Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

Pretty much any and all! :D Sheriff YC, the winners of the FAI Junior Cup for the last two years and four of the last six, were knocked out tonight so I'm a bit more hopeful for a Limerick side winning it out.

Saw that Usher Celtic knocked them out. Never heard of Usher Celtic before so thats a big surprise. Hopefully Evergreen or one of the other Kilkenny teams can get to the final again this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

kksaints wrote: »
    Saw that Usher Celtic knocked them out. Never heard of Usher Celtic before so thats a big surprise. Hopefully Evergreen or one of the other Kilkenny teams can get to the final again this season.
    Heard from Sirsok that it's pretty much a two Horse race in Kilkenny between Evergreen and Freebooters?
    Janesboro would be the best bet from Limerick in my opinion, St. Michael's will be favourites too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

Heard from Sirsok that it's pretty much a two Horse race in Kilkenny between Evergreen and Freebooters?
    Janesboro would be the best bet from Limerick in my opinion, St. Michael's will be favourites too.

Thomastown who beat Shamrock Rovers in the Leinster Senior cup in February would also be strong but its between those three I'd say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just watched a very comfortable victory over South Africa in the rugby now for the football. Think I'm going to struggle to stay awake late enough to finish it but at least O'Neil has picked an attacking team, hopefully we can get an away goal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I expected Ireland to beat South Africa, what I didn't expect was South Africa to be so utterly awful during the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Entertaining game thus far.

The Danes are looking impressive. Great final 15mins from ROI. Since Randolph and Christy have earned their place in the side their performances have been fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I thought it was an awful performance personally. We were lucky to get the draw, had Denmark been a bit more clinical thry could have easily been walking into Dublin with a 2 goal advantage. Defence at times looked leaky, which considering we base our whole game around relying on defending isn't the greatest omen. Brady, Hendrick and Arter in particular were very poor. Randolph basically kept us in the tie. Smash and grab job once again on Tuesday it seems is our only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It was 93 minutes of rubbish..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Delighted with the rugby result and impressed with some of the new guys. The boks never turned up

The soccer in fairness was a pile of **** and both teams are terrible tbh but it's a must win game now on Tuesday (lucky to have a ticket). A score draw will put Denmark through so we have too win, 0-0 will put it ET.

Heard the result of the international rules but didn't see it. Not good for us

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Delighted with the rugby result and impressed with some of the new guys. The boks never turned up

The soccer in fairness was a pile of **** and both teams are terrible tbh but it's a must win game now on Tuesday (lucky to have a ticket). A score draw will put Denmark through so we have too win, 0-0 will put it ET.

Heard the result of the international rules but didn't see it. Not good for us

Was better than the Denmark/Ireland match anyways, despite the loss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gutted for NI that they couldn't beat the Swiss last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Generally dont like talking about stuff like this but lost my gandmother on sunday and just made me think how she was the one who fostered my love for wrestling. She would just let me sit for hours watching it even tho she thought it was rubbish and would buy me all the figures which i still have and paased down to my nephew.

Just shows that even something like wrestling can bring a family together and bring a lifetime of memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

sky88 wrote: »
    Generally dont like talking about stuff like this but lost my gandmother on sunday and just made me think how she was the one who fostered my love for wrestling. She would just let me sit for hours watching it even tho she thought it was rubbish and would buy me all the figures which i still have and paased down to my nephew.

Just shows that even something like wrestling can bring a family together and bring a lifetime of memories.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you and your family are keeping well.

I know how you feel sky, my grandmother died earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Angron wrote: »

Sorry for your loss, my sympathies to you both and your families, think of all the good times, they will always be in your hearts

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Angron wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you both.

Sorry for your loss.

I lost my grandmother during the summer I hope you and your family are doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hope you and the family are ok i know mine are trying to get on with some semblance of normality as hard as it is.

Hope you and the family are ok i know mine are trying to get on with some semblance of normality as hard as it is.

If you or angron wanna chat feel free to DM me

Sorry for your loss.

I lost my grandmother during the summer I hope you and your family are doing ok.

Hope you and your family doing a bit better now, sorry for your loss too

• Advertisement

Sorry for ur losses guys

I lost my 2 grandmothers In the space of 2 months in 2015. It's gets easier with time remember the good times

Looking forward to hearing to the game in Dublin tomorrow and hoping we get the win as being in the world cup will really give everyone in the country a lift and next summer will be so exciting. We need too improve a lot though on Saturday

Italy are 25 mins away from missing the world cup finals for the first time since 1958

Yeah, most of the evening has been a bit of a blur, but we're just trying to keep trucking on.

No Italy at next year's world cup

Congrats too Sweden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No Italy at next year's world cup

Congrats too Sweden
    The Conte Effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Sorry for your losses angron and sky.

As for Italy. I feel for Buffon he wanted to retire after the world cup. As keepers go he is a walking talking legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sympathies to our Good Brothers sky88 and Angron. Sky, you're nanny sounded like a kick ass person, letting you watch the stupid wrestling and buying you toys like that. Grandmas are the best. Hope you two are ok and are there for your parents, they'll be hurting too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sorry for your losses guys. Plenty of friendly ears here if ye ever need to chat. Especially coming into the Christmas season, ye are not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sky & Angron, my deepest sympathies to you both. Don't ever be afraid to reach out for a chat. I'll always respond

Duffy puts Ireland in lead now to maintain, will Randolf be hero again, COYBIG

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Duffy puts Ireland in lead now to maintain, will Randolf be hero again, COYBIG

1-2 Denmark.

Advertisement