Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I tell ye what lads, being diabetic isn't as much craic as it seems.

I've been sick on and off the past week. Of course, every time the kids get sick, I get what they have, but worse, and for longer.

But lately, something has been happening to my blood sugars, and I haven't a clue what's going on. I keep getting low sugars, and they are leaving me devastated. Just had the worst one yet there an hour ago. I'm totally exhausted now, and have easily eaten my own weight in sweeties and ice cream, trying to bring them back to the right level.

But eating anything sweet makes me feel sick because of the medication i'm on. So i can look forward to a wild dose of the trots now later too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Went into the computer labs in college today and downloaded the Scrappermania 3 VOD that I bought from Vimeo.
    All 8.2GB of it in just shy of a half hour, just too sweet. May as well take advantage of the speeds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I've been sick on and off the past week. Of course, every time the kids get sick, I get what they have, but worse, and for longer.

But lately, something has been happening to my blood sugars, and I haven't a clue what's going on. I keep getting low sugars, and they are leaving me devastated. Just had the worst one yet there an hour ago. I'm totally exhausted now, and have easily eaten my own weight in sweeties and ice cream, trying to bring them back to the right level.

But eating anything sweet makes me feel sick because of the medication i'm on. So i can look forward to a wild dose of the trots now later too.
    That sucks dude, my grandmother has diabetes and is always struggling with her levels too. The exact opposite though, she usually struggles to keep hers down. Have you tried drinking Lucozade? Not sure how compatible it is with your medication, but it usually does the trick for her any time her levels are low

Virtanen wrote: »
    That sucks dude, my grandmother has diabetes and is always struggling with her levels too. The exact opposite though, she usually struggles to keep hers down. Have you tried drinking Lucozade? Not sure how compatible it is with your medication, but it usually does the trick for her any time her levels are low

Mine have been high for years, and all of a sudden, they are now going between perfect and low! Ya, i take lucosade regularly too, but it's not as effective as it once was, as they have lowered the sugar levels in it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right lads, a question

Tattoos. How much do they actually hurt?

There's a new place has opened up in Drogheda that I walk by once a week. Looks super clean, but they have wide windows so I get to have a nosy (in a non creepy way, promise) at people getting inked up.

I don't have any. And if I'm honest, I don't think they'd look in anyway good on my currently flabby body :P But I'm curious, the stories are they hurt, but whenever I see people getting them, they're smiling, chatting, not a bother on them. Is it just they are tough enough or whatever, and it doesn't bother them? Is the pain overstated?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The pain depends massively on where it's being done on the body, as well as the person's own tolerance for pain. I can't say it has ever been pleasant when I've gotten tattoos, but it's not that bad either, however I've only gotten one on my upper arm, and three on my calf, and those areas are generally supposed to be fine. From what I've heard, areas closer to bone are worse, with ones like the ribs being quite painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My mam has it and we always tell her keep some chocolate/sweets on her over blood sugar dropping, it can be a pain but take care, try Chromium tablets

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Right lads, a question

Tattoos. How much do they actually hurt?

There's a new place has opened up in Drogheda that I walk by once a week. Looks super clean, but they have wide windows so I get to have a nosy (in a non creepy way, promise) at people getting inked up.

I don't have any. And if I'm honest, I don't think they'd look in anyway good on my currently flabby body :P But I'm curious, the stories are they hurt, but whenever I see people getting them, they're smiling, chatting, not a bother on them. Is it just they are tough enough or whatever, and it doesn't bother them? Is the pain overstated?

It really does depend on your expectations and pain threshold. Go in expecting the worst, and you might be surprised at how much it doesn't hurt compared to your expectations.

The first time I got one, I was loaded drunk. Never hardly felt it. thought to myself, this is great, so went back two weeks later for another, totally sober. For 4.5 hours, I nearly died!!! Wasn't expecting it at all.

However, my last tattoo I got, was on my inner forearm. Was always told that this was awful sore as it's such a tender spot. But I didn't find it awfully bad at all.

It's by no means unbearable. To me, it kind of feels like a hot needle being dragged across your skin. If the needle goes over a bony area or an area with tendons close to the skin, expect a little extra pain.

My recommendation is, always chew chewing gum when getting tattooed. The brain works in funny ways, and if you are chewing, it sends a signal to your caveman part of your brain, telling it that if you are eating, you are in no immediate danger. For some reason, the sensation of pain is lessened as a result. Works for me anyhow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Metallica in Glasgow was unreal, enjoyed travelling alone but it's not the same as going won't others, didn't talk too many people but I had a few bottles, had a decent sleep and got a kick ass t shirt. Proud of myself and there will be plenty more in the tank hopefully. WWE next Thursday and the Ireland vs Denmark game. 2017 was a great year for gigs,events and sports for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hey Buffy! When are you and LTSC running that WWE Werewolf game? that was mad stuff altogether

It's always weird being away from Ireland when there are bank holiday weekends and seeing people posting about them online... this one sounds especially odd though bank holiday weekend and then you gotta go back to work on Halloween

Hey Buffy! When are you and LTSC running that WWE Werewolf game? that was mad stuff altogether

I was so thrilled seeing you kill it btw. You had a brilliant first game :D

We're workin on the date still, but should be the latter end of November.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I was so thrilled seeing you kill it btw. You had a brilliant first game :D

We're workin on the date still, but should be the latter end of November.

