Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    how's everyone's diets/work out plans going ??

mines going ok but I'm eating at wrong times of the day due to work etc but I'm sticking to a few things like doing 60 body squats and 100 push ups each morning and doing weights 3 times a week

Mine started off ok for the first week when i cut out fizzy drinks for the majority of the week but over the last week or so it hasnt been good ha. Im hoping now once i start he new job on Monday ill be able to get back into a proper routine .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've dropped 6 more pounds since Xmas, and the 38 pants that were just about comfortable back then are now starting to show signs of being a bit too loose. Ordered some L shirts the other day and thrilled they fit me now; I've been a XXL for so many years. Downside is, I had to go through my wardrobe a few days ago and be a bit brutal; I've a tonne of shirts and pants that look utterly ridiculous on me now. Some of them were like dresses, down to my knees. I bought three pairs of 42 jeans in America last summer, and barely wore them, but they are just useless now. Had a suit, a really nice one from America too, and I look like a kid playing dress up after raiding Daddy's wardrobe. SVDP getting a shipment of some really nice stuff tomorrow :P

Started doing a dumbell routine two weeks ago. Not seen massive progress yet. It's only a beginner's one, three days a week, but I'm curious to see if it helps with my chest and belly, the two places I really feel are slow to show improvement. I can see myself upgrading my home equipment though; I'm in the routiune now of going up and doing something for 45 minutes every second day, so its just a case of adjusting what that 45 minutes is. I'm also aware that to see actual gains, I'd have to further alter my diet, and start looking at protein thingys, which I don't want to do just yet for fear of damaging my weight losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm in the middle of turning my spare room into a gym ATM. There's also a Sega Megadrive in there but that's for after work outs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I wish, I'll be a spectator!
    Only one Limerick team left in it at the last 16 stage but hopefully they don't make it but I'll still go, love Junior Soccer.

Fixed that for you, Pike Rovers are scum of the earth. Hoping Newmarket Celtic make it, ex Limerick captain Paddy Purcell is playing with them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hehehe... no fitness improvement for Necro. I could do with it, but I'm too damn lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

as regards working out i have a few stuff coming up (NHL, 6 nations and Darts) that will distract me from it as i plan on having a few pints watching the games etc but if i can do a bit in the moring times ill be happy

going to the premier league darts next thursday and staying in the spencer hotel (where wwe stars stay when there here)

good too see its working for a lot of u

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of turning my spare room into a gym ATM. There's also a Sega Megadrive in there but that's for after work outs!

I hate you right now. I had my own gym with olympic lifting gear and all in my old house but had to give it up.

But , you will like lidl on Monday if you want some start off stuff, check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Fixed that for you, Pike Rovers are scum of the earth. Hoping Newmarket Celtic make it, ex Limerick captain Paddy Purcell is playing with them.
    Haha, I'm a neutral so I've no dislike for/allegiance with any club in town per se, although I try and watch Janesboro as much as possible and support them in a sense.
    Stephen McGann is a savage player for Pike though, just checked there and they're favourites with Michael's to win the FAI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Junior Soccer is king in Limerick and probably hinders Senior soccer sadly.

Went to the cross on June 16 of last year with Limerick and I won't lie, all the atmosphere was created by the Limerick fans despite losing 4-1. I was actually taken aback by how quiet the Cork fans were.

I'd probably go again but there were a few things that I didn't like - Poor toilet facilities for women, poor PA system around the grounds and a little nitpick, the jaded corner flags!

If the leagues insisted on the top junior league renamed as senior and made all the top B teams compete junior then that would sort out these junior teams all getting to the last 8 of Ireland constantly when places with senior league teams will never compete

Yup the PA is crap but was told a new one was gone in and the New away toilets are been built as we speak. Never noticed the flags ha ha!! If you were down the St Anne’s (away) stand then the main atmosphere comes from the shed at the other end!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've dropped 6 more pounds since Xmas, and the 38 pants that were just about comfortable back then are now starting to show signs of being a bit too loose. Ordered some L shirts the other day and thrilled they fit me now; I've been a XXL for so many years. Downside is, I had to go through my wardrobe a few days ago and be a bit brutal; I've a tonne of shirts and pants that look utterly ridiculous on me now. Some of them were like dresses, down to my knees. I bought three pairs of 42 jeans in America last summer, and barely wore them, but they are just useless now. Had a suit, a really nice one from America too, and I look like a kid playing dress up after raiding Daddy's wardrobe. SVDP getting a shipment of some really nice stuff tomorrow :P

Started doing a dumbell routine two weeks ago. Not seen massive progress yet. It's only a beginner's one, three days a week, but I'm curious to see if it helps with my chest and belly, the two places I really feel are slow to show improvement. I can see myself upgrading my home equipment though; I'm in the routiune now of going up and doing something for 45 minutes every second day, so its just a case of adjusting what that 45 minutes is. I'm also aware that to see actual gains, I'd have to further alter my diet, and start looking at protein thingys, which I don't want to do just yet for fear of damaging my weight losses.

Well done! Great start!!

What kinda diet you on? Not the extreme one I posted? I’m back on that myself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well done! Great start!!

What kinda diet you on? Not the extreme one I posted? I’m back on that myself

Not yet. Purely just focused on calories in, calories out at the moment. I'm aware I could go more extreme, but that's whats caused me to ditch diets in the past. I gradually just replace things and cut down a little each week. Now its just cutting down portion sizes. Typically means I can still have "nice" stuff, once I stay under the 1600 or so calories for the day. I know I'll need to do more if I want to put on any muscle mass or anything, but so far CICO is working.

