Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,830 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm happy I lost a few pounds but the downside to it is all my t shirts are getting a bit baggy on me and I've spend Lots of money on them (large shirts i from concerts, wrestling shows etc). I could maybe put a medium under them lol

Yeah HTC being bought by Google is interesting. Can't wait to see the first flagship phone co made by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Looking a buying a new tv. Where are good places to look?

cena wrote: »
    Looking a buying a new tv. Where are good places to look?

Harvey Norman, DID the usual suspects

A few online stores too have good deals

I'd recommend a Sony Bravia 4K Android TV, have it myself and the picture is amazing, Android system can be a bit hit and miss but very good when you get the hang of it (you have to sideload a few apps as not all are available on the in built Google play store)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman, DID the usual suspects

A few online stores too have good deals

I'd recommend a Sony Bravia 4K Android TV, have it myself and the picture is amazing, Android system can be a bit hit and miss but very good when you get the hang of it (you have to sideload a few apps as not all are available on the in built Google play store)

Argos or Currys too for cheaper prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Richersounds. They have their own "talk to" here on boards, have a price guarantee (they will beat any price you can find", plus they usually offer 5 year guarantees on everything

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Any more PW heads interested in giving Werewolf a try? New Walking Dead themed game starting on Sunday.

2 slots left if anyone wants to give it a go. Here's the link to the sign up thread where any questions will be answered.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789148

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Do turn Werewolf if you have the free time. It's incredibly fun.

Also, me and Beaker are running a WWE themed game over there in December, so this can be a practice game :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Do turn Werewolf if you have the free time. It's incredibly fun.

Also, me and Beaker are running a WWE themed game over there in December, so this can be a practice game :P

A WWE Themed game in December?? :)

Happy Christmas me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is it Bojack or Serbia that has the dragons?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So is it Bojack or Serbia that has the dragons?

Gotta admit 95% of the titles of this thread are off the top of my head but that one had like zero thought behind it.

Could be the Welsh Dragon with Serbia for the football at the time but I'd posit that I may have been more in the TV relm like Bojack/R&M than Sports like McGregor and it was a GOTs reference.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I assumed you were combining all recent topics with R&M, Bojack, Conor, Serbia/Ireland match, GoT. So since it is a versus, I thought maybe the dragons were with Serbia, but now I'm thinking they're like a special enforcer or lumberjacks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, I assumed you were combining all recent topics with R&M, Bojack, Conor, Serbia/Ireland match, GoT. So since it is a versus, I thought maybe the dragons were with Serbia, but now I'm thinking they're like a special enforcer or lumberjacks

I like the sound of them as lumberjacks, at any moment the tag team of Bojack Horseman and Conor McGregor vs Vidic and his mates can turn into an inferno match. a run in from Rick and Morty would be pretty solid too

I have decided to go with this tv.

https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/toshiba-40l1653db-40-1080p-freeview-hd-led-tv-40l1653db

Anyone ever use this company?

Never felt so down

So frustrated with everything, working out like a animal, cleaned myself up and I still can't find a girlfriend. What do I have to do???

I've turned to drink before and I'm not going down that road again, neither am I going down the medication route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Never felt so down

So frustrated with everything, working out like a animal, cleaned myself up and I still can't find a girlfriend. What do I have to do???

I've turned to drink before and I'm not going down that road again, neither am I going down the medication route

I know this might sound like backwards advice but don't go looking for a girlfriend. Immerse yourself in all the things you enjoy and you'll end up finding someone that way. I'm currently single and anytime I've really wanted to go looking using POF and all that it's not worked but anytime I've just relaxed and enjoyed what I'm doing in the here and now I've been able to get talking to girls. Now my work then kicks that in the face but it's a less stressful and less self pressurised situation for yourself

I know this might sound like backwards advice but don't go looking for a girlfriend. Immerse yourself in all the things you enjoy and you'll end up finding someone that way. I'm currently single and anytime I've really wanted to go looking using POF and all that it's not worked but anytime I've just relaxed and enjoyed what I'm doing in the here and now I've been able to get talking to girls. Now my work then kicks that in the face but it's a less stressful and less self pressurised situation for yourself

