Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea such a great band and have some great tunes , Missed out on the tickets for the gig last year (but i think they were cancelled due to Dolores hurting her back)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

As it says spoilers so if you haven't seen the show don't watch it but this made me laugh

I marked hard during Black Museum and realising Karl Pilkington had pitched that very storyline! And to think Steve and Ricky poo-poo'd it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Turns out the FAI Junior Cup Final is on the day after my college exams end. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

So the sale of Dundalk FC is finally confirmed. Excited for the future but very wary of the whole thing; making a profit is Peak6's business but doing so within the League of Ireland is easier said than done. Looking forward to hearing what the plans are regarding the stadium though

So the sale of Dundalk FC is finally confirmed. Excited for the future but very wary of the whole thing; making a profit is Peak6's business but doing so within the League of Ireland is easier said than done. Looking forward to hearing what the plans are regarding the stadium though
    There's not a whole pile of profits to very made from a League of Ireland club, I'd imagine they'll have to rattle Europe fairly regularly to do so.
    A new grounds is definitely needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Really looking forward to UFC 220's main event tonight - Ngannou vs Miocic for the Heavyweight Title. The KO to Overeem by Ngannou was one of the sickest I've seen. Man has some scary power. The fight may not last very long but it should be gripping. Anyone else gonna watch?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Really looking forward to UFC 220's main event tonight - Ngannou vs Miocic for the Heavyweight Title. The KO to Overeem by Ngannou was one of the sickest I've seen. Man has some scary power. The fight may not last very long but it should be gripping. Anyone else gonna watch?

Yep, I've loaded up with beer and treats and have settled in for the night. It's a decent card tbf. Be interesting to see the Cormier fight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^ Can't see that fight going beyond the first round Ngannou to wrap it up very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I gonna try my best to stay awake for it! Im curious to see how DC bounces back from the last Jon Jones fight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Turns out the FAI Junior Cup Final is on the day after my college exams end. Excellent.

Will you be playing in it?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Will you be playing in it?
    I wish, I'll be a spectator!
    Only one Limerick team left in it at the last 16 stage but even if they don't make it I'll still go, love Junior Soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Speaking of football, Bohs vs Rovers to open the season in a couple of weeks (Feb 16th 7:45pm @Dalymount) Likely to be a rare sell-out. If you haven't seen a game in the flesh, this is the one to catch. Savage atmosphere.

Check out this amazing mini documentary by Copa90. They do a series where they travel the globe covering the world's biggest games and fiercest derbies and came here and made this excellent 10minute film. Check out the buzz in the crowd and consider getting on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone know if I can lodge money from an bank of Ireland ATM to a AIB account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

No, in short. You’d have to do a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

decided to watch the American football on sky. watched as handful of games in the past, too many stoppages for my liking. I do love the superbowl though. Don't think I'd watch American football week in week out

delighted with Munster getting the bp win and going up against powerhouses Toulon in the QF on Easter weekend. Leinster also got a tough QF draw vs champions Saracens

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I find NFL is great to watch in a social setting where you can talk, eat abd drink during the breaks but on your own it becomes tough rather quickly. Too much downtime to keep your interest.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Speaking of football, Bohs vs Rovers to open the season in a couple of weeks (Feb 16th 7:45pm @Dalymount) Likely to be a rare sell-out. If you haven't seen a game in the flesh, this is the one to catch. Savage atmosphere.

Check out this amazing mini documentary by Copa90. They do a series where they travel the globe covering the world's biggest games and fiercest derbies and came here and made this excellent 10minute film. Check out the buzz in the crowd and consider getting on board]
    That'll be a cracker, a game I'd love to see sometime.

Hoping to get to a nice few Limerick away games, the one I really, really want to go to is Richmond Park. When MNS started (2008?) I immediately formed a soft spot for Pat's as Limerick were in the First Division and therefore weren't shown on the show and Keith Fahey was en fuego at the time. Would like to get to the RSC too although Waterford is a long slog of a journey.

Follow any Junior Soccer or Leinster Senior League Omack?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hoping to get to a nice few Limerick away games, the one I really, really want to go to is Richmond Park. When MNS started (2008?) I immediately formed a soft spot for Pat's as Limerick were in the First Division and therefore weren't shown on the show and Keith Fahey was en fuego at the time. Would like to get to the RSC too although Waterford is a long slog of a journey.

