Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Sitting in dublin airport due to fly into manchester for the mat h apparently heavy snow, hopefully will be cleared by kickoff!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just drove home from work in said snow. Would have been grand but for all the other idiots doing 30km/h or less on National Roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,466 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

snowing a bit in Waterford now

oh how I hate stupid Facebook status about it, worse than the 'Hangover.com' type ones lol

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Omackeral wrote: »
    Oh flip, you meant snow? Eh, none here.

8 inches of what so there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

About 2 inches here in Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Patiently waiting for another Limerick FC signing.

Confident we'll go down at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Patiently waiting for another Limerick FC signing like...
    giphy.webp

Despite somehow being second favourites for promotion, I know the feeling a bit.

Angron wrote: »
    Despite somehow being second favourites for promotion, I know the feeling a bit.
    Longford Town yeah?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Longford Town yeah?

Yeah. Last season was fairly dire for us, we'll need to play a lot better to have a chance of promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Patiently waiting for another Limerick FC signing.

Going by Foot.ie, the Limerick section seems to be missing at the moment but there's deals agreed with new players but nothing finalised yet. Cant see any of the players from last season who haven't signed back up or confirmed as released signing back imo.

• Advertisement

Going by Foot.ie, the Limerick section seems to be missing at the moment but there's deals agreed with new players but nothing finalised yet. Cant see any of the players from last season who haven't signed back up or confirmed as released signing back imo.
    Saw that, was wondering where it went.

Heard from a friend of a friend that they were on about Joe Crowe again and were looking for a left back from Norwich.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Delightful!

didn't realize the Beatles had so many good songs. A medley of their songs just came on RTE gold just there

my fav era of music is 80s and 90s but there are some classics before and after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

PTH2009 wrote: »
    didn't realize the Beatles had so many good songs. A medley of their songs just came on RTE gold just there

my fav era of music is 80s and 90s but there are some classics before and after that

I bet they have songs you didn't even know were their's originally. That's what happened me when I first listen to them.
    Their music is timeless

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And modern day production owes a lot of debt to The Beatles.

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I bet they have songs you didn't even know were their's originally. That's what happened me when I first listen to them.
    Their music is timeless

yeah the same with a lot of other artists too

I was amazed that Fleetwood Mac and Aerosmith wrote so many Hits that I thought were from other bands.

Bruce Springsteen and Neil Diamond sepretly wrote songs that other artists made hits

music is a funny thing

Definitely prefer it to Walk On Water.

Just checked, can't believe that Malaysian Airlines plane is still missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,708 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disney has just bought Sky with it's takeover of Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Holy evil future-corp that's a big acquisition. They now own the Simpsons!

• Advertisement

So Eminem's REVIVAL leaked online last night, 2 days ahead of it's official release date.

jaykhunter wrote: »

Fecking hell, hadn't thought of that. Time for a Simpsons ride at Disneyland.

this guys owns it all now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Angron wrote: »
    Fecking hell, hadn't thought of that. Time for a Simpsons ride at Disneyland.

Universal Studios in an awkward spot now too I guess :pac:

Disney acquire 39% of sky with this too.

Also they now own Hulu. I expect Hulu to become a real competitor to Netflix in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jaykhunter wrote: »

Delete the last 20 (too far??) seasons and don't make new ones please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Presumably this means that the Fantastic Four and X-Men are back in the hands of Disney/Marvel as well?

This seems very relevant right now...

xmas has offically started the PDC world darts championship kicks off tonight on Sky Sports Darts, final is on New years day. Last tournament for Phil The power Taylor. Hard to pick a winner but i think RVB will win it but his form along with all players this year have been hit and miss

As i work retail i dont get block holidays off for the xmas period but what 7-8 days i have off over the next 3 weeks ill enjoy. Hate NYE with a passion so prob stay in and get drunk lol

xmas has offically started the PDC world darts championship kicks off tonight on Sky Sports Darts, final is on New years day. Last tournament for Phil The power Taylor. Hard to pick a winner but i think RVB will win it but his form along with all players this year have been hit and miss

Calling it now, Michael Van Gerwen will win the PDC World Darts Championship. It'll be sad to see Taylor call it a day, but without him and a few others, darts as a sports would be totally different.

• Advertisement

As i work retail i dont get block holidays off for the xmas period but what 7-8 days i have off over the next 3 weeks ill enjoy. Hate NYE with a passion so prob stay in and get drunk lol
    Not so hard to pick a winner for me.

If Van Gerwen plays at 90% of his best he wins.

Anderson 2nd best

The rest a mile back!

Advertisement