Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I cant wait for it the referendum to be over. Im sick of listening to it. Ive my mind made up and wish both sides would just f-off.

Some of the tripe from both sides is just childish.

There is now a Men4Yes campaign that sports stars are backing, already also has GAA for No campaign, just let it be over soon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    There is now a Men4Yes campaign that sports stars are backing, already also has GAA for No campaign, just let it be over soon

bobdolethesimpsons.gif

I just want my mini Irish Flag

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

OH MAN! I didn't know till yesterday but the West Wing Weekly podcast recorded an episode in Vicar street a few weeks ago. Gutted. I'd have loved to have seen Will, Toby and Joey live :( I'm a few weeks behind so only saw the Dublin episode was happening after it had happened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    OH MAN! I didn't know till yesterday but the West Wing Weekly podcast recorded an episode in Vicar street a few weeks ago. Gutted. I'd have loved to have seen Will, Toby and Joey live :( I'm a few weeks behind so only saw the Dublin episode was happening after it had happened :(

Wait there's a West Wing Weekly podcast? I'm off to sub to it right now...

Whats the podcast about.... the tv show?

• Advertisement

Whats the podcast about.... the tv show?

Yup, pulled this from their website.
    THE WEST WING WEEKLY is an episode-by-episode discussion of one of television’s most beloved shows, co-hosted by one of its stars, Joshua Malina, along with Hrishikesh Hirway of Song Exploder. We're a proud member of the Radiotopia podcast network, from PRX.

H/T to Lord TSC for actually posting that the podcast existed.. Now to dive back into one of my favourite ever TV shows.

Also for anyone interested, Clutch are aiming for a September release for their 12 studio album titled Book Of Bad Decisions.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wait there's a West Wing Weekly podcast? I'm off to sub to it right now...

Yeah, it's amazing. They do one episode a week, and get cast members on to chat about it as well. Joshua Malina has genuine insights and great chemistry when he gets people on (him and Bradley Whitford are great together). Sorkin himself has done a few episodes as well. They get loads of directors and set people too, as well as occasional special guests from the real world of politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Ric Flair appeared on Jimmy Fallon for Offset and Metro Boomin's live performance of the song Ric Flair Drip.
    Have loved this song with the last few weeks now, its a bonus that its wrestling related.
    The studio version is best if you want to hear the actual song though.

Ric Flair appeared on Jimmy Fallon for Offset and Metro Boomin's live performance of the song Ric Flair Drip.
    Have loved this song with the last few weeks now, its a bonus that its wrestling related.
    The studio version is best if you want to hear the actual song though.

Had a few days to let the studio version sink in, it's good, but was kinda expecting Ric Flair to drop some Wooo's, other than that good track...

• Advertisement

So Avengers: Infinity War
    from the minute the MARVEL STUDIOS title card without the usual orchestral score flashes on screen, it just gets right into it, picking up exactly where Thor: Ragnarok finished and doesn't let go

Best I can describe it, a roller-coaster of a film. Definitely gonna go see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dont knw much about club soccer but think if Liverpool score or dont conceed before the 15th Min than they have there final place

an early roma goal could spell trouble for them

And that's game, set & match for Liverpool.

I hope Real Madrid beat them later this month in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah but bad OG there to cause a bit of nerves

Tbh be amazed if Roma come back to win by enough and go to the final

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah but bad OG there to cause a bit of nerves

Tbh be amazed if Roma come back to win by enough and go to the final

I'll be surprised if Liverpool threw this away..

Then again Roma did overturn a 4-1 deficit to Barcelona..

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Not a Liverpool fan (Newcastle fan myself) but I hope Liverpool win the whole thing and have done for a while now. Klopp is a fantastic manager and they are the most exciting team to watch for better or for worse. Plus Madrid have gotten through on luck pretty much, the timewasting antics last night as well put me right off them, especially the cheek they had giving the ref stick for adding on time they wasted (Modric even grabbed the refs wrist at one stage when the 5 minute mark passed). Wouldn't mind seeing them get humbled in the final.

The thought of Liverpool winning it for a 6th time, while I'm sure it'd be great for the club, I have a few Liverpool aligned friends who will never shut up IF they do win the Champions League.

