Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Love American football when I do watch but I never know where to even start getting into it properly.

I love American football too. I don’t have a team, and certainly I want to get into it more. It’s hard to find other people in Ireland that are into it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

paulie21 wrote: »
    Huge fan. The NFL forum is very active on here if people want to get more into the sport

Yea I post there the odd time too. I’ve only properly gotten into American football in the past 2-3 years now so I always feel out of my depth in the American football forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Loughc wrote: »
    I recommend Redzone for you. It’s all of the best
    Bits with less of the ads.

Without Redzone I'd have been lost last season, the one time the Rams have a good season and work gets in the way of football season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Love American Football, started paying loose attention to it a few years ago but mad into it now. Redzone is a great way to get into it at first, its free on Sky Sports Mix too. I also love Last Chance U on Netflix, it's a documentary following a college football team & really entertaining.

I too read the forum a lot although I never comment in it.

The only problem for me is that I'm a Jets fan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Watch Redzone most weeks when it's on and I've bought 2 or 3 of the last few Maddens. Oddly enough though, I don't actually have a team.

I kinda root for the Eagles but that's only because of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Go Birds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I keep meaning to try watching a match since watching the Friday Night Lights series

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ray Finkle and the Miami Dolpgins , amirite?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ray Finkle and the Miami Dolpgins , amirite?

thats why there my NFL team

If Loruis Karius doesnt come back as a Liverpool Detective Lois Einhorn, then its a missed opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Let's play a game

Turn on the radio app on ur phone and type in a random country and listen to a few stations

Listening to a few South African stations, odd mix of music I have to say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Looking at BigBallerBrand.Com, a brand made by Lavar Ball who’s the father of LA Laker’s Lonzo Ball, a perfect example of just whacking a name on something and charging crazy money just because you can ($50-$60 for a T-Shirt).

Any other examples? I know Ric Flair has his own website with dear gear, Hulk Hogan has always highly valued himself and those are only wrestling examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Looking at BigBallerBrand.Com, a brand made by Lavar Ball who’s the father of LA Laker’s Lonzo Ball, a perfect example of just whacking a name on something and charging crazy money just because you can ($50-$60 for a T-Shirt).

Any other examples? I know Ric Flair has his own website with dear gear, Hulk Hogan has always highly valued himself and those are only wrestling examples.
    The first one that springs to mind is Beats br Dre. Horrible, cheap, mediocre headphones, manufactured for a few dollars and sold for a fortune

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

McGregor and his notorious whiskey / suits / whatever else will be just that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The first one that springs to mind is Beats br Dre. Horrible, cheap, mediocre headphones, manufactured for a few dollars and sold for a fortune

Agreed, tried a pair on a couple of years ago to see what all the fuss was about, pair of €20/30 headphones work just as well..

But ya gotta give it up to Dre, he saw and opportunity and he bought in and it reaped dividends for him...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saw Flight of the Conchords in Dublin tonight. God, I love the duo, and it was incredible actually seein them live. Really fun.

Delighted for Iceland grabbing a point today, love a plucky underdog team putting it up to a more glamorous rival.

Their keeper is now the equivalent of Packie Bonner after saving a peno from Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Saw Flight of the Conchords in Dublin tonight. God, I love the duo, and it was incredible actually seein them live. Really fun.

Was there as well! They were amazing, lots of new songs, banter between them is great. They handled any (pleasant) heckling very well too. Devastated I didn't get to see them in the Olympia years ago so couldn't miss this one. Hilarious lads

Mark Tremonti and his solo band roll into Dublin on July 3rd for a show in The Academy. And on the back of A Dying Machine (fantastic album), kinda curious to read the novel accompanying said album when it's released :D

Damn English and there stupid money

You can't use this note, has to be a new one etc

There's a new English bank note? Since when?

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There's a new English bank note? Since when?

Not sure

Its stupid why some places in England won't take Scottish sterling

Sterling is really strange. There are new Bank of England fivers and, I think, tenners with the old ones no longer being accepted. Same with the pound coins.
    In the North you can use any sterling from any bank, but in England, it usually has to be Bank of England

Travelling can be so tiring

Mon- Bus to Dublin Airport, fly out to London. Tubes to and back all day

Tues- up 6am and get to Euston station. Diffent tubes and then travel by Train to Manchester. In Manchester had to get trains and stuff to/back from hotel. Then had to to walk back to grab a from the Etihad Stadium to city centre, more trams

Weds- up 7am tram and taxi to Airport. Fly back to Dublin (child screaming on the plane for half the journey). Then 3.5 hr bus back to Waterford

Was like an anti Christ last night and the worst thing i can't sleep on transport. Survived though but it's tough going

Very hard to pick a winner of the world cup. 90% of the teams have been good and bad and some have been playing ****e teams so far (Belgium, England)

France to win it for me I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sterling is really strange. There are new Bank of England fivers and, I think, tenners with the old ones no longer being accepted. Same with the pound coins.
    In the North you can use any sterling from any bank, but in England, it usually has to be Bank of England

Yeah you can often get stung with places in England not accepting NI or Scottish printed sterling. It's kinda bizarre.

**** me pink Dental care is expensive

Went for a checkup last week and told have to get a lot of fillings/extractions. Got 2 fillings today along with the gas (need it as I have a bad gag reflux) €275 and still have 3 sessions to go at a similar price

Have no option but to spread it out don't make enough to justify paying in quick succession

Just over the boundary for the medical card

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bout 18 months ago, I went to a dentist and they told me I needed 4 fillings. And they didn't take a medical card. I had been going for years, and kept with them, even when I got the medical card cause I liked them, but that was going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Went to a place in town that took medical cards, and they said the other crowd were having a laugh; at best, I needed two.

Dentistry is so bloody expensive.

Bout 18 months ago, I went to a dentist and they told me I needed 4 fillings. And they didn't take a medical card. I had been going for years, and kept with them, even when I got the medical card cause I liked them, but that was going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Went to a place in town that took medical cards, and they said the other crowd were having a laugh; at best, I needed two.

Dentistry is so bloody expensive.

I bet they will prob do the teeth that are not causing pain and leave the ones causing the most pain til last

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sorry to hear that TSC. Worrying if health professionals are cowboys isn't something you should have to worry about. Glad you're getting it sorted man. Hope you can put most of it on your Medical Card!

• Advertisement

I think I'm over 2 years late for my appointment. Don't like going for a number of reasons:
    1. Cost
    2. Worried about what will have to be done
    3. Feels like they're giving out to me or disappointed in me. :(

Advertisement