Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

The problem with eBay is that when you try to buy the real thing, you don't really know whether it's a knock-off or not until you get it

With Wish, every 'branded' item you buy is a knock-off. So in that sense, IMO Wish and eBay are about the same, so long as you temper your expectations going in, and know the quality might be questionable

Having said that, I haven't had any quality issues with anything from Wish myself, but of course it is always a possibility

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Virtanen wrote: »
    The problem with eBay is that when you try to buy the real thing, you don't really know whether it's a knock-off or not until you get it

If an item on Ebay doesn't say it's fake, and turns out to be, you can demand a refund very easily, and Ebay will probably side with you instantly. I say this as an Ebay seller, pulling wool over customers eyes like that is a great way to get your account suspended REAL quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's a bit weird seeing live videos of Myles Kennedy without Alter Bridge or Slash & The Conspirators..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Some result from Limerick tonight, fully deserved the point. Another one on Monday and it's all Gucci.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy St. Patrick's Day

th?id=OIP.aj9Jn9Ett5adFVuv4u6qcgHaFL&pid=15.1&P=0&w=234&h=165

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick's Day

th?id=OIP.aj9Jn9Ett5adFVuv4u6qcgHaFL&pid=15.1&P=0&w=234&h=165

22 minutes early Liz :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    22 minutes early Liz :pac:
    Happy St Patrick's Day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think you should've changed the thread title to "Happy St Patty's day" just to annoy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think you should've changed the thread title to "Happy St Patty's day" just to annoy people.

Triggered

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy St Patrick's Day.

Mod reported for baiting members! :pac:

Happy St Patrick's Day.

Mod reported for baiting members! :pac:

Mod has decided mod has done nothing wrong.

Who watches the watchmen? :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I see the words "St Patty's Day" and I wanna say o top o the morning to you laddy *shudders*

Just found a great quality stream for the Irl vs Eng Rugby so im sorted for my St Patrick's Day activity here in TW anyway

4345780-temp.jpg

Just for the day that's in it :pac: :pac:

tumblr_omy1w1qBGl1um2igbo1_500.gif

3 tries and a 16 point lead despite having lost O'Mahony for 10mins in the first half is huge! NOt going to dare jinx a potential Grand Slam but things are going according to plan so far

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ach. The Flight of the Conchord tickets I'm not meant to know about for their show in Dublin are now for a show that's been postponed cause one of them broke their hand :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

After 7 weeks of training i have officially bought in and became a banker ha (well a sales advisor for a bank)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Congratulations on the new job mate!

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ach. The Flight of the Conchord tickets I'm not meant to know about for their show in Dublin are now for a show that's been postponed cause one of them broke their hand :(

Yeah it sucks man. I LOVE the Conchords and couldn't get tickets for their gig in the Olympia a few years ago, was gutted. But i'm sure we'll get it in June or July.
    Sunday 18 March 2018: Due to a hand injury that Bret McKenzie has suffered, Metropolis Music, Live Nation Entertainment, Chambers Touring & Flight of the Conchords regrettably announce the postponement and imminent rescheduling of the Flight of the Conchords Sing Flight of the Conchords tour. Bret and Jemaine are extremely sorry and deeply saddened that they cannot perform for their U.K. fans, who have waited so patiently.

“Unfortunately I’ve broken two bones in my hand today in a very rock ‘n’ roll injury – falling down some stairs. The doctors have informed me that I won’t be able to perform for several weeks. I’m sorry not to be able to do these upcoming shows but I’m looking forward to coming back and finishing the tour when I have two fully functioning hands.” – Bret McKenzie.

Tickets holders will be contacted about the rescheduling of dates. More information to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Two strange things happened today:

Flash Morgan Webster randomly liked an Instagram post of mine with Karl Spain from July of last year. What's weirder is that I don't follow many wrestlers, am not followed by any wrestlers (excluding SPLX) and all of my posts including that one have no reference to wrestling. Still, I'll absolutely take it! :D

Looked up cheapest place for Petrol in my locality today on Pumps.ie. Saw the cheapest, google mapped it and ended up at the place I always go to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

someone that always bothers me

do some celebs actually run there social media pages themselves or are they part of a marketing type group ??. Slash seems to be on Instagram 24/7 and likes almost everything possible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think they all have media managers easy to spot a lot of times like vinny macs

PTH2009 wrote: »
    do some celebs actually run there social media pages themselves or are they part of a marketing type group??

