Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky Lynch. No better woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Cheers lads, to keep it somewhat relevant to the board I genuinely listened to Kevin Steen's Final Battle theme with the Saw theme at the beginning. Also treated myself to a pair of Jordan's today which any of you who are on the Limerick Forum might have seen me enquiring about.

JohnnyRyan, what do you think of the last eight of the FAI Junior Cup and Janesboro/Carew from the weekend?

What happened at the Janesboro/Carew match because I'm hearing different stories. Did the ref or linesman get a slap but also heard that the Boro manager got knocked out again?

I went out to watch the Newmarket Celtic match, have them backed to win it and they look impressive. They've got a solid defence with ex Limerick keeper Shane Cusack, ex Limerick captain Paddy Purcell and the current Junior international player of the year Stephen Kelly. Eoin Hayes banging in the goals whose also involved in the junior international team and Dundalk haven't offered Jeff McGowan a contract so he should be back playing with them soon.

Should be some good games in the last 8, St Michael's and Pike have the experience of being here before, Newmarket Celtic have made the last 8 twice in the last 3 seasons and have a talented bunch of players and Mervue have Enda Curran playing up front and has 8 goals in 3 games, if they get a home draw could be tough to beat. The last four then also get into the FAI senior cup, Shannon Town still have to play last year's beaten finalists Evergreen but would be great for soccer in Clare if they can get two teams into the last 8 and maybe last 4 but Evergreen are no pushovers.

Did you see that worst keep secret in Limerick soccer was finally confirmed that Lee J Lynch won't be signing back with Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What happened at the Janesboro/Carew match because I'm hearing different stories. Did the ref or linesman get a slap but also heard that the Boro manager got knocked out again?
    'Boro man was running towards goal, Carew man who was already on a yellow pulled him back, lino flagged for it but the referee didn't give a free. Ref spoke to the lino who explained the situation and following that he gave the Carew man his second yellow. Carew man went for the lino, tried to hit him but didn't complete it as such along with sticking a head at him. A big shmozz broke out, Carew man telling the ref he'd kill him, Janesboro manager started getting smart with the Carew player's father which lead to the Carew man's cousin jumping the fence and decking him. That was that then.

You probably know it at this stage but Janesboro got a 3-0 win, Carew Park got a fine and the accused got a year ban apparently. I wasn't at it but that's the account I got from a fairly credible source who was at the game.
    I went out to watch the Newmarket Celtic match, have them backed to win it and they look impressive. They've got a solid defence with ex Limerick keeper Shane Cusack, ex Limerick captain Paddy Purcell and the current Junior international player of the year Stephen Kelly. Eoin Hayes banging in the goals whose also involved in the junior international team and Dundalk haven't offered Jeff McGowan a contract so he should be back playing with them soon.

Should be some good games in the last 8, St Michael's and Pike have the experience of being here before, Newmarket Celtic have made the last 8 twice in the last 3 seasons and have a talented bunch of players and Mervue have Enda Curran playing up front and has 8 goals in 3 games, if they get a home draw could be tough to beat. The last four then also get into the FAI senior cup, Shannon Town still have to play last year's beaten finalists Evergreen but would be great for soccer in Clare if they can get two teams into the last 8 and maybe last 4 but Evergreen are no pushovers.
    You're not the first person to speak highly of them, my brother has them backed too and there's no way both of ye can be wrong! :D On the topic of Junior International Player of the Year, I saw lately that Christopher Higgins of St. Michael's was nominated for that award but I couldn't find the other nominees.
    Did you see that worst keep secret in Limerick soccer was finally confirmed that Lee J Lynch won't be signing back with Limerick.
    Yeah it was fairly obvious it wasn't happening sadly, could we see him with Balla yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

'Boro man was running towards goal, Carew man who was already on a yellow pulled him back, lino flagged for it but the referee didn't give a free. Ref spoke to the lino who explained the situation and following that he gave the Carew man his second yellow. Carew man went for the lino, tried to hit him but didn't complete it as such along with sticking a head at him. A big shmozz broke out, Carew man telling the ref he'd kill him, Janesboro manager started getting smart with the Carew player's father which lead to the Carew man's cousin jumping the fence and decking him. That was that then.

You probably know it at this stage but Janesboro got a 3-0 win, Carew Park got a fine and the accused got a year ban apparently. I wasn't at it but that's the account I got from a fairly credible source who was at the game.

Yeah I saw that Janesboro were given the win and Red got a 12 month ban. Lot of people not happy with the decision to award Janesboro the 3 points cause apparently the match was abandoned because of what happened with the fan decking the manager and not because of Reds actions. Moves the Boro 7 points clear of Regional in second.

You're not the first person to speak highly of them, my brother has them backed too and there's no way both of ye can be wrong! :D On the topic of Junior International Player of the Year, I saw lately that Christopher Higgins of St. Michael's was nominated for that award but I couldn't find the other nominees.

