Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, its a real confidence booster when an agency says it should take 6-8 weeks to get back to you about a book proposal, but manage to fire you back a 6 word reply inside 12 hours :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Man, its a real confidence booster when an agency says it should take 6-8 weeks to get back to you about a book proposal, but manage to fire you back a 6 word reply inside 12 hours :P

How’s the laptop ?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How’s the laptop ?

Ordered a new one that's due this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cool, what's the specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Ordered a new one that's due this week :)

Is this your work laptop that'll be suspiciously a gaming laptop???

• Advertisement

Is this your work laptop that'll be suspiciously a gaming laptop???

That's the one ;)
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    cool, what's the specs?

Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Series -7577

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 Overclocked
    1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
    256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
    16GB, DDR4, 2400MHz
    15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
    7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.8 GHz)

I'm not a massive hardware guy but from what I read, that all lets me play modern games to a nice degree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

That's the one ;)

Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Series -7577

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 Overclocked
    1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
    256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
    16GB, DDR4, 2400MHz
    15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
    7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.8 GHz)

I'm not a massive hardware guy but from what I read, that all lets me play modern games to a nice degree :)

Very nice!!!

You have future proofed your business there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bought a Lenovo yoga 300-11iBR last summer and i find it ok but very limited if ur a big into your tech . Paid €399 for it in Harvey Norman

I dont play many games and only use it for browsing, music, storage etc so suites me grand. found it odd not having a CD /DVD drive on it

One thing i notice the USB drives seem to disconnect sometimes when i connect them to the ports and my christ the battery life is shocking on it (lucky to 1.5-2 hours). It has touch screen but rarely use it

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I dont play many games and only use it for browsing, music, storage etc so suites me grand. found it odd not having a CD /DVD drive on it

Oh yeah, that was freaking me out cause i didn't notice there was no DVD drive on it till after I ordered, and I was thinking "****, thats a mistake".

Then I thought "When was the last time I actually watched a DVD on my laptop" and couldn't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Who watches DVD's nowadays anyways :pac:

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Who watches DVD's nowadays anyways :pac:

I put in my tagged classics DVD of Survivor Series 91 and 92 yesterday :o But that's an aberration!

So on the same day I find out my job search was very successful, Mark Tremonti drops a teaser for his new album out June 8th, to quote Ice Cube, Today was a good day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Congrats lith

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The worse thing about losing weight is shirts/pants you paid big money for start to become too big for u lol. I have some amazing large shirts from concerts/matches/wrestling etc and now they look baggy on me. It's annoying but a joy at the same time. Im a medium now with a 34/32 waist size down from large 36/38

I do 100 pushs ups a day and do my weights in the morning 3/4 times a week. Cut down on sweets and all that. At home before a big meal i do 20 push ups and then after it 20 more, it's prob not the right thing to do but I like it. at home if I feel angry/down at home a few body excersies my therapy. I don't have much strength and work with lighter weights (12kg DB, 20kg barbell, 7.5kg kettlebell) but it's keeping me toned a bit. Anti depressants aided my weight gain and I knw now i will never go near them again they didn't agree with me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Good for you PTH, it is good to read you are finding ways to be move forward and stay strong. Try not to put barriers up to seeking help down the road though, if you ever need help from medicine again don't be too strong willed against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Well done PTH.

Whether you are concerned about doing things right or not, at least you are doing something. More than can be said for my fat ass!

And you've lost weight, and are more toned - you must be doing something right.

As regards the medication, it could just be you didn't get the right ones for you.

I'm not ashamed to say, i'm on anti depressants too, SSRI's. I didn't feel sad per se, just, I felt nothing really. Had a very hard time sleeping. And my mind was constantly racing, a million miles an hour. I couldn't make sense of any thoughts, they were going too fast. Plus, I had a lot of anger issues, would be quick to snap etc (maybe I should change my username to Gerry K Shamrock)

I'm also diabetic, type 1, so I need insulin. Ever since I was diagnosed, I had a serious problem controlling my blood sugars.

But, since I started the anti depressants, my blood sugars have been perfect. But I also have the increased appetite, and fall asleep at the drop of a hat, after 10pm at night. Leads to a lot of nights falling asleep on the couch, waking up half crippled at 4am.

There's still far too much macho bullshít with regard to mental health issues amongst fellas. Far too much. It's ingrained into fellas that it's a sign of weakness to show emotion, talk about feelings, to cry. Fúck all that. Suicide is a major problem in this country, especially among men, and the media especially won't talk about it. This is a major part of the problem.

Sorry for the lengthy post guys, but i think its important too.

PTH, if you ever want to talk, about anything (Metallica or Wrestling even!), PM me. I'll shoot you over my mobile number.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So on the same day I find out my job search was very successful, Mark Tremonti drops a teaser for his new album out June 8th, to quote Ice Cube, Today was a good day :D

Here's the teaser if anyone's interested..

The album will also mark the first time Mark has delved into concept album territory, plus there's a book about the album's story being written..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Listening to Mauro Ranallo commentating on the boxing tonight is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Watching that fight was not great

The fight was terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was he on Sky?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was he on Sky?

No Showtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was watching a bit of their pre fight coverage and Mauro dropped in a WrestleMania reference when talking about the size of the crowd.

And that's my one and only attempt at an April Fool's joke today. Will change it back tomorrow :P

DAMN IT TSC..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

God ****ing dammit.

You bastard! ya got me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus Christ I nearly dropped my phone. I forgot the date because of it being Easter Sunday.

• Advertisement

Live shot of Lord TSC reveling in his shenanigans..

cKmFJWf.gif

:pac:

Advertisement