Yes to the latter - they v. likely have a PR team that tweets on their behalf. Like iirc Paddy Power has a team of 9! Celeb Instagram is filled with advertisements barely masquerading as posts, which get deleted later. Or WWE superstars, WWE's PR team would tweet promotional stuff, using the right hashtags and events and that. Even down to the Iron Sheik, the dude can barely talk without getting hot, doubt he's a wiz at smartphones -- there's no way he could type in a funny/witty tweet perfectly composed in his character.

Some of them are very easy to spot. Like there's 0% chance Naomi wrote this:

https://twitter.com/NaomiWWE/status/972226116189552640

Think Iron Sheik is tweeting about the #FirstDayofSpring?

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/976149154375323654

or this shameless promotion:

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/974979511446982657

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Question....

Which is worst,

A.....People living in an echo chamber...

B Or people who seek out crap opinions outside there comfort zone to confirm there initial opinions..

:o

someone that always bothers me

do some celebs actually run there social media pages themselves or are they part of a marketing type group ??. Slash seems to be on Instagram 24/7 and likes almost everything possible

Slash definitely runs his own Instagram, he mentioned it in an interview with Nikki Sixx, I mean would a PR person post the kind of stuff he posts that isn't guitar or music related :pac:

On a tangential note, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators have announced their return. The group will release their as-yet-untitled third album this fall and embark on a North American tour around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Slash definitely runs his own Instagram, he mentioned it in an interview with Nikki Sixx, I mean would a PR person post the kind of stuff he posts that isn't guitar or music related :pac:

On a tangential note, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators have announced their return. The group will release their as-yet-untitled third album this fall and embark on a North American tour around that time.

GNR must be ending the NITL tour after the 2nd Euro run in the summer and are possibly taking a while off touring together then if this is anything to go by. Saw Slash and Co in Vicar Street in 2010 and it was epic, might try and catch them again if they return here in 2019. When GNR got back together i thought Slash and Co would somewhat diminise as a group but its starting to turn into the oppisite and they might do well from the GNR reunion. Would they still do GNR songs in there set i wonder ??

GNR must be ending the NITL tour after the 2nd Euro run in the summer and are possibly taking a while off touring together then if this is anything to go by. Saw Slash and Co in Vicar Street in 2010 and it was epic, might try and catch them again if they return here in 2019. When GNR got back together i thought Slash and Co would somewhat diminise as a group but its starting to turn into the oppisite and they might do well from the GNR reunion. Would they still do GNR songs in there set i wonder ??

The Locomotive that is the Not In The Lifetime Tour will keep going a while yet. Plus Axl's supposedly going to be recording a new AC/DC album, so you know Slash saw an opportunity, plus between September and end of 2018 is the only stretch Slash would be able to get a hold of Myles for an extended period of time, because Alter Bridge start work on Album #6 in 2019.

Look at it this way, if Myles can juggle both Alter Bridge and Slash's band, along with his own solo career, then there's no reason Slash can't juggle Guns and Myles & The Conspirators..

Wouldn't want to be their respective managers however :pac:

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Which is worst,
    A.....People living in an echo chamber...
    B Or people who seek out crap opinions outside there comfort zone to confirm there initial opinions.. :o

I'd have to say B, as to an extent A is unavoidable. On twitter we can't help living in a bubble (It's governed by our interests) like i'm in a smark wrestling/videogame bubble, so it has a propensity to become an echo chamber.

I don't know why you'd seek out other opinions just to confirm their own, but sure, the internet's a bit weird now that the general public is on it. It's not like how it was 10 or 20 years ago, it's become way more mainstream and politicised.

Advertisement