No they're well worth the bet, junior soccer in Clare has really improved over the last few years. Clare team have won back to back Oscar Traynor trophies, they're playing Limerick in the 3rd round on the 21st and the winner plays Dublin AUL at home in the quarter final.

I know Eoin Hayes of Newmarket Celtic was nominated but not sure who the third and final person was, would be some achievement for Newmarket to have back to back player of the year winners.
    Yeah it was fairly obvious it wasn't happening sadly, could we see him with Balla yet?

Off abroad by all accounts.

Off abroad by all accounts.
    A friend of mine said he could be off the US and Lee-J's appearance on the Limerick FC Podcast would corroborate that, although it could be anywhere outside of Ireland.

Lads, I'm swapping from one iPhone to another. If I just backup my contacts and photos to my computer surely I'm all good? I find all this iCloud backup stuff to be hard work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,742 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sad to see Liam Miller lost his cancer battle at 36, a Cork boy who did well

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Decided to treat myself to a load of American candy off twizzlers.ie, ended up spending €55 lol

Always wanted to try American stuff

Got packs of jolly ranchers, butterfingers and a mystery box.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Decided to treat myself to a load of American candy off twizzlers.ie, ended up spending €55 lol

You have too much money.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »

I feel like IRL we'd be good friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at the site :)

• Advertisement

I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at the site :)

The jolt cola is suppose to be a titan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I remember candy, and sweets and stuff. They were nice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Has anyone here ever ordered anything off of njpweurope.com before? Are the t-shirts decent quality and how long does it take to deliver to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Has anyone here ever ordered anything off of njpweurope.com before? Are the t-shirts decent quality and how long does it take to deliver to Ireland?

I have. The quality is good, seems to be better than the PWTees ones but slightly lesser quality than the NJPW ones I got in Japan.

My order took maybe 2 weeks to arrive.

I don't know their exact website link but Rev Pro in England sell all the NJPW shirts and are probably cheaper and more reliable. NJPW Europe is run by SPLX who have terrible customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Thanks guys, ill investigate rev pro and see what the story is!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Happy Chinese New ash valentines Wednesday

Happy Valentine's Day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Happy Greeting Card Company day ya'll!

Any plans?

I'm making herself a big dirty beef wellington, with mash, chips and greens. Some mixed berry crumble for afters. If we are in the mood, we might stay up beyond 11pm and watch something on Netflix. I know we will both be hoping for some magic to happen then...

For the kids to stay in bed so we can have 8 hours unbroken sleep for once!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Happy Rusev Day everyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Any plans?

I'm making herself a big dirty beef wellington, with mash, chips and greens. Some mixed berry crumble for afters. If we are in the mood, we might stay up beyond 11pm and watch something on Netflix. I know we will both be hoping for some magic to happen then...

Whipped.....

Cream with the crumble or Ice Cream

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Any plans?

Netflix and Chill gerrybbadd :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Who do you love most?

I only post here and FSA really but all ten names came from PW forum.

MNG top of the shop with 8 love hearts. Whatever that means Lol.

@BH Kung Hoy Fat Choi! (sp?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Username
    wp_rathead
    b.gud
    Zzippy
    Loughc
    beakerjoe
    Adyx
    Bazzo
    gerrybbadd
    Lithium93_
    JP Liz V1
    Lord TSC

A rugby and PW split

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Compatibility
    astradave
    jayo26
    Whatsisname
    adox
    MrMac84
    yermandan
    M!Ck^
    Loughc
    beno619
    Lithium93_
    RobertKK

Mix of PW and United forum. Expected some werewolves though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Welsh Megaman
    Bounty Hunter
    paulie21
    Go Harvey Go
    beakerjoe
    DM_7
    Lord TSC
    Mr.Prodston
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    Loughc
    thebostoncrab

Looks like a TV forum/Pro Wrestling split for me. Ten hearts for Welsh Megaman. Haven't been so fond of a Welsh guy since Giggs in the 90s.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For me it's:

Delirium
    x Purple Pawprints x
    Loughc
    Lithium93_
    Star Lord
    Marty McFly
    Shiminay
    Sephiroth_dude
    Turtwig
    Insect Overlord
    Professey Chin

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mine are,

SarahLil
    Capt'n Midnight
    Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl
    New Home
    Jude13
    Mam of 4
    kitten_k
    funnights74
    Bootup
    Lord TSC

Mostly Christmas Forum no surprise there and a few of ye wonderful PW folk! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Kankan14 wrote: »

MNG top of the shop with 8 love hearts. Whatever that means Lol.

@BH Kung Hoy Fat Choi! (sp?)

I too wish you enlarge your wealth... at least I think that's how it translates.

Xin Dian kuai law. ... my own personal phonetic way of saying happy new year!

MNG also topped my list. How to get the most hearts from BH

Be a pw poster, be posting here longer than most and if you can also be someone who posts on the soccer forum, is a people mod or play werewolf. Most on my list fit at least 2 of those criteria

• Advertisement

my candy arrived

€55 for that ???

Christ

Advertisement