Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Angron wrote: »
    That does seem fairly baffling.
    Limerick sport in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Kankan14 wrote: »
    That's like they are actively trying to turn away last minute business!

They obviously have a plan in mind but I don't see it being successful.

They'll create no atmosphere in the markets field with that tactic.

I wouldn't know the figures but I'd assume last minute business would be high numbers, especially at Limerick because apart from buying tickets on match night the only place in the city you can buy them in advance is a butcher's on the northside of Limerick.

The plan in mind is trying to get more people to buy tickets online I'd say, but if you're aiming for that should leave the prices as they are but offer a discount to buy online not charge folk extra for the A games because they didn't buy online.

They'll know if we draw Waterford (who they class as an A game) on a weekday and they struggle to break 700.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So....

Car accidents suck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So....

Car accidents suck.

Ah feck, what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

So....

Car accidents suck.

You ok? Hope you're not injured

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hurting but not massively. Looked away for a split second, didn't notice some red lights had turned, hit a car from behind :/ Wasn't speeding, but the lights are pedestrian ones, are nearly always green, and had slipped my mind as to the fact they were there. Completely my own fault. Sore, but we were all able to drive away. More of a fright than anything serious, though my back, chest and shoulder are all feeling beat up. Already have pain meds for a dodgy hip I have so I'll recover.
    Not looking forward to the financial end of it, mind...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah balls, that sucks. Sorry to hear it, though at least there's no serious injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

As long as you and no one else was too badly hurt that's the main thing.rest for the day and worry about the rest tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hurting but not massively. Looked away for a split second, didn't notice some red lights had turned, hit a car from behind :/ Wasn't speeding, but the lights are pedestrian ones, are nearly always green, and had slipped my mind as to the fact they were there. Completely my own fault. Sore, but we were all able to drive away. More of a fright than anything serious, though my back, chest and shoulder are all feeling beat up. Already have pain meds for a dodgy hip I have so I'll recover.
    Not looking forward to the financial end of it, mind...

Get checked out by a doctor, take care

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Get better soon man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going to my last concert of the year next Saturday

Queen with Adam Lambert (he's some US American idol guy). Videos on YouTube look quite good and who doesn't love Queen. Going to enjoy a few drinks before hand watching the rugby

Amazing year of concerts for me (will do up list later)

PTH2009 wrote: »

Queen with Adam Lambert (he's some US American idol guy). Videos on YouTube look quite good and who doesn't love Queen. Going to enjoy a few drinks before hand watching the rugby

Enjoy, Adam Lambert should have won AI, one of best contestants ever on that show or any singing reality show ever

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Enjoy, Adam Lambert should have won AI, one of best contestants ever on that show or any singing reality show ever

Better than the legendary Steve Brookstein? Surely not :pac::pac::pac:

Necrominus wrote: »
    Better than the legendary Steve Brookstein? Surely not :pac::pac::pac:

how could he just walk away, just leave without a trace ........................
    so take a look at him now, there's just an empty space .................. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Have you ever seen the guy that sings for the Official Queen Cover Band? He's amazing. I quite enjoyed Paul Rodger's run with Queen too.. He didn't try to do a karaoke of Freddie, put his own spin on the songs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

how could he just walk away, just leave without a trace ........................
    so take a look at him now, there's just an empty space .................. :P

gallery-uktv-xfactor-steve-brookstein-07.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Glad you're ok tsc, I'd take Liz's advice and get checked over by a doctor though.

There's a video on youtube called Kids React to Queen (can't link to it, still at work) and I thought it was really cool how many of them were able to sing along considering Freddie Mercury 26 years ago this week.

