Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone know if there's a way of checking if a post office somewhere has a tonne of your stuff sitting and waiting for delivery?

Ordered a few packages weeks ago but An Post seem to not want to actually deliver them. Getting annoying :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a way of checking if a post office somewhere has a tonne of your stuff sitting and waiting for delivery?

Ordered a few packages weeks ago but An Post seem to not want to actually deliver them. Getting annoying :(

*tries not to sound like a smart ass*

Umm ask them?

Seriously though if you just go in and say do you have any undelivered post for Mr Lord TSC I don't see why that wouldn't work. Have ID then so if they do have your stuff you can collect it

Will be asking today, but I'd imagine that short of going to the sorting office, they'll tell me to bugger off, and even then....
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,275 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Aren't they meant to drop off a note saying they have it and if you don't collect within a couple days it gets sent back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You'd think so but they don't. Had this very problem with UPS a few weeks ago. In the end I rang them up and gave them my phone number and apt bell and it was sorted the next day. But best get the number of your closest post office and ask; might save you a trip down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Saw on the Daily Mail Sports section that Man United have 'agreed' personal terms with Radamel Falcao & his representatives ahead of a £43 million pound move next summer.
    Now it has emerged that United chief executive Ed Woodward has already agreed a £250,000-a-week wage – as well as bonuses and image rights – with the player and his representatives ahead of next summer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2778604/Radamel-Falcao-set-permanent-deal-Old-Trafford-Manchester-United-agree-personal-terms-Colombian-ahead-summer-transfer.html

Some defenders in January (hopefully) and a potential blockbuster signing in Falcao in the summer.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Saw on the Daily Mail Sports section that Man United have 'agreed' personal terms with Radamel Falcao & his representatives ahead of a £43 million pound move next summer.

If I remember right, there was a clause in the loan that we had to buy him, so would be surprised if that wasn't mostly worked out weeks ago. Still, if he starts knocking goals in (not saying he's not been great so far, mind), 43m will be an awesome price (though I guess you have to add the loan fee on as well).

Post Office told me to bugger off and be patient :/

Urge to reroll a character on WoW is rising...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If I remember right, there was a clause in the loan that we had to buy him, so would be surprised if that wasn't mostly worked out weeks ago. Still, if he starts knocking goals in (not saying he's not been great so far, mind), 43m will be an awesome price (though I guess you have to add the loan fee on as well).

It was reported that United could cancel Falcao's loan if he injured his knee, but that was false. Hopefully Falcao will start knocking starting tomorrow, Van Persie & Falcao will have to step up & deliver seeing as Rooney isn't available for the whole of October.

I'd be hopeful that Mata will Falcao score a few :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anybody get an iphone on a 24 month contract? If so what's yer thoughts? Half thinking of getting a 16gb 5c but 24 months is a long time. Wouldn't be looking past €35 per month.

• Advertisement

Cristiano Ronaldo is scary good, 11 goals in 4 games so far for Real Madrid this season, hit his 26th Real Madrid hat-trick against Athletic Bilbao.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That came back to bite him at the World Cup though. He ran himself ragged last season (which was a great season for him), so he looked pretty tired and underperformed at the WC.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Angron wrote: »
    That came back to bite him at the World Cup though. He ran himself ragged last season (which was a great season for him), so he looked pretty tired and underperformed at the WC.

So did Messi, Hazard and a host of other big names.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

True enough I suppose. Ronaldo was probably just the most obvious to me because of how shambolic Portugal were without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Messi was outstanding bar the final

The Portuguese national team look like dear in headlights without Ronaldo, they wouldn't have made the World Cup if it wasn't for Ronaldo single handedly dragging them against Sweden in the play offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Keano's new book already leaked and making all the headlines, surely will top the best sellers list now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Am ridiculously proud of this goal I scored tonight :pac:

Serbia vs. Albania got abandoned tonight in the Euro qualifiers. Albanian fans flew a drone with an Albanian flag and map of Kosovo on it over the pitch, a Serbian player tore it down, and then fights started.

Edit: John O'Shea you f*cking beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

JOHN O SHEA WHAT A BLOODY LEGEND.

So thrilled that was the first Irish match I've watched in years :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

feel really out of the loop... learned these 3 things today, all 3 seem like things I just should have already known already

1. The Deep Web (I did hear of this but not that it) makes up 96% of the world wide webs content!

2. Michael Jackson of all people released a song asking America if it knows where their kids are this year!

3. Scotlands national animal is the unicorn!

felt like the Miz as these things were said to me... Really? Really? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Wow Southampton really gave Sunderland a hammering today! So much for them falling apart this season.

Man City, brilliant in the Premier League, absolute ****e in the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I ordered an iPhone 6 yesterday. Today a Jailbreak (minus Cydia for now) is released. Perfect timing :D was worried I'd have to go a while without my jailbreak.

Hulkbuster armour for Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron

The-Avengers-2-Leaked-Still-Hulkbuster-620x370.jpg

Kick in the teeth for Agents of SHIELD who were meant to get the world premier of this next week to help with dropping ratings, but after someone leaked the trailer, Marvel have decided to release it a week early officially.

Looks ridiculously good....

Scratch ridiculously good, it looks ****in amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Absolutely massive match tomorrow night in Oriel Park. First vs Second in the League on the last day, Winner takes all. Dundalk FC vs Cork City. You couldn't book it any better. It's on live tomorrow night on RTE2 at 7:45. I'd urge everyone who loves football to tune in. Here's a video promo for it. Look at Colin Healy's sensational last minute over head goal on the 1:00 min mark.

Advertisement