Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Lord TSC has clearly never tried to buy something off the camera area in Adverts!
    "here's a ten year old camera. It's worth about 200 quid, but I'll only accept offers nearer the 600 mark."

Gombeens the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thread spoiling is against Adverts TOC, you should report the user. Glad you were able to get some good deals though :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Thread spoiling is against Adverts TOC, you should report the user. Glad you were able to get some good deals though :)

Afaik, you can only report if your the person who is selling the item. Meh, it's withdrawn now and I've moved on anyway. About to start sorting through the box of DVDs I have and see whats worth what :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I got a text from o2 yesterday saying that my iphone will be unlocked if I plug it into itunes with a new sim card earlier. I had requested the unlock.

Does anyone know if I try and sell this phone that this is ok for the buyer to do?

Re boxes of DVDs, trying to sell DVDs nowadays is almost a wate of time unless you do it ina huge lot like TSC bought. Looking at the CEX website, you would barely get €2 for a decent blu-ray, lucky to get €1 for a DVD.

I have a crap load of DVDs at home which I have been hoarding because "i might watch them again", but they are being boxed on Saturday and into the Cork Cancer Society shop.

I actually sold about 40 wrestling DVDs to a user here last year. Id say he got a decent bargain tbh.

Sat down and price checked on Amazon. Being conservative, I reckon I'd sell the 80€ worth of DVDs for about 250€, and that's listing a few at 25c when I can probably get more than that if I throw them up in a bundle on Adverts.

Have gotten really into the concept of flipping stuff over the last few weeks and excited to be trying to actually do it. I've had decent success importing stuff from China and selling on Adverts, but this looks a bit more fun, buying in bulk, trying to find little treasures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I went to a car boot sale a few weeks back and dvds there were selling from 2 and 3 euros and some were pretty old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sat down and price checked on Amazon. Being conservative, I reckon I'd sell the 80€ worth of DVDs for about 250€, and that's listing a few at 25c when I can probably get more than that if I throw them up in a bundle on Adverts.

Have gotten really into the concept of flipping stuff over the last few weeks and excited to be trying to actually do it. I've had decent success importing stuff from China and selling on Adverts, but this looks a bit more fun, buying in bulk, trying to find little treasures.

There are not too many high-value DVDs but look out for Region 1 Criterion discs that have never been released on blu-ray, anything with a cult following, unique boxsets with trinkets (such as Showgirls). And maybe some limited edition steelbooks from early on when steelbooks first appeared.

There were far more films released on DVD than were ever released on blu-ray and unless a film is owned by a big studio, copyright was often leased to distributors for limited periods of time.

Hmm, awesome. My laptop is utterly dead.

A night of testing DVDs and listing on amazon does that I guess :( really can't afford a 200 quid bill this close to Xmas for a new hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Thinking of getting myself the new Real Madrid jersey for Christmas, don't know if i'll get the home jersey, or the pink away jersey or Black 3rd jersey, so many decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭kksaints

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Thinking of getting myself the new Real Madrid jersey for Christmas, don't know if i'll get the home jersey, or the pink away jersey or Black 3rd jersey, so many decisions.

Home jersey. Nothing beats the classic Real white.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

kksaints wrote: »
    Home jersey. Nothing beats the classic Real white.

Except the black one that actually looks nice :pac:

I've an Xbox 360 with about 40-50 games, the 500gb hard drive and all the usual stuff. Would I get anything near 350 on boards for it?
    I'm really tempted by the PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,274 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you don't mind me asking, what's tempting you about ps4? I thought about getting one but then realised there's not enough on it to justify buying one. Think infamous is the only exclusive.

All my friends are getting one, so it's just a case of staying in the loop with all the ones that emigrated.

Other than that the PS store has loads I want - the original MGS, Crash Bandicoot etc. Also seeing as there's no backwards capability with the games I own, there's no reason to stay loyal to xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Deadlie wrote: »
    I've an Xbox 360 with about 40-50 games, the 500gb hard drive and all the usual stuff. Would I get anything near 350 on boards for it?
    I'm really tempted by the PS4

Probably not, probably closer to 250.

No harm sticking an advert up and seeing if anyone bites though.

Garseys wrote: »
    Probably not, probably closer to 250.

No harm sticking an advert up and seeing if anyone bites though.

Yeah, I was thinking as much myself. It's just that I've 60 odd games on the Hd and new ones too and a rake of boxed games. Might be better to divide them up and sell separately!

Deadlie wrote: »
    Might be better to divide them up and sell separately!

If you've the patience, absolutely. Selling in bulk always gives a much worse deal. This way you might get 10 quid for each one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone watch Love/Hate ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone watch Love/Hate ?

Yep and staying away from spoilers all day

I don't know how anyone watched Love Hate in peace. Anything interesting that seems to happen makes the front page of the tabloids, like. Goes to show you the standard of TV here, when one great show makes the country go ballistic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I could count on one hand the people I know IRL and on twitter that I talk to regularly that adore Love/Hate that have seen Sopranos/Shield/Wire. There's so much great TV for them to watch but unless their bros rave on FB about it they'll ne'r know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

2foqaVH.jpg

I love the long winded way of calling that match dull.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I was trying to put offers in on, some lad came and started telling the seller that they were selling things too cheap and to go to a shop for more [and it was withdrawn] :rolleyes: Thanks guy.

Hey TSC, I contacted Adverts re: sales-spoiling and this was the reply.
    No we don't allow users to post comments like that, if you do come across it please report it and we can deal with it ASAP.

I'm wholly against people ruining buying/selling of others so next time report the fecker :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is €50,000 a lot of money for a Christmas party

cena wrote: »
    Is €50,000 a lot of money for a Christmas party

Are you going out of Ireland for it

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are you going out of Ireland for it

Not my party. It's the brothers staff party. They where given that much to spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

You must be having a big party!

You must be having a big party!
    I wish.

cena wrote: »
    Not my party. It's the brothers staff party. They where given that much to spend

Where does he work and is there many staff?

It seems like a huge amount for a Xmas party to me

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where does he work and is there many staff?

It seems like a huge amount for a Xmas party to me

I won't name the company. I really don't know I much staff there is

Advertisement