Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Omackeral I don't know if I'm biased towards you because you're a LOI man but you must be one of the wittiest posters on Boards whether I see you on PW or Soccer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Omackeral wrote: »
    .....there we go.

#OmacIL #OmacIL :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Just skate from Tallaght to Chapelizod?

I won't have them kind of skates

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    #OmacIL #OmacIL :P

Don't bring that sh*t in here Liz! Celeb Big Brother is somehow even cringier then wrestling!

cena wrote: »
    I won't have them kind of skates

Well you'll never make if with that attitude. Believe in yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Don't bring that sh*t in here Liz! Celeb Big Brother is somehow even cringier then wrestling!

And you love it, the cringier the better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Listening too the band Seether now bit of a blast from the past. They done a few songs for WWE related stuff

Thing I find odd is that there from South Africa, a country not really known for producing known rock bands afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Listening too the band Seether now bit of a blast from the past. They done a few songs for WWE related stuff

Thing I find odd is that there from South Africa, a country not really known for producing known rock bands afaik

I think they are good

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Eminem released a new song last Friday, and Revival his 9th album is being released tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Awesome! Looking forward to it. He was in Pink's new song recently:

• Advertisement

Might check the record shop in Galway for it later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I so want this.

stephenamell1001_1.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its up on ProWrestlingTees now. Getting one for Xmas :P

He also fought at ROH last night.

https://twitter.com/blowcastle/status/931772731175178240?s=17

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sorry....

https://twitter.com/KayfabeNews/status/931509845508919296

Edit: jokes aside best thing about BC are the random t-shirts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

At least I've seen a fair few members of BC wrestle :pac:

Was worried when Man Utd went 0-1 down to Newcastle, thank feck they bounced back to win by a comfortable enough margin. Also, was working at my first Christmas grotto of the year today. It's begun for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Agreed. There's no sense in having little 8 year olds running around on a full size 11 a side pitch for starters. Have 5 or 7 a side and encourage passing and footwork. don't automatically but the bigger, stronger boys as centre backs just because they're big.

They don't. U8s play 5v5 on pitch sized 45m x 25m max. Teams play 5v5 at 8s and 9s moving to 7v7 at 10s and 11s before going to 9v9 at 12s and 11v11 at 13s but can still play 9v9 at 13s but most teams play 11v11. Also not sure if it's still used but U6s - U11s use the retreat line to try and encourage playing the ball out from the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Malcolm Young of AC/DC fame has passed away aged 64.

The bands songs have been used in wrestling for many years.

Malcolm had been retired since 2010, suffering from dementia. RIP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, saw that. Real shame, can't have been easy dealing with dementia.

Omackeral, what do you think of PP having Bohs as last favourites to win the league i.e. To finish bottom?

• Advertisement

They have Longford at second favourites to win Division 1 (4/1, Galway Utd are 3/1). We'll need to play a hell of a lot better than last year to justify those odds.

Omackeral, what do you think of PP having Bohs as last favourites to win the league i.e. To finish bottom?

There will be no fear of that. Think they were tipped to be relegated by a lot of people this season and Long (who was bookies favourite to be sacked first) did an incredible job getting them a 5th place finish.

Unfortunately can see Limerick being relegated again this year. Also rumours that Derry are gonna one up Dundalks 3yr contract to Gannon by offering McEleney a 4yr contract, the boom definitely back.

There will be no fear of that. Think they were tipped to be relegated by a lot of people this season and Long (who was bookies favourite to be sacked first) did an incredible job getting them a 5th place finish.

Unfortunately can see Limerick being relegated again this year. Also rumours that Derry are gonna one up Dundalks 3yr contract to Gannon by offering McEleney a 4yr contract, the boom definitely back.
    I said the same, no fear of them with Keith Long at the helm. Be grand.

It's early days yet but it's not looking good for Limerick, thankfully Duggie has resigned but still need to nail down Lee J and sign a few more.

Angron wrote: »
    They have Longford at second favourites to win Division 1 (4/1, Galway Utd are 3/1). We'll need to play a hell of a lot better than last year to justify those odds.
    Not surprised at Galway, I said it before the season ended that whoever finished third bottom would probably go straight back up.

I said the same, no fear of them with Keith Long at the helm. Be grand.

It's early days yet but it's not looking good for Limerick, thankfully Duggie has resigned but still need to nail down Lee J and sign a few more.

Not a fan of Duggie, preferred the other three lads to him but unfortunately O'Connor was released in the summer. From what I heard Lee J is as good as out the door, was speaking with Sligo already and seems to be unhappy with the set up at the club. With Bastian gone to Waterford can see the club coming back to him with a better offer though, lose him as well as Bastian along with the whole ticket thing they're pulling and season tickets sales will be at rock bottom for next season.

What's the ticket thing they are pulling?

The fact that they have Bohs as a relegation side is a bit surprising considering this team finished 5th, have a fantastic manager and signed the core of the team back. However it's a 10 team league next year so it'll be hard to steer clear of the drop so we could be in a dog fight with Bray, Limerick, Sligo, Pats and Waterford. I'd fancy Bohs against any first division side in relegation/promotion play off though. It'll be a good season on that end. I see the top 4 being exactly the same again.

Angron wrote: »
    What's the ticket thing they are pulling?

They've categorised games into As and Bs, if you don't buy your ticket online by 4pm on the night of a game for one of the A games you'll be charged 18e for the stand and 15e to stand.

http://www.limerickfc.ie/club-shop/match-prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

That's like they are actively trying to turn away last minute business!

They obviously have a plan in mind but I don't see it being successful.

They'll create no atmosphere in the markets field with that tactic.

• Advertisement

That does seem fairly baffling.

Advertisement