Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    I usually pay little to no attention to all the horrible news in the world, or try to at least, but the Ana Kriegel stuff breaks my heart and makes me rage simultaneously.

It's fúcking hideous.

Yeah it's pretty sickening

The guy will prob be out before he's 21

3-0 at HT in Waterford

I'll take that, i must be the lucky charm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Irish Times exit poll shows a 68-32 win for Yes.

Even as a yes voter, that surprises me actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Wow, shocked if that's the prediction from the exit poll. Thought there was no chance of a yes vote never mind possibly getting a better result than the marriage equality vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wow, shocked if that's the prediction from the exit poll. Thought there was no chance of a yes vote never mind possibly getting a better result than the marriage equality vote.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/yes-vote-shows-overwhelming-desire-for-change-that-nobody-foresaw-1.3508879#.WwiAvv-pbhw.twitter

Yeah amazing. Read that if you can,its very heart warming.

I always expected yes to win, but was fearful of it living some bitterness if it over reliant on young people and affluent areas such as Dublin, Wicklow...

However it seems all age groups bar the over 65's who voted for yes. To be fair looks like 40% of that age group voted for repeal which is remarkable.

Also seems like repeal has done well in supposed no strongholds mainly thee west. Amazing.

• Advertisement

rte back up the Irish times, with a 69-31 result.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Wouldn't read into exit polls after Brexit and Trump but hopefully be right

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

PTH2009 wrote: »
    3-0 at HT in Waterford

I'll take that, i must be the lucky charm

They lost 6-3 when I went last week. I must be the unlucky charm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I thought it'd be about 60-40 as i hinted at in my last post but if those exit polls are accurrate then i must say I'm surprised. 70-30 is way more than I thought it wpuld be. Just goes to show, sometimes the loudest voice in the room does not account for the reality of the situation. I believe the polls before hand had even less yes votes, I think a lot of people were afraid of secret no voters but delighted to see that's not the case.

• Advertisement

Virtanen wrote: »
    They lost 6-3 when I went last week. I must be the unlucky charm :D

As a Limerick fan can we borrow you and make you our new club mascot/good luck charm :D. Injuries have ****ed us over big time, while other things have played a part the injuries have really kept our season grounded to a holt. Don't think we've ever had our strongest 11 starting a match this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

As a Limerick fan can we borrow you and make you our new club mascot/good luck charm :D. Injuries have ****ed us over big time, while other things have played a part the injuries have really kept our season grounded to a holt. Don't think we've ever had our strongest 11 starting a match this season.
    As a Cork fan it’s great to see one of our own in Cian Coleman tearing it up! More satisfying in the fact I used to coach him

MrMac84 wrote: »
    As a Cork fan it’s great to see one of our own in Cian Coleman tearing it up! More satisfying in the fact I used to coach him

Such a fantastic young player, one of the shining lights in a **** show of a season for us along with some of the other younger players that have performed well.

Can honestly see Coleman back at Cork next season, he's taken to the premier division like a fish to water and think working with Caulfield will do him the world of good. We'll be part time next season and would love Limerick to try and keep onto him whether it be by offering him a place in college or a job cause they won't have the money to keep him, Ellis is still here for next season unless his contract is cancelled so might be a positive in keeping Coleman that his buddy could here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Feel a bit sorry for Dolph Ziggler in goals for Liverpool tonight. Only a bit, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pentecost wrote: »
    Feel a bit sorry for Dolph Ziggler in goals for Liverpool tonight. Only a bit, mind.

Karius does look like Ziggler, he helped RM a great deal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mod note: Reminder to be respectful to your fellow boardsies. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

More Street Fighter related but new Street Fighter V ad featuring Kenny Omega as Cody and Xavier Woods on the phone

Don't know if anyone is watching Britains Got Talent but this happened tonight. During a magic act, a curtain was whipped away to reveal a stage hand behind the box, caught out of place during the trick.

4CC33E3E00000578-5788475-image-a-5_1527710139453.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not sure what to change to, but must be due for a thread title change at this point. Just noticed it's nearly 2 months old

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not sure what to change to, but must be due for a thread title change at this point. Just noticed it's nearly 2 months old

'Irish summer means rain and GAA'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone is watching Britains Got Talent but this happened tonight. During a magic act, a curtain was whipped away to reveal a stage hand behind the box, caught out of place during the trick.

4CC33E3E00000578-5788475-image-a-5_1527710139453.jpg

There was an act Monday where a girl was held up by one hand and I could see how fake the hand was

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    'Irish summer means rain and GAA'

State Exam & Great Weather season has arrived for the title.

Cause Junior & Leaving Cert exams start next Wednesday, and good weather usually comes around in the lead up to said exams starting.

That's my suggestion anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its politically incorrect thing to say today, but ****ing hell, I'd do anything for a few days of rain. I can't handle much more of this heat and aye I know first world problems.;)

Anyone ever watch Ally Law on YouTube ???

He bacisally does challenges in which he trespasses into places and climbs roofs etc

He always plays innocent

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagHkTCCSbohFMJln7JYqMQ

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its politically incorrect thing to say today, but ****ing hell, I'd do anything for a few days of rain. I can't handle much more of this heat and aye I know first world problems.;)

The weather has screwed up my eye.
    Happened this time last year too, but as soon as the heat started, my eye has gone all blood shot. Went to the Doc today who said there not much I can do, but it looks utterly terrible. Told me not to go out between 12 and 3 if possible.

I'd kill for rain and a little less sun :P

Yeah, I'd definitely welcome some rainy days..

Given my work schedule, going to sleep when it's nice out, it's a pain in hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd take the sun every day as long as there is a bit of a breeze with it.

Feck the dead heat. Energy sapping and oh so sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hi guys,

You guys may know me from posting waffle in here from time to time, but I also am a pretty big wheel over in the cracker factory the Forum Games forum. We have a new game of Werewolf starting in almost 3 weeks time.

For those unaware of Werewolf, a quick link is here explaining how it works and whats involved :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789174

We usually have one game at least a month, and each game usually has a theme (We have had Back to the Future, Star Wars and WWE games for example)

Our latest game is game 28 and has an Eastenders theme. It begins Sunday June 24th and the sign up thread is here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057873993

Join up for a game of twists and turns as Werewolf hits Walford.

Any questions? Sure just pop me a PM or replyif you like. Hope you can make it. Our own Necrominus got me hooked over a year ago and I hope to do the same to some of you.

Beakerjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hi guys,

You guys may know me from posting waffle in here from time to time, but I also am a pretty big wheel over in the cracker factory the Forum Games forum. We have a new game of Werewolf starting in almost 3 weeks time.

For those unaware of Werewolf, a quick link is here explaining how it works and whats involved :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789174

We usually have one game at least a month, and each game usually has a theme (We have had Back to the Future, Star Wars and WWE games for example)

Our latest game is game 28 and has an Eastenders theme. It begins Sunday June 24th and the sign up thread is here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057873993

Join up for a game of twists and turns as Werewolf hits Walford.

Any questions? Sure just pop me a PM or replyif you like. Hope you can make it. Our own Necrominus got me hooked over a year ago and we hope to do the same to some of you.

Beakerjoe

• Advertisement

^^^ Would love to able to play, but due to other commitments, I wouldn't be able to commit to what is no doubt a fun game.

Damn being a responsible adult....

Advertisement