Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Any recommendations for sites to download YouTube videos at 1080p? KeepVid have put the 1080p option behind a paywall. One without a time limit too if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any recommendations for sites to download YouTube videos at 1080p? KeepVid have put the 1080p option behind a paywall. One without a time limit too if possible.

Clipgrab

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have the ant plugin for firefox and it works great

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I use "YTD Video Downloader" it's a (paid) program that monitors your clipboard and downloads and whatever quality you like. I've found Jdownloader (free) to be very buggy with YouTube, stop and starting/deleting what it downloaded etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

beakerjoe wrote: »
    For those who asked about details about the WWE werewolf game,

Cheap Plug : New game sign up and poll date thread!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057803441#

It does take some time to play (probaly about 5 days out of your life) but its so enjoyable. This Werewolf game is WWE themed and any questions can be directed to myself or Lord TSC.

So if your interested, holler at your boy.

Anyone thinking of having a go at WWE Werewolf but afraid to commit, maybe you can dip your toe into a smaller, quicker verison of the game.

Our own Necrominus is running a quick game on this week. Its a scalled down game with less roles and no wwe theme (this one is football themed), plus it takes place over one evening rathe rthan a week, so its a great way to see how the game works without commiting to a full game.
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Last chance to sign up for the live game, taking place tomorrow evening :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057802550

• Advertisement

Went to see Jigsaw yesterday, anyone else seen it yet?

Yep. Not the worst Saw but around about the lower part of the middle in the Saw ranking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Any of ye like very hot curries?

I got a powder from a company based out of Dublin, it's called Oh Fahl, and its a take on the Phall, meant to be the hottest curry out there. It's 15% Carolina Reaper Chilli, which ranks at 2 million on the Scoville heat scale (a Jalapeno is between 2000 & 20,000).

I had some for dinner last night, and again for lunch today. I had to tap out at dinner last night. The heat is truly next level. The amazing thing is, despite the spiciness, there is a huge amount of flavour to the curry, something i don't normally find with other hot curries.

Ya, I love curry!!!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yep. Not the worst Saw but around about the lower part of the middle in the Saw ranking
    Reckon there'll be a sequel?

Reckon there'll be a sequel?

Spoilers for Jigsaw
    I'm sure they plan on it since it's clear they're trying to jump start it again after so long away. But I don't see how they could do it and keep Tobin Bell in it. This one was a stretch as it was with a really dodgy ending reveal.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Spoilers for Jigsaw
    I'm sure they plan on it since it's clear they're trying to jump start it again after so long away. But I don't see how they could do it and keep Tobin Bell in it. This one was a stretch as it was with a really dodgy ending reveal.
    Jigsaw Spoilers.
    Yeah absolutely, if it's a case that they keep him on it'll be hard to see it work as there's only so much flashbacks you can do without it getting too ridiculous. At the same time, would it be the same without him for viewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Any of ye like very hot curries?

I got a powder from a company based out of Dublin, it's called Oh Fahl, and its a take on the Phall, meant to be the hottest curry out there. It's 15% Carolina Reaper Chilli, which ranks at 2 million on the Scoville heat scale (a Jalapeno is between 2000 & 20,000).

I had some for dinner last night, and again for lunch today. I had to tap out at dinner last night. The heat is truly next level. The amazing thing is, despite the spiciness, there is a huge amount of flavour to the curry, something i don't normally find with other hot curries.

Ya, I love curry!!!

Me and a friend had a game of Fifa a few weeks back and loser had to take a chilli one of the lads had, 100k scovilles so not touching a carolina reaper. I won and he did it but his reaction was ridiculous, took him a half hour to calm down and so much milk and ice cream

Of course we instantly had another game for 2 chillis this time and I won but the bstard wouldnt do it :pac:

Chip shop curry has me needing milk so lord knows how I'd react to a chilli but we now have some ghost pepper chillis which are close to 1 million scovilles to make some other poor fecker do

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus just seeing now on the news that the compromised rules games are on in Australia next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jaysus just seeing now on the news that the compromised rules games are on in Australia next week.
    5am start

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ireland made a good go of it against Papua New Guinea in the Rugby League World Cup just now. We were playing them on their home turf and the sport is like a religion to them over there. Wales had been beaten 50-6 and most pundits expected Ireland to get similarly battered but we were trailing 8-6 going into the final minutes. Sadly a mistake while we chased a try led to the match-winning score and we lost 14-6.

