Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dana has out Vince'd Vince and brought Kayfabe back in the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So he's been charged with 3 counts of assault and 1 of criminal mischief. Due to appear in court later today. Jays that Bolivian Marching Powder is a hell of a drug

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mcgregor-charged-with-three-counts-of-assault-once-count-of-criminal-mischief-836024.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Can a lot of that be dropped if the three, presumably the two fighters who had to pull out and khabib, don't press charges?

People might be placated with some money for now and when the match is announced again for an upcoming show it's now got more eyes on it, as a result staying out of court and getting paid off might be appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"The dude threw a bin at a bus!" Making it sound like he threw a plastic bin at the side panel.

He threw a hand trolley through the window of a bus full of people. He's scum.

J. Marston wrote: »
    "The dude threw a bin at a bus!" Making it sound like he threw a plastic bin at the side panel.

He threw a hand trolley through the window of a bus full of people. He's scum.

Not defending him, just pointing out the madness that surrounds the situation. If it wasn't all bravado nonsense he would just fight the guy (plus I guess I didn't see the full video if it went through the window). Or get on the bus and go face to face with him. Not throw a bin (do people use the term hand trolley - had to check in these reports to see wtf that was) at the bus

Similarily the hyperbole about it being the worst thing in the history of UFC is a bit mad. I don't think there have been any deaths related to injuries sustained in bouts in the UFC or anything similar yet unlike some of the smaller MMA promotions but still.

McGregor was stupid, very stupid. He is now hopefully being wise and trying to fix it with the police, court and those hurt. Don't think anyone was very seriously hurt thankfully,

Conor is also starting to lose fans, people like myself that previously respected his fighting are now getting sick of his non fighting nonsense.

• Advertisement

Similarily the hyperbole about it being the worst thing in the history of UFC is a bit mad. I don't think there have been any deaths related to injuries sustained in bouts in the UFC or anything similar yet unlike some of the smaller MMA promotions but still.

Different things. One's an accident and one is a pre-planned act of scumbaggery.

Different things. One's an accident and one is a pre-planned act of scumbaggery.

Every response is me digging deeper but

I know which I would consider worse. That was the hyperbole, used worst thing in the history of UFC.

It was a pre planned act of scummy behavior of that I totally agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

https://youtu.be/oGQdc1nBAfI

Watching the last few minutes of this makes me think it’s as real as the time Stone Cold beat up McMahon in hospital!

Ha, now I know what a hand trolley is! (saw another video) Does look like something someone off their face might do you can see where the speculation on that is coming from. Ridiculous unnatural behavior tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Conor is also starting to lose fans, people like myself that previously respected his fighting are now getting sick of his non fighting nonsense.

He's pretty much developed himself as the biggest heel in the UFC.

People will pay money to see him fight in the hopes he gets his head knocked off....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Alter Bridge album #6 arrives next year :D.

But because Alter Bridge are currently on hiatus, doesn't mean nothing, Myles off doing his Year Of The Tiger, and eventually coming back together with a certain top hat wearing guitarist and Conspirators and Mark's self named band Tremonti dropped the title track to the new album today

Not sure what Scott & Brian do with their time off..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Would the NYPD have drug tested him when he was arrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Josh made reference to it during last night's show when Sami Callahan went to get a steel barricade. "Looking to Conor McGregor his way to victory"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Would the NYPD have drug tested him when he was arrested?

Was wondering that myself. Personally don't think he was coked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looked like United were gonna get tonked by City. Was gonna put a dampener on Wrestlemania weekend for me.

But now, everything is...

tumblr_ov43u6wmdN1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ypevkuncugq01.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If anyone is interested, a few of us are running a beginner's D&D game shortly over in Forum Games. Low commitment, one day/night a week, just a starter dungeon to allow people to get to grips with the game to see do they like it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057861265

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Who are you going for in the Grand National tomorrow? I'm going for Regal Encore.

FairGlumCur.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who are you going for in the Grand National tomorrow? I'm going for Regal Encore.

FairGlumCur.gif

I have 3, Tiger Roll, Chase The Spud and Maggio e/w bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I have 3, Tiger Roll, Chase The Spud and Maggio e/w bet

I had 4 of the top 6 last year, including the winner, by pure guesswork (read a few previews and backed e/w if the odds were worth it) so I'll probably leave it alone this year.

I couldn't go for Regal Encore as it's been pulled from the race. Now I'm pinning my hopes on Katie Walsh and Baie Des Iles.

I have given in to temptation and done some very small each way bets on Total Recall, Tiger Roll, Raz de Maree and Baie des Isles. Got delusionofgrandeur in a family sweepstake!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Anibale fly
    The dutchman
    Captain redbeard

No idea on racing but those name spoke to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Last Sumuri and Ucello Conti for me. 10 ew both.

I worked the National once...absolutely bonkers in the bookies on this day every year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10 E/W for captain redbeard for me:)

Pentecost wrote: »
    I have given in to temptation and done some very small each way bets on Total Recall, Tiger Roll, Raz de Maree and Baie des Isles. Got delusionofgrandeur in a family sweepstake!

Woohoo

Pentecost wrote: »
    Woohoo

Well done to you and to Liz on calling it right. That was an exciting finish and I bet especially so if you had Tiger Roll.

I was panicking for a minute there, a couple of yards further and he was caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yesss

put €6 into my PP account

done €1 EW bets on Tiger Roll/ Anibale Fly and Perfect Candidate

Got €18.80 For Tiger Roll
    €3.40 for Anibale Fly

Advertisement