Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** man working out in this heat is tough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Will gladly convert to any religion in exchange for some rain.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would you even convert to Donegalism? We've had some up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its not even that hot out, are yad mad? Barely gettin a tan here in dublin. Appreciate the good weather lads

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its not even that hot out, are yad mad? Barely gettin a tan here in dublin. Appreciate the good weather lads

I get your point, but I just can't handle heat and where I live is its warm all year even during the winter so the last few days have been horrible. Literally just drinking water and eating magnums regularly.

And yes I know the above is first world problems personified. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Spare a thought for us Irish who experience real heat... bodies not built for it.

If enough PW folk got into WW i'd be suggesting a yearly WWE themed game slot into the calendar ala the Draft (in it's January timeslot) but I think that would be far too ambitious. To anyone partially interested it's better than you'd think and don't worry about feeling like you don't know whats going on at first that's part of the fun and to be expected so wouldn't be held against you too much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Spare a thought for us Irish who experience real heat... bodies not built for it.

If enough PW folk got into WW i'd be suggesting a yearly WWE themed game slot into the calendar ala the Draft (in it's January timeslot) but I think that would be far too ambitious. To anyone partially interested it's better than you'd think and don't worry about feeling like you don't know whats going on at first that's part of the fun and to be expected so wouldn't be held against you too much.

I'd be happy to run or assist in the running of that yearly slot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Werewolf: Royal Rumble Edition! :P

15 wrestlers in the ring, trying to figure out who needs to be thrown over the top rope next!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Werewolf: Royal Rumble Edition! :P

15 wrestlers in the ring, trying to figure out who needs to be thrown over the top rope next!

:pac: I have just booked the January slot as well :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I would definitely be down as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:)
    This @FBI agent was dancing at a Denver bar on Saturday night. Did a back flip, gun falls. He picks it up and a round is fired, hitting a man (he’ll be ok.) @DenverPolice investigating. #9News

https://twitter.com/RyanHaarer/status/1003084052226822153

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sat on the train heading home after LCD Soundsystem in Malahide. Think it's going straight into my top 5 gigs which is impressive since they're already in my top 2 from electric picnic years ago :P

Anyway, just wondering what would yis say the best concert you've been to is?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Great day for it, Ireland and out door gigs are such a gamble when you buy the tickets. Nearly every out door gig I have been to it lashed!
    Best gig I've been to was Nas on the Hip Hop is Dead tour in the Tripod. Can't remember what year, was class. The DJ did a medley of Jump Around and Bloody Sunday, place went bananas!

Been to way too many gigs to pick out a favourite one and try not to compare them to each other

Seeing a band/bands you grew up listening too is always speical (Metallica, u2, Guns N Roses, Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden)

For those concerts you go to in which you only know a few songs is good and u may become a big fan afterwards (for me Fleetwood Mac, Rush, Foreigner, Bryan Adams, Aerosmith to name but a few)

There's a few concerts you go to in which there good but prob a once in your lifetime thing and you'd be meh about seeing them again. (Journey, RHCP, Madness, The Darkness, Queen to name a few)

First overseas concert is an unreal experience. Motley Crue/Alice Cooper in the Manchester Arena in 2015 was my first overseas concert. Since then I've seen Stone Roses, Guns N Roses and Metallica overseas. In 2 weeks I'll be seeing Pearl Jam (London) and Foo Fighters (Manchester) in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

GN'R @ Slane Castle last May was the best I've been to. Purely for the HOLY **** factor of seeing Slash & Axl on the same stage, was a marvelous show, think it stopped drizzling just before they came out on stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was looking for a Groucho Marx video and as tends to happen, I went down a Groucho rabbit hole and found this one. An episode of What's My Line where contestants have to guess what a person's job is. At about the 12:30 mark, Pro wrestler Judy Grable comes out. Was funny stuff, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Any of you guys got a wrestling belt at home?

Toying with the idea of picking up one, every part of me screams do it except the super sensible part of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I have this one

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/wwe-wrestling/wwe-wrestling-range/wwe-world-heavyweight-championship-collectible-title-belt/p/165743

It looks the part, is almost if not the full size, and most importantly is significantly cheaper than the metal or even Commemorative versions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Any of you guys got a wrestling belt at home?

Toying with the idea of picking up one, every part of me screams do it except the super sensible part of me

I've a full size replica of the World Heavyweight Title. Picked it up at a merch stand in the stadium at Wrestlemania 26.

I've got the World Heavyweight Title, Cena spinner title and the CW title adorning the top of my bookshelves. I love them though yeah, probably not the best investments.

Though you do forget that when you play theme music on a loudspeaker and walk round posing with all the titles....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The wife was less than happy with Big Gerry B today.

2 young fellas got up this morning, blocked the sink in the en suite in our bedroom, and flooded the place. All the water soaked down through the floor and into the sitting room below.

She was gone to work while I was panned asleep. Regret staying up for Punk's UFC fight even more now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

happy birthday mate! What were they going for in the en suite?! Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've got the World Heavyweight Title, Cena spinner title and the CW title adorning the top of my bookshelves. I love them though yeah, probably not the best investments.

Though you do forget that when you play theme music on a loudspeaker and walk round posing with all the titles....

The big gold is the one I'm looking at

Swear 90% of the reason I'm doing it is so I can dress up as Ric Flair for Halloween, with the other 10% being able to do the Triple H spit pose with the title as well :D

Exam results tomorrow so I can excuse the purchase if there's good results :pac:

Waterford hurlers out of the championship for 2018 :(:(:(. One of those things in life and all you can do is look forward. We still have too play Cork next weekend and hopefully the team go out and give a good account of themselves

Off to London/Manchester next Monday 18th June for Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters. Travelling alone for London and have my day planned out. Going to go on the cable car to the o2, go on the boat taxi up the thames and back for Pearl Jam. Hotel is next door to the Cable Car station so handy enough. Foo Fighters will also be pretty good i reckon. To make life better i then have Billy Joel in Dublin on the 23rd June. Not much planned for Summer after that bar the Goldberg thing and an Aslan show at home :o. Sick of the sun already so have to plan other things bar going to GAA for my summer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just curious is there many NFL fans here lurking in the PW forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I casually follow it, like scores and recaps, wouldn't have to patience to sit through an entire game, cause of the damn ad breaks...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I casually follow it, like scores and recaps, wouldn't have to patience to sit through an entire game, cause of the damn ad breaks...

I recommend Redzone for you. It’s all of the best
    Bits with less of the ads.

Loughc wrote: »
    Just curious is there many NFL fans here lurking in the PW forum?

Don't have the patience but I'm always keep informed of NFL results through Social media,WWE, American shows etc

I try and watch the superbowl

Few of my mates are made into it

Love American football when I do watch but I never know where to even start getting into it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Huge fan. The NFL forum is very active on here if people want to get more into the sport

Advertisement