Dunno if anyone else is into Rugby League as obviously Union is the dominant rugby code here but I started getting into League a year or two ago and really like the sport. Some people get into League vs Union debates but I happen to get enjoyment out of both.

If you fancy seeing how Ireland got on, or want to see what the sport is like, BBC 2 will be showing highlights of today's match at 4 pm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lived with a lad from Wigan for a year and he couldn't give two sh*ts when Wigan got into the Premiership because for him and most of his mates back home it was all about Rugby league. Good sport and I've enjoyed playing it in the past despite being a union guy.

Never got disliking one sport cos you like another be it league/union or the more common one you see of soccer/rugby (the lads on the soccer board can be terrible for that - jump down a lads throat for asking if game times clash cos heaven forbid you want to watch both). It always annoyed me when growing up when I heard people use the terms kiss ballers (soccer) or egg chasers (Rugby).

Big day of sport next Sat

17.30 the rugby Ireland vs South Africa then the 1st leg of the WC play off between Denmark and Rep of Ireland at 19.45. If ur still up the international rules is on at 5am Sunday morning (I'll be recording it myself lol).

Not a huge fan of the international rules but will watch it. Loved when they were allowed kick the crap out of each other lol. At the end of the day it's professional athlete's vs Amueters

Would love too see the Republic make the world cup finals but it's going to be a hard ask. We need to get a positive result in Denmark and them try and finish then off at home. Heading up myself on the 14th

Apparently (not sure how true it is)a lot of youth will be used by Joe Smit for these autumn internationals and would be nice to win them all and show what world rugby are missing out on giving the Boks the WC in 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

More shootings in America, this time in Texas

I think Wilder will give AJ a run for his money

That match could save boxing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    More shootings in America, this time in Texas

Looking at that now, at least 26 dead. Horrible, horrible news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The scary thing to me is it look's like it was a local who killed the gunman so the gun lobby will use that as the major news not the 26 dead.

“The Only Thing That Stops A Bad Guy With A Gun, Is A Good Guy With A Gun” will now be there message again :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The scary thing to me is it look's like it was a local who killed the gunman so the gun lobby will use that as the major news not the 26 dead.

“The Only Thing That Stops A Bad Guy With A Gun, Is A Good Guy With A Gun” will now be there message again :(

Yeah, I saw that they weren't sure if it was the local, or self-inflicted, but you're absolutely right if it was the local guy.

And Trump's response was it wasn't a gun issue. It was a mental health issue.
    And someone else said if people were allowed to carry guns in the church, it would've helped.
    So yeah, this won't help in the campaign for gun control

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think Wilder will give AJ a run for his money

That match could save boxing

Heavyweight is as puch politics as skills. Wilder had over 25 bouts in the 09 to 12 period to build up an undefeated record.

Joshua had a nice early run to build up his.

I expect they will talk a lot, for a long while about fighting before they ever do.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I had an unpleasant experience a little while ago while looking after my Dad's dog. It's a cocker spaniel, and a young one too. About a month ago it had a seizure that really freaked my Dad out as he was there with him at the time. He took him to the vet and they ran a bunch of blood tests to see if it was epilepsy. They couldn't find anything wrong with the tests so they recommended a special food for the dog - but no medication - and told my Dad to monitor things. There weren't any fits since...until...

