Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just been looking at the Copa Libertadores, I love that there's some team out there just called "The Strongest".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Was watching the WWE specials of the Weakest Link on Youtube. Ha some dumb moments like Booker T saying Thanksgiving was in October and of course HHH and Steph burying everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bloody weather can't go anywhere

Netflix and a few dvds it is.

might watch The day after tomorrow just cause

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jeez im getting serious cabin fever being stuck in the house all day especally witth tomorrow being the same

sky88 wrote: »
    Jeez im getting serious cabin fever being stuck in the house all day especally witth tomorrow being the same

imagine what being in jail is like ???

omacrkel could prob answer that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love the cold. And I enjoy snow.

But wow, this one is no fun. The bin blew open so I had to run out to close it and readjust it. And it was such a crazy 60 seconds, cause the wind is so strong, and the snow is so, so bitterly cold. I picked up some for a snow ball and my fingers instantly were horrifically sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It’s somewhat unsatisfactory as the stuff that’s falling isn’t your classic white flakes but whatever it is it’s sticking on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Feck all snow here, but I'm still housebound with the kids.

Going seriously stir crazy here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Angron wrote: »
    Just been looking at the Copa Libertadores, I love that there's some team out there just called "The Strongest".
    They have (or at least had around December 2016) a player named Pablo Escobar too!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    imagine what being in jail is like ???

omacrkel could prob answer that

I'm stuck in here for 48 hours solid brother due to the weather. Missus begged me not to go in but somebody has to be here. I have no kids myself so I'd rather be in here than someone who has got children at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Feck all snow here, but I'm still housebound with the kids.

Going seriously stir crazy here!

Got quite a bit more of the proper stuff today and more to come tonight. I'm getting cabin fever myself. It'll be some craic when it all melts.

pubs and public place will be packed when all this is over.

found a few bottles at home having them tonight to kill the bordem

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Myles Kennedy released what I assume is the final single from his forthcoming Year Of The Tiger solo album today, and the man can do no wrong, got a feeling this album is going to be absolutely superb.

Was renewing my ESTA today so I can do my annual trip over to America. Used to just be "who are you, where are you going" but they've added loads of new questions including wanting to know details of my social media accounts :O

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »

Cork status red now changed to status orange now so hoping I can get out tomorrow, snow very thick here and high no sign of any melting

Looting in Lidl Dublin :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Looting in Lidl Dublin :eek:

To be fair, that's a possibility even in good weather. :pac:

Folks, spare a thought for the birds in this weather which is probably the worst they'll experience. Food will be really hard to come by and you can help them out even if you haven't got bird seed. Cut an apple or pear in half and leave it out and blackbirds will eat it. If you have dry porridge oats to spare you can leave that out and robins will gladly have it (don't cook the porridge as they'll choke on it.) You can also offer some grated cheese to birds if you've some to spare.

Try to leave out a bowl of water for them too as they'll find water tough to get. If there's a danger the water might freeze, a good tip I read is to drop a little twig or table tennis ball in the bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck the snow.

Can't even bring the dog for a walk because he had surgery last week and is wearing a cone so even though he wants to go and I want to bring him, he'll just turn into a mini-plow because the snow is so high!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fúck the snow.

Can't even bring the dog for a walk because he had surgery last week and is wearing a cone so even though he wants to go and I want to bring him, he'll just turn into a mini-plow because the snow is so high!

The poor dog must be miserable.

I say go fit for it. Leave him be a puppy plow. If nothing else, record it. I bet it'll look hilarious and go viral*

*Note for animal rights activists.
    Obviously I'm not condoning this if the animal suffers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The usual route is more or less impassable so might march out a path around the park in the morning and do a few laps then to stop us from both going mad!

Surely the worst of it is over now anyway. Bring on the thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Been perfectly clear up here. No snow around me at all. Of course we'll probably get it next week

• Advertisement

got out to the supermarket in town thank god

Dont feel like going to the pub for some reason, kill time at home til i go back to work on Monday hopefully

Looking forward only a week to go til the big 6 nations match vs Scotland. A BP win here could be a huge step for the title

Aweeeesome. The word document with the novel I'm working on just corrupted. Luckily I print off everything when I can, so it's just a case of sitting down with the hard copy and transcribing it, but I feel stupid for not having a back up that's sooner than two weeks ago. Life Pro Tip, back everything up constantly :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Aweeeesome. The word document with the novel I'm working on just corrupted. Luckily I print off everything when I can, so it's just a case of sitting down with the hard copy and transcribing it, but I feel stupid for not having a back up that's sooner than two weeks ago. Life Pro Tip, back everything up constantly :(

That's a serious pain in the ass man! Working on a novel myself at the minute, and you've just reminded me to back it up!

Cloud backup is probably the best option i'd imagine. I may store it in multiple places to be on the safe side. I'm over 8000 words in, so don't want to lose what i have, merely 5 or 6% in to it!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    That's a serious pain in the ass man! Working on a novel myself at the minute, and you've just reminded me to back it up!

Cloud backup is probably the best option i'd imagine. I may store it in multiple places to be on the safe side. I'm over 8000 words in, so don't want to lose what i have, merely 5 or 6% in to it!

Yeah. Mine is 75,000 words and its nearing the end of the second draft so it would have been an utter nightmare to lose it entirely. I really need to be more careful.

What's yours about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »

Ah jeez, sorry to hear that man. There is some scan-to-text programs though, something like this? http://www.convertimagetotext.net/imagetotextconverter.php i haven't tried it but was searching around the web, should be doable and save u a lot of typing!

Great to see Gary Oldman finally getting the nod at the Oscars. Long overdue.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ah jeez, sorry to hear that man. There is some scan-to-text programs though, something like this? http://www.convertimagetotext.net/imagetotextconverter.php i haven't tried it but was searching around the web, should be doable and save u a lot of typing!

Honestly, while it's frustrating, it probably will mean a more professional edit on the third draft, since I'll have to re-type every single word. I'll catch spelling and formatting mistakes before I ship it round to agents.

Yes, I'm trying to stay "glass half full" :P I'll test that link out though, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads, is there any thread on Boards for retail workers to share their experiences with odd customers? While I'm at it, anyone here have any?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lads, is there any thread on Boards for retail workers to share their experiences with odd customers? While I'm at it, anyone here have any?

Too many

From people giving me sticks in relation to their foot size in Sports retail, to formerly rich people now going down the Insolvency route who arent in touch with reality, I have my far share of odd balls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yeah, Ranting and Raving have an epic thread called Cries of Retail. The forum is private but I think you can PM a mod for access. Overheal is a mod of the forum.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055846499

Advertisement