I'd say Lambert is doing quite well considering he didn't win AI

A lot of people are saying queen and esp Brian May have sold out a bit and going down the pop/Simon Cowell/X factor etc route. A lot of fans have said they should of hired the guy from the offical tribute band.

my gigs for 2017 we're
    Jan- Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed
    Jan- Black Sabbath
    May- Iron Maiden
    June- Aerosmith
    June- Guns N Roses (London)
    July- U2
    Oct- Metallica (Glasgow)
    Nov- Queen and Adam Lambert

awesome list and it's a great but expensive hobby

2018 so far is Tears for fears, Foo Fighters in Manchester and Billy Joel. hopefully I'll add more

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Queen should've ended when Paul Rodgers split in 2009.

Far as I'm concerned, Freddie & Paul are the only Queen vocalists that should be acknowledged. F*** Adam Lambert.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Queen should've ended when Paul Rodgers split in 2009.

Far as I'm concerned, Freddie & Paul are the only Queen vocalists that should be acknowledged. F*** Adam Lambert.

possibly that's why it's always billed as Queen+ Adam Lambert ???. it was billed as Queen+ Paul Rodgers in the past. Queen itself will always be remebered and is Brian May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon (retired) and Freddy (RIP)

hope the movie coming out next Xmas will do the legacy justice.

• Advertisement

Queen + Paul Rodgers I can understand, they've put in the miles over their careers.

What's Lambert achieved, a 2nd place finish on American Idol, to me anyways he's a stain on the Queen legacy.

Queen + Paul Rodgers I can understand, they've put in the miles over their careers.

What's Lambert achieved, a 2nd place finish on American Idol, to me anyways he's a stain on the Queen legacy.

modern day music politics may of got Lamebrt the gig ???. he did sing a lot of queen on AI and Brian May is great associates with British talent show higher ups !!!. He might get another generation into Queen music. honestly I would not of heard of him if he didn't join Queen

Well if Adam Lambert is anyone's way into Queen's music/back catalogue, then I'd be avoiding them like the plague.

Granted I don't follow football that closely, but I'm really surprised at how bad Dortmund have been in the Champions league. Thought Spurs would be hard pressed to get through to the next stage, certainly didn't picture them topping the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Angron wrote:
    Granted I don't follow football that closely, but I'm really surprised at how bad Dortmund have been in the Champions league. Thought Spurs would be hard pressed to get through to the next stage, certainly didn't picture them topping the group.

Well it's not so surprising giving their form in the Bundesliga. Appointed a very ordinary manager who has achieved little outside a Europa League cup run.
    Very poor defence with Kagawa & Goetze starting in a midfield 3 your asking for trouble.

Does being on Glee count for anything :P

Lithium93_ I will try and make you a Glambert/Lambeliever ;)

Does being on Glee count for anything :P

Lithium93_ I will try and make you a Glambert/Lambeliever ;)

check out a few of recent videos performing with Queen

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb361-6knC9kMXg0hMixnAJ9YVhUbsA0f

ERG89 wrote: »
    Well it's not so surprising giving their form in the Bundesliga. Appointed a very ordinary manager who has achieved little outside a Europa League cup run.
    Very poor defence with Kagawa & Goetze starting in a midfield 3 your asking for trouble.
    Yeah, after I posted there I had a look at the Bundesliga. Guess I just remember them playing well a few years ago, then haven't paid enough attention to them since that time.

cheating on Football Manager 2018 and managing Waterford FC but editing the Finance and reputation. I think the transfer balance is E70 million and i have players signed from all over the world including ex and current internationals. Im winning the league by 15 points half way through the season. Go promoted to the Premier Division in 2017 and won the FAI Cup too

Would it work in real life if a suger daddy bought an Irish club and made them into a power house ???. It would prob end up like the Scottish league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

cheating on Football Manager 2018 and managing Waterford FC but editing the Finance and reputation. I think the transfer balance is E70 million and i have players signed from all over the world including ex and current internationals. Im winning the league by 15 points half way through the season. Go promoted to the Premier Division in 2017 and won the FAI Cup too

Would it work in real life if a suger daddy bought an Irish club and made them into a power house ???. It would prob end up like the Scottish league

Could easily happen if said sugar daddy didn't mind losing a **** ton of money. Is this years version of FM any good, haven't bought it since FM 15?

Advertisement