Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did you go to the game? Saw that Waterford named Bastian Hery as their motm, would you have agreed?

Sadly didn't make he game but heard the crowd was quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great night there for Omackeral as Bohs come from 1-0 down to win the derby 3-1!

Still drinking beer my man!!!!

Any Dublin based lads in here that are decent footballers fancy joining the boards.ie soccer team? We're recruiting at the moment. It's full sized astro pitches and it's 11 a side. I'm on it myself the last few years and it's great.

If you think you'd be interested, have a look here. Tell them the Mackdogg sent ya :p

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057843110/1/#post106191770

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id be tempted if it was Northside, great idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Pity its all early midweek games by the look of it?

I'll be working in Dublin from April on Thursday and Fridays and this would be ideal as I wouldn't miss training with own team as much then :(

• Advertisement

I think Tuesday is what they'll be going with but there are friday cup games the odd time so I'll keep you in mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,742 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Boards playing up for anyone else, getting 500 errors and then running slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Any free anti-virus software that ye'd recommend?

Any free anti-virus software that ye'd recommend?

never had a probelm with AVG

looks like my bucket list of gigs may be over come the summer with the Rolling stones almost assured to be playing Dublin in May. Going too Tears For Fears, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and Billy Joel also this summer. I get more joy from gigs then i would a week long holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I've used Microsoft Security Essentials for about 8 years and never had an issue with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've always used AVG but i now avoid like the plague.

My pc randomly stopped connecting to the internet. Replaced network card, the whole shebang. gave up and brought it to a repairs place.

They advised me AVG was the culprit. They couldn't fully uninstall of the components of it, but enough to get it back working. Now though, my fairly high powered PC takes at least 2 minutes to boot.

So ya, avoid AVG.

Avast is meant to be good

@Advanced Ghost, did you see that the Boro and Carew match is to be replayed now instead of points awarded to the Boro.

@Advanced Ghost, did you see that the Boro and Carew match is to be replayed now instead of points awarded to the Boro.
    I did, Christ, it's never ending.

I bought a car two weeks ago, everything's going great thankfully.
    I mentioned lately I always wanted to go to Richmond Park. Well Limerick are away to Pat's on Friday March 23 so I reckon I'll get to drive to it, great success!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I did, Christ, it's never ending.

The lads on my team yesterday were saying the LDMC didn't send a representative down to the appeal at all. Out of the last 15 appeals from Limerick sent to the Munster Council, 14 have been overturned. The LDMC don't bother to back up their own judgements any more because of it.

2-0 win for Waterford at home to St Pats

Hard to believe a BP win over scotland on the 10th March will win us the championship at least going into the England game on paddys day but this is our best chance of another Grand slam. Could be 2011/2017 roles reversed in England with England trying to deny us a Grand slam not the other way around

So stoked to see the rolling stones are playing Croke Park this may but the residents have a very strong case and the concert may not happen. Plan b is a day trip to Manchester for the gig over there on the 5th June but would really rather go to croke park

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So stoked to see the rolling stones are playing Croke Park this may but the residents have a very strong case and the concert may not happen. Plan b is a day trip to Manchester for the gig over there on the 5th June but would really rather go to croke park

Won't be going but I notice that even though it's the first concert of the tour, they're the last tickets to go on sale. I can't help but think this is because they'll be the most expensive and by the time Irish people see the price, it'll be too late to buy for elsewhere

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Won't be going but I notice that even though it's the first concert of the tour, they're the last tickets to go on sale. I can't help but think this is because they'll be the most expensive and by the time Irish people see the price, it'll be too late to buy for elsewhere

i assumed the late ticket date for the cp gig was to sort out the licence issue ???

the guys on the stones fourm siad it could be pretty easy to pick up tickets to one of the gigs a few days/weeks before it.

Not looking forward to the prices tbh but i work hard for it and have cut down drinking/crap spending a bit and not into long holidays away . I paid €200 for a u2 ticket for Croke park last summer so prepared to for this gig

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Real Beast from the East

6fa27bdf63b30874009cd4f1e52b5705.jpg

The lads on my team yesterday were saying the LDMC didn't send a representative down to the appeal at all. Out of the last 15 appeals from Limerick sent to the Munster Council, 14 have been overturned. The LDMC don't bother to back up their own judgements any more because of it.

LDMC don't give a ****. It's a joke that Limerick clubs need to go to Cork to get a fair outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Bah God King, that man has a family!!!

I'm fixin' to be a daddy again, for the 3rd time. My wife is 10 weeks gone, first scan there this afternoon. good strong heartbeat present. We are delighted.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I'm fixin' to be a daddy again, for the 3rd time. My wife is 10 weeks gone, first scan there this afternoon. good strong heartbeat present. We are delighted.

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On your way to being the next Heath Slater. Congrats

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gerrybbadd nah more like Gerry did good.

Congrats man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

You need to stay off the Divas thread gerry, it's not doing your wallet any good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    More 500 errors :(

Fecking weather forum users flooding the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Loughc wrote: »
    Fecking weather forum users flooding the site.

The irony

Virtanen wrote: »
    The irony

339n2uv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

In relation to the current temp here in Galway, I'll leave it up to Zandig.

Advertisement