Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Debating wether to stay up for the Ireland vs wales match tonight or not, kick off is at 2.45am! That said I do have a day of tomorrow for a national holiday here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Debating wether to stay up for the Ireland vs wales match tonight or not, kick off is at 2.45am! That said I do have a day of tomorrow for a national holiday here

I was very confused for a second about that start time, until I remembered you're not in Ireland :pac:

Angron wrote: »

I was very confused for a second about that start time, until I remembered you're not in Ireland :pac:

They did the English league cup draw recently in the middle of the night because iirc they have a Chinese sponsor or something now, that caused a lot of confusion...

Ill probably do my usual and stay up for the first half and if it's a good competitive match I'll be able to finish it if not I pass out at half time. Without Bale it really should be competitive though. Ramsey is a good player but otherwise I'd say the 2 teams are at least equal.

Even though he's a RB Coleman has been a huge loss since the last welsh game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wales really do feel like a one person team a lot of the time.

On that train of thought, mad that Messi and Argentina might not make it to the world cup, but there's only so far that he can take them. Need to beat Ecuador, or if they get a draw have a bunch of other results work in their favour to get into the qualification spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Wales are very organised, those who seen them in the Euros know they arent a one man team. Coleman seems to get the best out of the lesser players and they work very hard off the ball.

Player by player, Id say they are better than our squad, it will be up to Ireland to put it up to them and ask their goalkeeper a few questions.

Wales are the favs in my eyes, but we arent too afr off them and we tend to play best in away games against better teams (Italy, France, Serbia).

Hoping for a 1 nil tonight, with Shane Long finally finding his scoring boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Wales are very organised, those who seen them in the Euros know they arent a one man team. Coleman seems to get the best out of the lesser players and they work very hard off the ball.

Player by player, Id say they are better than our squad, it will be up to Ireland to put it up to them and ask their goalkeeper a few questions.

Wales are the favs in my eyes, but we arent too afr off them and we tend to play best in away games against better teams (Italy, France, Serbia).

Hoping for a 1 nil tonight, with Shane Long finally finding his scoring boots.

cant wait for the match, very nervous and with Long out it could be a long night for us (pardon the pun) .The scenes if we win and then somehow Georgia beat Serbia :D:D

The scotland game was nerve wrecking enough yesterday

2-0 wales i fear

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm a fairweather Ireland fan so don't usually watch...anything, tbh. But I'll be watching tonight. Looks to be a cracker of a game in terms of stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's going to be a hard watch probably. Imagine if we're leading 1-0 with 5 minutes to go and they're piling on the pressure with their fans roaring them on. I'm excited for what might be, but also dreading it. :D

And breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Job's only half done.

Then again, I really don't care for the Irish national team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's going to be a hard watch probably. Imagine if we're leading 1-0 with 5 minutes to go and they're piling on the pressure with their fans roaring them on. I'm excited for what might be, but also dreading it. :D

Great prediction, in fairness! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/917491809336610817

That was very stressful but thank goodness we got there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Everybody I talked to said they expected a sneaky win. That never happens with Irish football against far better sides on paper. Like not one person doubted they'd pull the 3 points. Delighted they gave themselves a shot at qualifying for the big one.

What a win

A few people hate me in this forum but we're here for banter, I predict things wrong or right but I have the same passion for pro wrestling than anyone else. I've turned to wrestling at the worst times of my life and prob will again in the future. We're here the love of all things wrestling etc long may it continue

Was not pretty and damn am I tired now but another play off has been secured after a very hard worked win. Hopefully the draw is kind to us (been hearing an all Ireland match is possible) and we can get a few lads back from injury for it too

Our ranking really has to improve now also, bit of a joke we were in pot 4 before the group was drawn.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A few people hate me in this forum

Dude, I think I can honestly say that no one "hates" you. Its a message board, and if someone can use that word to describe someone they've never met in real life, then kudos to them for living a very sheltered life....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Dude, I think I can honestly say that no one "hates" you. Its a message board, and if someone can use that word to describe someone they've never met in real life, then kudos to them for living a very sheltered life....

True

A lot of drink and emotions were all over the place

Hopefully we get a kind draw in the playoffs not going to be easy, we need Portugal too win tonight and put the swiss in the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was not pretty and damn am I tired now but another play off has been secured after a very hard worked win. Hopefully the draw is kind to us (been hearing an all Ireland match is possible) and we can get a few lads back from injury for it too

Our ranking really has to improve now also, bit of a joke we were in pot 4 before the group was drawn.

Is Ireland Vs. Northern Ireland a possibility?

I think Portugal, Italy or Denmark likely

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Ireland Vs. Northern Ireland a possibility?

I think Portugal, Italy or Denmark likely

Yeah I think it was for a while but the results the past few nights should mean they will drop down the rankings and not be seeded just like us iirc. I was just too tired after watching the match yesterday to work that out

I'd take Denmark.

I wonder will Gibralter beat Greece tonight lol

Prob better chance of wwe hosting wrestlemania in conemara tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

McClean slayed the Dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

McClean slayed the Dragon.

Should be the new Off Topic Title thread

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The budget was today yeah? Anywhere to get the long and short of it? I'd imagine tomorrow's Independent would be one.

It was yesterday so it would be today's papers you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

It was yesterday so it would be today's papers you are looking for.
    Yeah I'm totally out of the loop, in college with no TV! I got the short of it anyway, I'm no smoker but a €0.50 rise on fags is quite a hike!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yeah I'm totally out of the loop, in college with no TV! I got the short of it anyway, I'm no smoker but a €0.50 rise on fags is quite a hike!

According to my dad, that numpty with the annoying voice Donohue is making the rich even richer and if you like sugar and tanning you pay a tax for them now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As a non drinker it makes going to a bar even more expensive. And I suppose for mixers as well

I'm glad I gave up sugary drinks over the last few months for health reasons but I worry the shops will just up the price of all drinks with a blanket hike to be smart :(

Funk music is now a dislike of mine

2nd night in a row on the drink and had too listen too a band playing all the funk classics from yer man Chic etc

Imo So boring and song takes ages to get to the point and don't get me started about the dance moves associated with it

Prob half hungover, drunk, tired and cranky lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gotta make a move to a town that's right for me
    Town to keep me movin'
    Keep me groovin' with some energy
    Well, I talk about it, talk about it
    Talk about it, talk about it
    Talk about, talk about
    Talk about movin'
    Gotta move on
    Gotta move on
    Gotta move on
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Gotta make a move to a town that's right for me
    Town to keep me movin'
    Keep me groovin' with some energy
    Well, I talk about it, talk about it
    Talk about it, talk about it
    Talk about, talk about
    Talk about movin'
    Gotta move on
    Gotta move on
    Gotta move on
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    Funkytown
    Won't you take me to
    To Funkytown
    Won't you take me now
    To Funkytown

Suck it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

So this storm.....

I have candles and bread/beans. I'm good to go.

Advertisement