I've my flag firmly planted wanting Real to win it.

Roma's arrogance in the first match, refusing to adapt tactically for Liverpool's high press, cost them. They didn't deserve to go through further tbh.

Be interesting to see how Real do against Pool. Pool still let 5 goals in against Roma. Real could potentially carve them apart. Id say it will be a fantastically high scoring game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Delighted they're back in a major final. All season I've just been thinking sure ah well, they've reached this round, I'm happy enough with that. Then they get through and it happens all over again

Now they're in the final, and have a genuine chance of winning it

But Jesus Christ, are they far from perfect. How Lovren is even employed as a footballer, never mind in the starting 11, is beyond me. People go on and on about how good the attack is - except for when a team sits back and defends against them, my father and I say it every time that they have a better chance of beating better teams because they try to play as well, leaving gaps at the back.

But their defence can be appalling at times, especially when they're under pressure. Real could easily tear them to shreds in the final. I really hope not, but it is a very realistic possibility

Lovren vs Ronaldo, Jesus Christ that's a terrifying though :)

Virtanen wrote: »
    Delighted they're back in a major final. All season I've just been thinking sure ah well, they've reached this round, I'm happy enough with that. Then they get through and it happens all over again

Now they're in the final, and have a genuine chance of winning it

But Jesus Christ, are they far from perfect. How Lovren is even employed as a footballer, never mind in the starting 11, is beyond me. People go on and on about how good the attack is - except for when a team sits back and defends against them, my father and I say it every time that they have a better chance of beating better teams because they try to play as well, leaving gaps at the back.

But their defence can be appalling at times, especially when they're under pressure. Real could easily tear them to shreds in the final. I really hope not, but it is a very realistic possibility

Lovren vs Ronaldo, Jesus Christ that's a terrifying though :)

If someone told you before Liverpool played Hoffenheim in the plays off last August to get into the Champions League proper, that they'd be playing Real Madrid in the final 12 months later, you'd probably have brushed them off as crazy..

• Advertisement

Oh absolutely, if someone said they'd be eliminated in the Last 16, I'd have been satisfied with that

Not all Liverpool fans are as delusional as the majority seem to be :P

Oh absolutely, if someone said they'd be eliminated in the Last 16, I'd have been satisfied with that

Not all Liverpool fans are as delusional as the majority seem to be :P

As a Utd fan, I feel its just a minority of Liverpool fans a delusional..... a loud obnoxious minority.

Like all clubs, they have their idiots, most a realistic.

If only the Soccer forum was as diplomatic as this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

In a shop an hour ago and a group of children ask me,
    'Who do you support?'
    I reply, 'Limerick FC'.
    They answered, 'No, who do you support in proper soccer like Liverpool.'. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

In a shop an hour ago and a group of children ask me,
    'Who do you support?'
    I reply, 'Limerick FC'.
    They answered, 'No, who do you support in proper soccer like Liverpool.'. :D:D:D

I had the opposite of that in work today, asked a kid who his favourite team were and he said Dundalk. Obviously recent success plays a huge part here but the amount of kids ya see wearing Dundalk gear gives me hope for our future should we regress.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Costa costs Wenger any chance of a happy ending with Arsenal, also was Wenger’s 250th European match

If only the Soccer forum was as diplomatic as this :D

Its one of the reasons I dont be in it as much.

I do dip back in during the summer for transfer news....... it sucks me in

Its one of the reasons I dont be in it as much.

I do dip back in during the summer for transfer news....... it sucks me in

200.gif

:pac:

According to Myles Kennedy in an interview with Michigan's WRIF 101.1 FM radio station , the new Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album #3 "is in the can"
    We just finished a record. Actually, I just finished my vocals for that last week, so there's another record in the can. And it'll probably come out later this year.

Apparently due for release in September.

• Advertisement

For those who don't venture into the soccer forum..

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/992846759645925376
    Sir Alex Ferguson has undergone surgery today for a brain haemorrhage. The procedure has gone very well but he needs a period of intensive care to aid his recovery. His family request privacy in this matter.

Everyone at Manchester United sends our very best wishes.

Advertisement