Bohs vs Rovers is the game. We get stags and groundhoppers and daytrippers for that one religiously. Chaps from England come over and say it beats their local Prem team for atmosphere and everything. Then you have all the mad accents from across Europe and even beyond. It's great.

I live only a stone's throw, literally 5 minutes, from Richmond Park so I go to see Pats the odd time Bohs are idle or playing on a Saturday. I also go to see them in Europe. It's a real old school LOI ground, not counting the new stand. Still has a two terraces, one of which is a famed Shed-End and it's tucked behind a row of houses, you wouldn't know it's there if you weren't looking for it.

My only exposure to Junior Soccer or LSL in the flesh would be via the FAI Cup, although I played for St Mochta's as a kid. Always find it interesting to see past LOI players togging out for the likes of Bluebell and Sheriff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

Has Omackeral says If you can get to Dublin at all Richmond is really easy to get to. Old School ground with a very good atmosphere and we're not a bad bunch of people at all :D. Can't wait for the 16th of Feb. Cork is a toughie to start with but I'm hopefully for a better season than last year.

I wish, I'll be a spectator!
    Only one Limerick team left in it at the last 16 stage but even if they don't make it I'll still go, love Junior Soccer.

You mean Senior Soccer That mascarades as junior is it? :D

• Advertisement

Come to the cross on a Friday night! You won’t get a better stadium in LOI and the atmosphere is great! Few pints after then can’t go wrong

You mean Senior Soccer That mascarades as junior is it? :D
    Junior Soccer is king in Limerick and probably hinders Senior soccer sadly.
    Come to the cross on a Friday night! You won’t get a better stadium in LOI and the atmosphere is great! Few pints after then can’t go wrong
    Went to the cross on June 16 of last year with Limerick and I won't lie, all the atmosphere was created by the Limerick fans despite losing 4-1. I was actually taken aback by how quiet the Cork fans were.

I'd probably go again but there were a few things that I didn't like - Poor toilet facilities for women, poor PA system around the grounds and a little nitpick, the jaded corner flags!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I find NFL is great to watch in a social setting where you can talk, eat abd drink during the breaks but on your own it becomes tough rather quickly. Too much downtime to keep your interest.

I think it's grand on Sky cos they go to the studio during stoppages, show replays and discuss the game. Stoppages also don't feel too long then. I've streamed a couple games from American channels this year and don't know how they put up with all the ads. NFL Red Zone is a great option during regular season, from 6pm to 1am there's literally zero ad breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Yeah I thought it was interesting when i first saw games on sky and Channel 4 that they would cut back to the studio. At least you'd be learning something. But there's just too much, it starts feeling like a commitment rather than just a way to chill out after a while. I must say i do enjoy the NFL Show that BBC do when i catch it. Im a 9-5 Monday - Friday head these days so staying up all night to catch a game isnt really doable anymore for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

They often say that is why the Americans never took to Football. They found it impossible to tune in for 90 minutes straight.

I used to love going to the Baseball whilst I was over there. It was a bit of a night out. You'd have a few beers talk crap with your mates and you'd never to be too immersed by the action on field.

wish they would bring back the old fanta orange

the new taste is not as good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wish they would bring back the old fanta orange

the new taste is not as good

is-this-just-fanta-sea.jpg

how's everyone's diets/work out plans going ??

mines going ok but I'm eating at wrong times of the day due to work etc but I'm sticking to a few things like doing 60 body squats and 100 push ups each morning and doing weights 3 times a week

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    how's everyone's diets/work out plans going ??

mines going ok but I'm eating at wrong times of the day due to work etc but I'm sticking to a few things like doing 60 body squats and 100 push ups each morning and doing weights 3 times a week

Been up the walls in work in the last two weeks so I badly went off course food wise and exercise wise.

Work has been calming down now though, so I'm back at it tonight, going to head out for a walk to get my steps in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Been up the walls in work myself food hasn't been that bad some bad moments but mostly good but exercising has been non existent the last 2 weeks. so hard to get that motivation after working late hours to do it

Advertisement