Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Would love to see Phil win and go out on top of the pile! Love him or loath him he’s been the the best for a very very long time and helped darts become as big as it is today

• Registered Users Posts: 60,708 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Virtanen wrote: »
    Presumably this means that the Fantastic Four and X-Men are back in the hands of Disney/Marvel as well?

This seems very relevant right now...

Not totally yet another company still has their claws into the FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Virtanen wrote: »
    Presumably this means that the Fantastic Four and X-Men are back in the hands of Disney/Marvel as well?

Xmen, yes. F4, no. Seems Fox were licensing them from someone else. But now they have to reveal that the X Gene is active in the MCU and just want noticed before now.
    And after Marvel going to the bother of retconning characters to remove their mutant origins

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Xmen, yes. F4, no. Seems Fox were licensing them from someone else. But now they have to reveal that the X Gene is active in the MCU and just want noticed before now.
    And after Marvel going to the bother of retconning characters to remove their mutant origins

Thanos could active that with his attack using some sort of weapon.

Sorted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm more excited for Deadpool being a part of the Marvel universe now too :P

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm more excited for Deadpool being a part of the Marvel universe now too :P

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/941323404417802241

Thanos could active that with his attack using some sort of weapon.

Sorted.

Which spreads through time to give us older mutants like Magneto and Xavier

• Registered Users Posts: 38,466 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Which spreads through time to give us older mutants like Magneto and Xavier

https://youtu.be/_Df22GgFW4g

this theory does it well and says Prof X whipped mutantkind from people memories ?

Looks like F4 is included in the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Christmas came early for me today. Got my hands on a Super Nintendo Classic at long last having pre-ordered it back in the summer! I was losing hope I'd get it before the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Awesome! What game did u boot up first?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Awesome! What game did u boot up first?

I went with Street Fighter II Turbo which I had to go for because when I had the original console that was one of the handful of games I had. Turns out I'm very rusty now though at remembering the moves. I thought it would all come back to me but I was wrong!

I've only played a few games so far. I tried Super Punch Out which I never played before and got past the first boxer but then got beat by the next guy who looks like a fat Zangief.

Most of my time has been spent on Super Mario World which surprises me because I'm sure I've played this on one of the handheld remakes many years back but it has sucked me back in again. This must be one of the top five games ever made. Ridiculously entertaining even today.

One of the games I'm looking forward to playing is Final Fantasy III. I played the games VII through X and was a huge fan. Then I played X-2 and never bought another one since. I guess it badly put me off. I never played any before VII though which is a pity because I've heard VI is meant to be excellent.

Overall it's great value for the price. I don't know if kids or anyone born in the late nineties would enjoy it as much as I do though.

I went with Street Fighter II Turbo which I had to go for because when I had the original console that was one of the handful of games I had. Turns out I'm very rusty now though at remembering the moves. I thought it would all come back to me but I was wrong!

I've only played a few games so far. I tried Super Punch Out which I never played before and got past the first boxer but then got beat by the next guy who looks like a fat Zangief.

Most of my time has been spent on Super Mario World which surprises me because I'm sure I've played this on one of the handheld remakes many years back but it has sucked me back in again. This must be one of the top five games ever made. Ridiculously entertaining even today.

One of the games I'm looking forward to playing is Final Fantasy III. I played the games VII through X and was a huge fan. Then I played X-2 and never bought another one since. I guess it badly put me off. I never played any before VII though which is a pity because I've heard VI is meant to be excellent.

Overall it's great value for the price. I don't know if kids or anyone born in the late nineties would enjoy it as much as I do though.
    How much is it?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How much is it?

90 overall. I paid 50 when I pre-ordered it and was asked for another forty when I was called in to collect it.

90 overall. I paid 50 when I pre-ordered it and was asked for another forty when I was called in to collect it.

With all the Games? Where’d you get it?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    With all the Games? Where’d you get it?

I got it at GameStop. I was told by them last month that they were getting in only a handful of units a week and there was a huge waiting list. I thought that meant my earliest chance of it was in January.

Yeah all the games are on it pre-installed ready to go from the off. It says on the box 20 + 1 which I believe is a reference to Starfox 2 which is a never before released game that is also on it. I've never played a Starfox game so that wasn't a big deal to me but I guess it's a nice addition. A lot of classics on it: Zelda : A Link to the Past, Super Mario World 1 and 2, Street Fighter II, Mario Kart (graphics are much worse than I remembered for this but it's still fun), Donkey Kong, Kirby, and some other stuff.

There's no more putting carts in the slot which is nice. One potential downside is it doesn't come with an adapter attached which may be an issue for old TVs, but I think most people have adapters lying around.

It can be powered by tv USB slot, apparently. Got mine at release and haven't opened yet. :o And there is a way to add more games if you look around.
    There were 10 in stock in Smyths near me yesterday, accoring to online stock check. Now all Smyths are sold out except Galway.

On a quick side note, I found out yesterday that Hanson have released a Christmas album.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nollaig Shona Dhuit

• Registered Users Posts: 38,466 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

happy Xmas to all on the PW forum

want to go out but only finished work at 7pm and having a drink at home watching the darts now. I knw town is going to be mad. working til Xmas day and then back Stephens day up til the 28th joys of working retail but hey I'll get a bit of € for it .

turn 28 on Weds 27th Dec, still a lot of life in this old dog

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    happy Xmas to all on the PW forum

want to go out but only finished work at 7pm and having a drink at home watching the darts now. I knw town is going to be mad. working til Xmas day and then back Stephens day up til the 28th joys of working retail but hey I'll get a bit of € for it .

turn 28 on Weds 27th Dec, still a lot of life in this old dog

Have a good Christmas and birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Would like to wish everyone on the PW forum a very happy and peaceful Christmas. Hopefully Santa is good to ye all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yep Merry Christmas PW Folks, hope you have a good one. I on the other hand will be working the next 2 days, sometimes dressed as Santa :D

Merry Christmas to you all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm full of Christmas cheer :pac:

Edit: blast, foiled by image size limits. Got one of the Pete Dunne christmas t-shirts, he's a grinch on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Happy Christmas to one and all!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gerrybbadd wrote:
    Happy Christmas to one and all!

And to all a good....

Oh. Wait. It's the middle of the day :P

Happy Christmas folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sriracha sauce is one of the greatest culinary inventions ever.
    Extremely delicious and very versatile, it goes well with everything.

I've also discovered it works well as a toddler deterrent, when they come to the table side giving it "have some Daddy". One bite is enough to send them scurrying

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nollaig Shona Dhuit

Dhaoibh for groups of people, Dhuit for a single :p

Sorry for pedantic :pac: sometimes being fluent in Irish is a pain in the...

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Happy christmas to all you fine pw folk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Christmas is a work

Advertisement