Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yesss

put €6 into my PP account

done €1 EW bets on Tiger Roll/ Anibale Fly and Perfect Candidate

Got €18.80 For Tiger Roll
    €3.40 for Anibale Fly

A win is a win

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Can anyone recommend an online store for ordering American Candy / Crisps / Drinks?

I have a serious goo on me for some Root Beer and red Hot Cheetos

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an online store for ordering American Candy / Crisps / Drinks?

I have a serious goo on me for some Root Beer and red Hot Cheetos

Candyhero.com

Twizzlers.ie are quite good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Met Stephen Kenny, Tommy Barrett and Kenny Shiels at the Limerick vs Dundalk game last night. Had a good long chat with Stephen and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Kenny was a sound ol' skin! Stephen Bradley was there too but I never got to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazon has just moved into the world of Sports streaming after winning the rights to US Open Tennis for the next 5 years for the UK and Ireland starting next year.

It will be on Prime Video alongside movies and tv shows and not a separate streaming service.

Sky have now lost all it's Tennis rights and won't show any for the first time since 1991 once Amazon take this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How many watch Tennis though?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »
    How many watch Tennis though?

My thoughts exactly

It's the start thought the next football rights don't come up for 3 years so they are starting to build that platform.

And Prime Video is only €2.99 a month.

At that price they would need something like 42 million subscibers in the UK and Ireland to break even on the 4.5 billion deal last agreed.

Amazon might be okay with losing money on the NFL or NBA but the premier league rights in UK and Ireland? I dont see it. International rights would be worth it to them maybe.

Of course that wouldn't be the price if they get the football what they are doing is getting into the streaming sport business before Sky and BT and Netflix etc giving them a head start when the customer who already streams the content illegally might just be willing to pay for a streaming service.

Cord cutting is the future.

• Advertisement

Avicii found dead found dead at 28.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

RIP.

While EDM isn't exactly in my wheelhouse musically, hearing about it earlier, it caught me off guard..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    While EDM isn't exactly in my wheelhouse musically, hearing about it earlier, it caught me off guard..

It wouldn’t be mine either it’s just such a young age and sad for his family and fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP.

So young RIP

Very scary to see someone ur own age pass away so suddenly

His music was not my cup of tea but he was talented no doubt and 'wake me up' is a great song

I imagine the drink and drugs associated with that kind of genre of and in that kind of scene is not pretty

if I wear one of my Daniel Bryan t-shirts in public I'll give people the wrong idea esp with the repeal election going on lol

Gas showing up to the polling station wearing one of the yes yes yes or no no no Daniel Bryan shirts not realising it

All the posters re a referendum should be banned. The ones with the most money should not get advantage just because they saturate your environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

if I wear one of my Daniel Bryan t-shirts in public I'll give people the wrong idea esp with the repeal election going on lol

Gas showing up to the polling station wearing one of the yes yes yes or no no no Daniel Bryan shirts not realising it

Haha I've to retire my Necro Butcher "Choose Death" shirt for a while :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

DM_7 wrote: »
    All the posters re a referendum should be banned. The ones with the most money should not get advantage just because they saturate your environment.

Should be just banned in general, if you need a sign on a poll to help you make up your mind then should you really be voting

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I actually did this for the same sex marriage vote :p

OfFvKIc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ha, I hadn't realize the fun I can have with that shirt. Could they not get pissy about showing up to vote in a YES shirt, like from campaign laws and stuff?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ha, I hadn't realize the fun I can have with that shirt. Could they not get pissy about showing up to vote in a YES shirt, like from campaign laws and stuff?

Not on your person, but broadcasting it depends - the radio station where I worked you had to either give STRICT equal time to both sides, or steer clear of it entirely. Referendum day just announce that it's happening and don't say "yes" or "no" at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But then how do you play the Yes/No game some stations do?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And now I read that Verne Troyer has died. Mostly know for his role as Mini-Me

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But then how do you play the Yes/No game some stations do?

They probably got into shít for it and they wouldn't try it if it was around contract renewal time with the BAI! It also depends on who's funding it how cheeky they'd get. Afaik everyone's still under the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, even private/independent stations like 98FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I cant wait for it the referendum to be over. Im sick of listening to it. Ive my mind made up and wish both sides would just f-off.

Some of the tripe from both sides is just childish.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I cant wait for it the referendum to be over. Im sick of listening to it. Ive my mind made up and wish both sides would just f-off.

Some of the tripe from both sides is just childish.

I 2nd this statement, completely sick of it at this stage, and like yourself, I've my mind made up and no side of the argument is going to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i 3rd that statement.

not going to change my mind in the slightest and both sides need to stop the needless stuff on such an important issue

Well day made :D

31252926_2144852198858563_1947686148919247744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9303a4884bd851a83d374a0892f78dd3&oe=5B6388FA

Myles plays The Academy in Dublin the 5th of July.

• Advertisement

got my ticket for Incubus in the bord gais in septemeber

bringing me back to the my teen days

Advertisement