Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Up the amazon prices to cover it ;)

I need a high end gaming laptop for "business reasons", right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. Need a good graphics card to display all the fancy excel charts and PowerPoint presentations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

And don't forget LTSC - high frame rate capabilities are very important for the likes of excel and Word.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ok beast from the east **** right off and dont think of coming back here this weekend

sick of snow and cant take being indoors for paddys weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ok beast from the east **** right off and dont think of coming back here this weekend

sick of snow and cant take being indoors for paddys weekend

Not being a dick to you, but this is really inconsiderate, spare a thought for those who don't have a roof over their heads/sleeping rough..

Bit of perspective ya know.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not being a dick to you, but this is really inconsiderate, spare a thought for those who don't have a roof over their heads/sleeping rough..

relax it meant as a bit of humour and not aimed at anyone

anyway rugby sat is one of the biggest games in Irish rugby history. Thankfully we have the title wrapped up and will receive it after the match no matter what the outcome but we have a chance of doing the grand slam for only the 3rd time in our history and against England. The shoe is on the other foot and like last year but England are out to stop out GS hopes in there back garden (last year they came over to us final day with the title but lost out on the GS cause of us) and they are under pressure after suffering 2 loses. Really hoping it's a great day and we come out on top. This squad and management deserve a Grand slam .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ridiculous comment. There was nothing inconsiderate in what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mullins has Brahma Bull running at Cheltenham tomorrow, worth an e/w flutter :p

Ridiculous comment. There was nothing inconsiderate in what he said.

Well I'm sure if those who are homeless/sleeping rough heard that comment, they'd probably think "inconsiderate dickhead".

That's how it came across when reading it.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Well I'm sure if those who are homeless/sleeping rough heard that comment, they'd probably think "inconsiderate dickhead".

Jesus! Really?

• Advertisement

That's how it came across when reading it.

I hadn't interpreted it that way at all. Are you really saying that when you hear someone say "I hate being stuck indoors" your immediate reaction is to think that's someone being offensive to homeless people?

I hadn't interpreted it that way at all. Are you really saying that when you hear someone say "I hate being stuck indoors" your immediate reaction is to think that's someone being offensive to homeless people?

Well no two interpretations of something are the same, plus in the context it was said & the weekend that's coming.

TL;DR I took from it what I read, even if something else entirely was meant/implied..

Well no two interpretations of something are the same, plus in the context it was said & the weekend that's coming.

TL;DR I took from it what I read, even if something else entirely was meant/implied..

Why give him a hard time, telling him he was being inconsiderate and assume a homeless person would think he was a "dickhead"? Maybe a homeless person would also interpret it like myself and many others would: someone simply hoping they don't have to stay indoors due to bad weather. A perfectly reasonable sentiment.

Funny how you tell him to keep a bit of perspective. Perhaps you would be better off following your own advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sanchez? Locked down!

de Gea? Locked down!

Pogba? Locked down!

Rashford? Locked down!

Man U? Locked down!

Welcome to the Mourinho Penitentiary! Where free flowing football is Locked down!

tenor.gif?itemid=5370829

homeless people were the last thing on my mind when I was writing it

it was just a misunderstanding we all move on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Stephen Hawking has died at 76

hate these sleepless nights, got about 3 hours in total

out of work at 00.10, watched SD and went to bed at 3am and just could not sleep. I'd be a very light sleeper and the loud wind/rain outside keeps waking me up. I don't feel comfy wearing ear plugs too sleep. Remember when I was anti depressants the tablets made be so sleepy but other effects will forever prevent me from taking them again (weight gain, constant fatigue, irritation)

peed off

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mullins has Brahma Bull running at Cheltenham tomorrow, worth an e/w flutter :p

At 50 to 1, stay clear unless you are feeling lucky

beakerjoe wrote: »
    At 50 to 1, stay clear unless you are feeling lucky

put 0.50c win on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Craig Mack passed away yesterday aged 46.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jim Bowen dead as well though think he’d been bad from Alzheimer’s for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    Jim Bowen dead as well though think he’d been bad from Alzheimer’s for a while
    Edit: It was actually a stroke he suffered from in 2011

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was trying to figure out where I'd heard the name Jim Bowen before. Eventually copped it was in one of the OSW Reviews, I think V1 called Rene Goulet "Jim Bowen in a blonde monk's wig".

Ah not Jim Bowen. Loved Bullseye when a wee lad and even now, though its aged well, its hilarious looking back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Anyone ever read Stephen Hawking's book: A Brief History of time

remember hearing it is one of the most bought but unfinished books. Think I picked it up myself once and the same happened even though he apparently wrote it for people who didn't have prior scientific theory knowledge. Dunno if that reflects poorly on me but at least I tried to learn from one of the greatest minds of our time.

Apparently died on Einstein's birthday and lived to the same age as Einstein. Not sure why that is really relevant but it was one of the million and one facts about him that I saw people saying today that stuck in my head. RIP

On that unfinished book thing I think the holder of the record of biggest seller least read book is Ulysses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Was gutted to see the passing of Craig Mack and am just as sad to see the passing of Jim Bowen. I would sometimes watch Bullseye on repeat on Challenge.
    If you want to see how funny Jim Bowen was, watch this video of him talking about an un-aired episode of Bullseye:

On a lighter note, I think I'm heading into a fairly hectic period of watching live soccer. Was at Limerick/Bray last Friday, going to watch the Limerick District Premier Division League Cup Final tomorrow, Limerick/Cork City on Friday, Limerick/Rovers on Monday and potentially going to Pat's/Limerick on Friday week.

Anyone bought anything off Wish I know everything is a knock off but for the prices something must be worth a punt.

Some of the wrestling T's for €5 look decent knockoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Never bought any clothes, but I've bought a watch, a knock-off Lego set and a model-making kit. All have been good quality, especially the latter

Also the odd decorative thing like lights, ornaments, stuff like that

• Advertisement

Virtanen wrote: »
    Never bought any clothes, but I've bought a watch, a knock-off Lego set and a model-making kit. All have been good quality, especially the latter

Also the odd decorative thing like lights, ornaments, stuff like that

Would it be better / more reliable than Ebay?

Advertisement