Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could easily happen if said sugar daddy didn't mind losing a **** ton of money. Is this years version of FM any good, haven't bought it since FM 15?

its ok, i only bought the touch version. The 3D match engine has improved

Id love if they improved the International management in it, its good but can get boring

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

PTH2009 wrote: »
    cheating on Football Manager 2018 and managing Waterford FC but editing the Finance and reputation. I think the transfer balance is E70 million and i have players signed from all over the world including ex and current internationals. Im winning the league by 15 points half way through the season. Go promoted to the Premier Division in 2017 and won the FAI Cup too

Would it work in real life if a suger daddy bought an Irish club and made them into a power house ???. It would prob end up like the Scottish league

Red Bull Salzberg will give you the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Would it work in real life if a suger daddy bought an Irish club and made them into a power house ???. It would prob end up like the Scottish league

Strong rumours going round that the US investment company that own 25% of Bournemouth are looking to takeover Dundalk so it's possible we see this scenario play out.

As a Dundalk fan it makes me nervous as its high risk high reward. The reward being the possibility of a new stadium (or at least modernisation of the kip that is Oriel Park) and consistently challenging for European qualification. The risk being if they withdraw funds because they realise qualifying for Europe is harder than they thought then the club's very existence could be at risk (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does being on Glee count for anything :P

Lithium93_ I will try and make you a Glambert/Lambeliever ;)

Nope.

Better have tried, and better have failed, but I won't budge on my opinion regarding Queen.

And November 17th has come and gone, and no new Eminem album yet, rumored now to be coming out December 8th

http://www.rap-up.com/2017/11/22/eminem-to-drop-revival-in-december/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And November 17th has come and gone, and no new Eminem album yet, rumored now to be coming out December 8th

http://www.rap-up.com/2017/11/22/eminem-to-drop-revival-in-december/

I wonder is Eminem one of the other possible names for Croke Park next year

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its up on ProWrestlingTees now. Getting one for Xmas :P

He also fought at ROH last night.

https://twitter.com/blowcastle/status/931772731175178240?s=17

He's also now got a Vigilante Club hoody...

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wrestler-t-shirts/stephenamell/vigilante-club-hoodie.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's really sad seeing the state of Scottish football. Team that walked the league last year getting battered regularly in Europe. No true competition at home, no hope abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Angron wrote: »
    It's really sad seeing the state of Scottish football. Team that walked the league last year getting battered regularly in Europe. No true competition at home, no hope abroad.

I wasn't even born when a non-Glasgow team last won the SPL in 1985. That's a good pub quiz question btw. For a bonus point, can you name their manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Omackeral wrote: »
    Angron wrote: »

I wasn't even born when a non-Glasgow team last won the SPL in 1985. That's a good pub quiz question btw. For a bonus point, can you name their manager?
    Ferguson

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For some reason I was convinced it was Kilmarnock, turned out they haven't won it since the 60s :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Whatever about a united Irish national team, I'd love to see a United Irish league. It would add some decent teams to the mix and make Division One somewhat decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whatever about a united Irish national team, I'd love to see a United Irish league. It would add some decent teams to the mix and make Division One somewhat decent.

Ive often heard this said but I don't really think it works. The Setanta Cup wasn't ground breaking crowd wise and that's the top teams against the top teams. I can't imagine Dungannon Swifts vs Bray Wanderers doing magic gates tbh.

Ive often heard this said but I don't really think it works. The Setanta Cup wasn't ground breaking crowd wise and that's the top teams against the top teams. I can't imagine Dungannon Swifts vs Bray Wanderers doing magic gates tbh.
    Yeah that's true, I'd just like more decent teams in the League to be honest. I'd imagine Kerry will one in the future although my brother recently stated that he feels Killarney Celtic will be in the League of Ireland before Kerry.

Also, it's Christmas day here in College and the only lecture I have today was called off last night so I'm trying to wrap up an essay and study for an exam tomorrow morning so I can go out :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Kerry District League have teams in the U19s, U17s and U15s, with the U13s coming in 2019 hopefully the next step for them would be looking at a senior team in the next 4 years. Only other team in Kerry that has shown an interest were Dynamos, can't see them making a move to enter the league as long as the KDL are involved in the underage leagues.

The Mayo Football League brought out their own strategic plan in 2016 that aimed to have a Mayo representative team competing in the National Under-17 league in 2017 and then having a team compete in the National U-19 league come 2019. The 17s team didn't happen but they took part in the truncated 15s season and hopefully take part again in 2018 so hopefully along with Kerry we see a Mayo team in the league.

http://www.the42.ie/john-delaney-mayo-league-of-ireland-team-2569845-Jan2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone source any good bargains today?

Nah, haven't really been looking too much though.

Defend Indy Wrestling beanie, keychain, wristband and pin (only wanted the keychain but could only buy as a pack with the wristband and pin) and a Villain Club T-Shirt, Whoop Whoop!
    All very spontaneous.

Not a black friday deal but had to buy it

https://www.qwertee.com/product/welcome-to-the-party-pal

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

had nothing to buy got nothing

anyone else sick of seeing the words Black Friday everywhere ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Its over now at least. Cyber Monday up next

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As an Amazon seller, NOPE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Got the 3 seasons of Millennium for €9 that's all that caught my eyes been honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone source any good bargains today?

This G403 gaming mouse is pretty sharp (it's 2 quid more expensive now than yesterday but still a great deal) £41.30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KT8D7FM/ref=s9u_cartx_gw_i1

Also got a Logitech C920 HD Pro USB 1080p Webcam for £29, it's up to £50 now but it's usually £60ish, it's the one all the streamers bang on about!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006A2Q81M

Also got a 4K60pro capture card (no discount) but they bloody sent an email saying there was a problem sending it out BOOOO!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076PM27K4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was told last night that colleges nowadays are sending paramedics out on official student events to accompany the students. Is this true? Sounds nuts but then you think about it from a legal perspective and it’s not so ridiculous.

Pentecost wrote: »
    I was told last night that colleges nowadays are sending paramedics out on official student events to accompany the students. Is this true? Sounds nuts but then you think about it from a legal perspective and it’s not so ridiculous.

I've seen a few ambulances on the NUIG campus when there have been events on going, so it's true, it's damn true (sorry) for NUIG at least, not entirely sure about colleges around the country.

That’d be a pain in the ass of a job for the paramedics tbh.

Pentecost wrote: »

Might be civil defence. You would normally see them at events large enough to justify medical assistance on sight.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Might be civil defence. You would normally see them at events large enough to justify medical assistance on sight.

Don’t think so. The chap who told me was saying the paramedics had to accompany students to pubs and clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Anyone have experience with Amazon lightning deals? I'm just after ordering a neon Nintendo Switch bundle with Mario Rabbids & Super Mario Odyssey for £300 and wondering if I'll definitely get it or should I prepare myself for a 'no stock available email'. I added it to my basket, it said 100% claimed & I had 15 minutes to put through my order which I did and got an order number so hopeful that I have it.

Advertisement