I go to a lot of concerts and events on my own but would not the confidence to chat to strangers. Metallica in Glasgow in October will be a good test for my self esteem, first time going abroad alone for a show and i saw on The Metallica forums that a few of them are staying in the same hotel as myself. A lot of people would look at me like I have 10 heads cause I go to things alone but i enjoy doing that

This time of year is tough to be single

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I go to a lot of concerts and events on my own but would not the confidence to chat to strangers. Metallica in Glasgow in October will be a good test for my self esteem, first time going abroad alone for a show and i saw on The Metallica forums that a few of them are staying in the same hotel as myself. A lot of people would look at me like I have 10 heads cause I go to things alone but i enjoy doing that

This time of year is tough to be single

I did that but with rugby a few years ago I knew people were staying in a hotel and I just said on a forum I'll be there aswell. I go to a lot of matches now with them. And I'd consider them friends.

This all takes time and anyone who seems like they have it sussed they don't. They're either better at faking it or have been where you are in the past and are dealing with a whole new set of worries now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone know how to calm nerves before doing a live radio show, I'm bricking it....

How'd it go? Nerves pass?

My Siro broadband isn't working here so may start going through withdrawal soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's happening on Thursday, I've been asked to do an hour, even though I've a few pre-recorded shows under my belt, I don't think I'm ready to try it without the proverbial safety net...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Not exactly the same thing, but if you have any sort of script, I'd read it over and over again in preparation. That helped when I had to do any presentations in college

spotify really need to do something about this shuffle issue

i have a playlist of about 430 songs and it shuffles the same songs every time. I have premium so i doubt its just an issue for the free version. If i have to hear Nickelback again (love nickelback but the same song playing everyday is getting annoying)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

i have a playlist of about 430 songs and it shuffles the same songs every time. I have premium so i doubt its just an issue for the free version. If i have to hear Nickelback again (love nickelback but the same song playing everyday is getting annoying)

On a slightly related note. I fell asleep some night this week listening to a something to wrestle with podcast woke up 8 hours and three or four episodes later. That's good continuity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I remember having that at one stage, don't really use Spotify anymore but it would be seemingly only 50-60 songs in the actual shuffle

The way I got around it was just making playlists around 50 songs long and having several of them, not a fix to the problem but it's something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I've the same issue on Spotify and the way I had to get around it was by selecting anything after the first 50 or so songs. Not ideal but if the first song you choose is in the second half of the playlist then there was a lot more variety in shuffle, although it was more likely to ignore those songs near the start. I mostly listen to Spotify on my Amazon Echo now though so this doesn't work when I tell Alexa to play a specific playlist

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yer one on RTE (Yasmine Akram) really robbed Becky's Gimmick and even her voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah lads a hero to ye all has died, a literary media legend and the original ladies man :p Hugh Hefner, aged 91 what a age to last until

DKy2dREXoAEZqSi.jpg

if anyone wants to watch Ireland play ice hockey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igq4vTJOwZM&t=3915s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lads I'm looking for your two cents.

Do any you have any experience selling online? I recently won a competition for some "IT" merchandise. It turns out what came was a copy of the novel, a Georgie paper boat making kit and an IT Funko.

I googled the Funko for the craic as they are really not my thing. It is a chaser figure and it is going for really decent money online €100+. Thing is I was looking to flog it as I know it will only become a dust catcher. I have bought and sold on adverts.ie and find it really easy/local and simple.

If I am to make it worth my while is eBay the best option? Looking at it I will have to set up a sellers account. Is this really complicated in terms of setting up, shipping and things. Any info?
    Funko-Stephen-King-IT-Pennywise-Pop-CHASE-Figure-Choozily.jpg?fit=700%2C700&ssl=1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sell professionally on EBay.

It's not that hard to set up a personal account. EBay's system is incredibly friendly for users.

One piece of advice would be to make sure you take loads of photos, and get insurance and tracking when you're posting it to protect yourself.

Advertisement