Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone have experience with Amazon lightning deals? I'm just after ordering a neon Nintendo Switch bundle with Mario Rabbids & Super Mario Odyssey for £300 and wondering if I'll definitely get it or should I prepare myself for a 'no stock available email'. I added it to my basket, it said 100% claimed & I had 15 minutes to put through my order which I did and got an order number so hopeful that I have it.

I think if you got an order number, you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah the percentage counts all who have it in the basket. Which is why the percentage sometimes goes down again when people decide they don't want it after all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Oh cool, I had been tempted by a deal early friday morning but decided to sleep on it then it was gone. Saw the countdown in my basket this morning and could fully relate to this

6542645810853f7e3205ca6a17732f51.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone have any tips on how to reply to the question " what is your salary expectations" when in an interview or before you get that to phase. Im currently applying for jobs and for me its always the question that knocks me . Im afraid that i have gone too high or too low then also say its negotiable etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone have experience with Amazon lightning deals? I'm just after ordering a neon Nintendo Switch bundle with Mario Rabbids & Super Mario Odyssey for £300 and wondering if I'll definitely get it or should I prepare myself for a 'no stock available email'. I added it to my basket, it said 100% claimed & I had 15 minutes to put through my order which I did and got an order number so hopeful that I have it.

Man, I paid £330 for the normal Switch with SMO last week, so that looks a great deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Anyone have any tips on how to reply to the question " what is your salary expectations" when in an interview or before you get that to phase. Im currently applying for jobs and for me its always the question that knocks me . Im afraid that i have gone too high or too low then also say its negotiable etc

It’s tricky but don’t sell yourself short. Err a little on the high side, try and find out what similar jobs pay. If they like you they’ll make an offer and you can negotiate then if you want the job. Bear in mind that they’ll probably have an idea what you’re on at the moment so if you ask for double that it will probably work against you.

Alternatively ask the interviewer how much they’re on and tell them you want more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Ask higher than you think but say you're open to negotiation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

No experience in those type of questions but if you're currently in employment then I'd be looking for an increase at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I knw WWE sometimes send talent scouts to Rugby Championships around the world to see can they find potential stars but what current WWE superstars could make it in Rugby ?

I imagine Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Big Show ,Cass and Cillian Dane could be handy players for there size

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Me when reading and re-reading that post...

812%20-%20john_cena%20macro%20wtf_am_i_looking_at%20wwe.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I knw WWE sometimes send talent scouts to Rugby Championships around the world to see can they find potential stars but what current WWE superstars could make it in Rugby ?

I imagine Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Big Show ,Cass and Cillian Dane could be handy players for there size

I'm not sure any of them would make it if we're talking about the top level of the sport. If we're talking about getting through a reasonably high level game, Cesaro played rugby so I'm sure he would be able to get through one without disgracing himself.

Reigns I would think would do well too if he had the time to train and learn the rules. He he has an American football background, has good size and is a good athlete. The Usos I would say as well for similar reasons.

I think most of the big guys would gas very quickly after about ten minutes: Strowman, Cass, Wyatt. It would need to be guys that are well conditioned, have some sporting background, and would have to be mentally prepared for the big hits they would take.

I do love the idea though of Enzo getting smashed by Sean O'Brien.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I do love the idea though of Enzo getting smashed by Sean O'Brien.

I'd pay to see that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Uso's at Rugby 7's.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

it's like when that Vince buying Newcastle rumour came up, im now imagining the starting 15 of WWERugby. Enzo scream half almost murduring outhalf Balor with every pall he passes him so no.8 Reigns just carriers all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

Angron wrote: »
    I'd pay to see that one.

Enzo would be the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

close too death with this bloody hangover

Drink too more.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hair of the dog, you'll be fine :P

I drank too too many too when I went too the pub.

2 mani grammer naziz a round 2day lol haha

• Advertisement

2 mani grammer naziz a round 2day lol haha

There's just the too of us though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Punk reading the last page...

cm-punk.gif

Definitely a few on boards that should give this a watch.

Punk reading the last page...

cm-punk.gif

This is a tool who even a fold up chair can beat in the UFC these days.

This is a tool who even a fold up chair can beat in the UFC these days.

A twol?

I'd love to see Punk back. UFC isn't what he's made for at all.

In other news - is it too early to stick up the aul Xmas tree? Considering putting it up at some stage this week. Putting it up is grand, it's the taking it down is the part I dread

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    In other news - is it too early to stick up the aul Xmas tree? Considering putting it up at some stage this week. Putting it up is grand, it's the taking it down is the part I dread

Nope it's December go nuts! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We used to wait till the 8th or so, but everyone else had them up last week so we've got ours up now too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Iis it too early to stick up the aul Xmas tree? Considering putting it up at some stage this week. Putting it up is grand, it's the taking it down is the part I dread

I put mine up today! My neighbours had theirs up for about a week or so already. When December hits it's definitely all gravy. Takes forever to set up so you'd wanna get good value out of it!

I've seen on t'internet people clingfilm wrapping their trees (fully made up) and storing that until next year. Anyone tried it/how'd it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

jaykhunter wrote: »

I've seen on t'internet people clingfilm wrapping their trees (fully made up) and storing that until next year. Anyone tried it/how'd it go?

I'll let you know in three hours :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I'll let you know in three hours :-)

That was 5 hours ago. Can we guess not good? :)

Advertisement