Today I was looking after the dog while my Dad went out. Things seemed fine and the dog was in good spirits. I was sat on the couch flicking through my phone and the dog had his head resting on my leg. Next thing I know the dog lifts his head up in a strange way, almost like he was in a trance, and I knew something was wrong. Within seconds he goes into a full body seizure, limbs jerking, teeth exposed, foaming at the mouth. I was scared he was going to die right in front of me.

I'd been told that it was a good idea to throw a coat over a dog in this situation as the darkness is soothing for them or something. Well, my coat was outside the room and I didn't want to leave him, so I took off my shirt and threw it over him and just started chucking any random bit of clothes from the nearby radiator over him! Yes, I panicked.

There was a moment where he was looking at me like he didn't know who I was which was unsettling. He then came to his senses and started panting like mad. He began trotting all over the house like he couldn't stay still. I told my Dad who then rang the vet and the vet says now he might need medication and it might be epilepsy after all (but the tests said it wasn't so that confuses me).

I'm hoping the dog doesn't have a brain tumour as I heard that can be a possible cause of seizures if it isn't epilepsy. I'm not around the dog now but I got a call to say he looks fine enough. I'd hate if this becomes a regular thing as I've read some worrying accounts of dogs that have a bad seizure and aren't the same afterwards. I know someone that had to put a dog down over something like that, although it was an old dog.

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest. Has anyone ever had a similar experience with this type of thing? I don't want to have to hear about or see something like that again.

Any Junior Soccer heads here?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any Junior Soccer heads here?

Limerick Junior Soccer? Or further afield?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I had an unpleasant experience a little while ago while looking after my Dad's dog. It's a cocker spaniel, and a young one too. About a month ago it had a seizure that really freaked my Dad out as he was there with him at the time. He took him to the vet and they ran a bunch of blood tests to see if it was epilepsy. They couldn't find anything wrong with the tests so they recommended a special food for the dog - but no medication - and told my Dad to monitor things. There weren't any fits since...until...

Today I was looking after the dog while my Dad went out. Things seemed fine and the dog was in good spirits. I was sat on the couch flicking through my phone and the dog had his head resting on my leg. Next thing I know the dog lifts his head up in a strange way, almost like he was in a trance, and I knew something was wrong. Within seconds he goes into a full body seizure, limbs jerking, teeth exposed, foaming at the mouth. I was scared he was going to die right in front of me.

I'd been told that it was a good idea to throw a coat over a dog in this situation as the darkness is soothing for them or something. Well, my coat was outside the room and I didn't want to leave him, so I took off my shirt and threw it over him and just started chucking any random bit of clothes from the nearby radiator over him! Yes, I panicked.

There was a moment where he was looking at me like he didn't know who I was which was unsettling. He then came to his senses and started panting like mad. He began trotting all over the house like he couldn't stay still. I told my Dad who then rang the vet and the vet says now he might need medication and it might be epilepsy after all (but the tests said it wasn't so that confuses me).

I'm hoping the dog doesn't have a brain tumour as I heard that can be a possible cause of seizures if it isn't epilepsy. I'm not around the dog now but I got a call to say he looks fine enough. I'd hate if this becomes a regular thing as I've read some worrying accounts of dogs that have a bad seizure and aren't the same afterwards. I know someone that had to put a dog down over something like that, although it was an old dog.

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest. Has anyone ever had a similar experience with this type of thing? I don't want to have to hear about or see something like that again.

Hope the dog will be ok

Limerick Junior Soccer? Or further afield?
    Pretty much any and all! :D Sheriff YC, the winners of the FAI Junior Cup for the last two years and four of the last six, were knocked out tonight so I'm a bit more hopeful for a Limerick side winning it out.

• Advertisement

Nervous about 2morrows games

Rugby could go either way but it's nice to see some new guys get a run out like Aki and Stockdale. South Africa have improved a lot and will be up for the challenge

The soccer is the one most of us have been looking forward too and can't wait for it myself. We need a score draw or a win, a 0-0 will be as bad as a Danish win. Our away record had been good this campaign (2 draws and 3 wins) but our luck is bound to run out sometime

Advertisement