Appreciate it but the first day and a half I wouldn't say I killed it. Drew huge heat on myself by just taking the P while trying to work out what was going on. How I got to the final few I really don't know.

Who were you? honestly did not work that one out.

PW folks I recommend you get involved if you have the time (it is time consuming) and I look forward to the WWE theme but yeah it was good to get a game under my belt first.

I was Nigel, aka Amy the Rat (a shaman who would have had a few totems to play with, including mind control and forcing one person to declare their role on thread). I got killed by the serial killer at the first lynch. From what I gather, I said I thought there was something off about Holly earlier that day, and what was off was that she was Prof Walsh, and had been recruited by the serial killer earlier that day, so decided to get rid of me quickly :(

Lads, any info on this werewolfs game for me? Is it a PSVR one?

Nah, game is played entirely on Boards.ie :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1770

Basically, everyone gets a role to play, but it can be divided into goodies and baddies. Goodies have to figure out who the baddies are before they all die.

The PSVR one operates on the same rules, though with smaller numbers.

Me and Beaker are running one next month with a WWE theme to it, so people will be getting wrestling characters assigned to them :)

I'd let Lordy answer you as this was my first go round. Lasted much longer than him but I think think that is just pure luck in many ways still would have loved to have gotten an actual character not a non rolled one. I feel if you have a character ou will get up to speed and know whats going on a lot quicker as you will see the backroom talk and know more about tasks from the off instead of just reacting to what people are saying on thread.

For instance Gerry reading my post now is probably thinking WTF is he on about but if you had a room where such things could be discussed independant of the game and if you were given a task so you could have an example of what others might be doing it'd def be helpful.

I'm holding out for a Vinnie Mac, Hogan, SCSA Austin role next time :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Glad you enjoyed it lads.

I'm absolutely wrecked from the week of modding it.

It def helps that you were running it and people like LTSC and Joe were involved. I love our PW posters, everyone just seems sound out and if you guys were not involved I don't know if I would have given it a shot as it does seem daunting but far less so when such folk are there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I cannot wait for the WWE themed game!!! Love a bit of werewolf even tho I’m terrible at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Mauro Ranallo commentating on the Joshua fight. Strange to hear him doing something non WWE. Though the outcome is probably pre determined here too.

Loughc wrote: »
    I cannot wait for the WWE themed game!!! Love a bit of werewolf even tho I’m terrible at it.
    Really enjoyed it as well, will definitely be joining up for the wrestling-themed one

I haven't been around since Thursday night though, so I missed the final day, I think I ended up being munched by the vamps in the end. I was Clodagh aka Tara. I mostly stayed in the background, observing how things went down. But now I have a game under my belt I'll try to be more involved next time, and hopefully with more free time too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm glad the feedback on the game is so positive - particularly from the new players BH and Virtanen. It was a tough game to get thrown into, super complex and role heavy. As villagers with no real power (although Virtanen ACED their task) I'm sure it was really daunting.

Glad to hear you're coming back too, a few of the regulars over there are taking time off in the coming months due to RL stuff so to get an influx of new players would be great!

There's a live game starting next Friday if anyone wants a taster before the lads WWE themed game - a one night game that finishes the same night. Not as much commitment required as it'll be done in the evening. I'll put up link if anyone fancies a crack at it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057802550

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Virtanen wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it as well, will definitely be joining up for the wrestling-themed one

I haven't been around since Thursday night though, so I missed the final day, I think I ended up being munched by the vamps in the end. I was Clodagh aka Tara. I mostly stayed in the background, observing how things went down. But now I have a game under my belt I'll try to be more involved next time, and hopefully with more free time too

Ah that’s gas I was Willow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pentecost wrote:
    Mauro Ranallo commentating on the Joshua fight. Strange to hear him doing something non WWE. Though the outcome is probably pre determined here too.

He did Pride & Strikeforce pre WWE too. His call of Randleman beating Cro-Cop was fantastic.
    Wish UFC signed him to commentate instead of Anik.

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah that’s gas I was Willow!
    Lmao, literally reading the Dead Room now to see what was said about me and just came across that myself. Our connection survives beyond death :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah Mauro was good in fairness. Seemed more natural for him, probably benefited from (I assume) not having someone in his ear micro managing everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Looked at stickers on ProWrestlingTees, the postage costs the same as if I were buying a T-Shirt ($8.99). Crazy.

Yeah, PWT charge a fixed postage rate PER ITEM, no matter what size the item is. Thats crazy. I was going to buy a few on their site a few weeks ago, and ended up just getting one. As an online seller, that really annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

For those who asked about details about the WWE werewolf game,

Cheap Plug : New game sign up and poll date thread!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057803441#

It does take some time to play (probaly about 5 days out of your life) but its so enjoyable. This Werewolf game is WWE themed and any questions can be directed to myself or Lord TSC.

So if your interested, holler at your boy.

Advertisement