Lads anyone know a computer programme to clear app caches on iPhone?
    If the leagues insisted on the top junior league renamed as senior and made all the top B teams compete junior then that would sort out these junior teams all getting to the last 8 of Ireland constantly when places with senior league teams will never compete
    Yeah you're right, I think Junior soccer is too strong in Limerick for Senior soccer to be able to successfully co-exist alongside it, money being the main reason.
    Yup the PA is crap but was told a new one was gone in and the New away toilets are been built as we speak. Never noticed the flags ha ha!! If you were down the St Anne’s (away) stand then the main atmosphere comes from the shed at the other end!
    Good to hear! I don't mean to bash Turner's Cross by the way because it is a lovely grounds and I would return again! It's a proper stadium in the sense that it's all-seated and totally enclosed, something I wish we had in the Market's Field as there's such a gap between the two stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Haha, I'm a neutral so I've no dislike for/allegiance with any club in town per se, although I try and watch Janesboro as much as possible and support them in a sense.
    Stephen McGann is a savage player for Pike though, just checked there and they're favourites with Michael's to win the FAI.

When you've possibly got 3 of the best strikers in the mid West it's hard not to like the Boro as a neutral.

Where you getting the odds, went on to Paddy Power to check and it seems they've taken down both the junior cup and Limerick junior league sections.

When you've possibly got 3 of the best strikers in the mid West it's hard not to like the Boro as a neutral.

Where you getting the odds, went on to Paddy Power to check and it seems they've taken down both the junior cup and Limerick junior league sections.
    You're right the odds are gone down at the moment, think Newmarket Celtic are third or fourth favourites now at 7/1. Brother said he backed them to win it.

Lads anyone know a computer programme to clear app caches on iPhone?

Yeah you're right, I think Junior soccer is too strong in Limerick for Senior soccer to be able to successfully co-exist alongside it, money being the main reason.

Good to hear! I don't mean to bash Turner's Cross by the way because it is a lovely grounds and I would return again! It's a proper stadium in the sense that it's all-seated and totally enclosed, something I wish we had in the Market's Field as there's such a gap between the two stands.

What I mean is the MFA should rename the main junior premier as Senior Premier (and inturn clubs play in the intermediate cup not the FAI junior) then have a junior league where clubs can Put there B teams... no club can enter Junior with out a team playing senior. It would balance things a bit imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Forgive the forthcoming brag ladies and gentlemen but I’m quietly very pleased with myself this evening, had my annual review and got the best review I’ve ever gotten, which results in a bigger rise for me this year. Not a massive rise but still it’s all welcome and hopefully better things to come if I keep going.

This weekend is that GLOURIOUS time of year

Opening weekend of the 6 nations, Ireland travel to France, Wales take on Scotland and on sunday Italy face England

Really think Ireland can go all the way this year but it will be tough and what a paddys day it will be if we can win the GS/Championship over in London. Can see Scotland causing a lot of problems for teams this year they have really improved. Wales and France have a lot of injury worries but on there day can be a match for anyone. Italy an unknown quantity but have some good players and of course England are a top team and could go all the way again quite easily

due to work wont see the French game on Sat but going to the Italy game in Dublin on the 10th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 86,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Monday 19th of March a bank holiday over St. Paddy's Day being Saturday the 17th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Monday 19th of March a bank holiday over St. Paddy's Day being Saturday the 17th?

Yessir, it is

https://www.officeholidays.com/countries/ireland/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just back from cinema visit. So many great looking films out but went for Incidious The Last Key.

Have a real soft spot for the Incidious series. Enjoy them very much but really I wish they could be more subtle with their endings. Every one has been somewhat let down my it’s final 1/3.

It’s probably something that can be accused of most horror films in recent times. The twist or wrap up either makes the movie or gets me rolling my eyes. I’m looking at GET OUT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's Groundhog Day!

And on Rusev Day as well. So we get to relive Rusev day over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:
    This weekend is that GLOURIOUS time of year

Where I ask myself why Rob Kearney & Cian Healy are still starting for Ireland in 2018?

It takes a lot of me to cheer loudly at a sporting moment and when Sextons kick went over my god I lost it lol

Last time I checked the score we were 12-6 up and then after a few mins I checked it and we were 13-12 down and I thought it was over, so thankfully got a stream on my phone and saw the kick and went mental. I had a horrible day and all my emotions came out after it

Looking forward to the Italy game now next Sat, going to my first Ireland game since Nov 2016

Passed my driving test yesterday afternoon, happy days!

Any good Superbowl ads?

Come on Philly Eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

my 5000th post went by and I missed it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

my 5000th post went by and I missed it

Shame, shaaaaame :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very few Superbowl trailers for big budget films this year.

Cheers lads, to keep it somewhat relevant to the board I genuinely listened to Kevin Steen's Final Battle theme with the Saw theme at the beginning. Also treated myself to a pair of Jordan's today which any of you who are on the Limerick Forum might have seen me enquiring about.

JohnnyRyan, what do you think of the last eight of the FAI Junior Cup and Janesboro/Carew from the weekend?

• Advertisement

Very few Superbowl trailers for big budget films this year.
    Full trailer

This is well put together to promote Australia

Now who to do an Irish one :p

Advertisement