Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

My Sister is my dental hygienist. Can't visit without feeling like I've the worst teeth in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very hard to pick a winner of the world cup. 90% of the teams have been good and bad and some have been playing ****e teams so far (Belgium, England)

France to win it for me I think

Germany out :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nearly been a week since Vinnie Paul (Pantera, Damageplan & Hellyeah) passed away at the age of 54.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got an extraction and 2 fillings today in the dentist

in agony atm and have to take anti biotics and pain killers so no drink for the next week. mouth is still numb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

got an extraction and 2 fillings today in the dentist

in agony atm and have to take anti biotics and pain killers so no drink for the next week. mouth is still numb

Apparently (and i never knew this until recently), its perfectly safe to drink with some antibiotics

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Apparently (and i never knew this until recently), its perfectly safe to drink with some antibiotics

The ones im on are not

metronidazole flagyl

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The ones im on are not

metronidazole flagyl

Trying to figure out if that's the drugs you're on or just you typing while drugged

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Trying to figure out if that's the drugs you're on or just you typing while drugged

The drugs I'm on are called metronidazole flagyl

Made a balls of the last comment lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Feck this heat...

"Oh stop moaning, we only get this for a few days a year!"

Good! Give me cold and grey skies over this bullshìt. 22-23 degrees with a summer breeze? Beautiful.

This 30 degree with no wind bullshìt? No thanks.

It's much too warm. I really don't want to complain about good weather. But this is like hell on Earth. We Irish aren't cut out for this craic at all.

Got about 3hrs sleep last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, it's easier to get warmer in bed on a cold night than it is to get cooler on a hot night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I love life ha

*hic*

Why? Here's why...

I love life ha

*hic*

Why? Here's why...

Mayo out of the football ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ah lads the heats class!! I’ve a couple of fans in the house and sleep perfectly fine. Can’t believe people wouldn’t take that heat a few months of the year!

Yes that's exactly what I was responding to.

Damn 7.41 here... I need sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

As a Kildare man what a match what a night

I have zero interest in GAA, but God damn, if I don't take pleasure in seeing Mayo out.

Every year the same thing with their supporters. I work in Mayo. I came into work one morning to find my entire workspace had been decorated in red / green tinsel and bunting. The canteen used to be destroyed in red / green flags, and the canteen staff would be wearing the jersey's and looing like the banshee. Let them loo now.

I don't mind Mayo Tbh, losing so many All Ireland Finals with some by 1 point is heartbreaking

Feels so odd here in Waterford with us out of the Hurling championship already. Not a fan of this new calender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

It’s because Limerick won and Cork City lost.
    Munster’s Blue & White.

World cup final 2018

Uruguay/France/Brazil/Mexico/Belgium or Japan
    Vs
    Russia/Croatia/Sweden/Switzerland/Colombia or England

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's been a really great World Cup, so to know one of the Sub-tier one teams will make it to the finals is awesome.

World cup final 2018

Uruguay/France/Brazil/Mexico/Belgium or Japan
    Vs
    Russia/Croatia/Sweden/Switzerland/Colombia or England

I'll go out on a limb & guess Belgium/Columbia final.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll go out on a limb & guess Belgium/Columbia final.

Brazil vs England final with Brazil hammering England

Sky sports news will lose there **** at the prospect of England making the final

Brazil vs England final with Brazil hammering England

Sky sports news will lose there **** at the prospect of England making the final

And this is the exact reason I want Columbia to beat England, Sky Sports & the BBC would be unbearable (not that they aren't already) if England reached the final 2 weeks today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

If it weren't for the insufferable fans and pundits, I honestly would like to see England do well, so I'm a bit conflicted on whether to support them or not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

For the love of everything, this sun needs to **** right off. Sleep, work all unbearable. When it rains again and it cant come soon enough, hope it does not step for at least 7 months. :P

The English media and fans can go overboard, but to be fair many nations do go over the top when doing well at world cups. We got quite cocky in the rugby world cup in 2015 and in 2011 also iirc.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    For the love of everything, this sun needs to **** right off. Sleep, work all unbearable. When it rains again and it cant come soon enough, hope it does not step for at least 7 months. :P

The English media and fans can go overboard, but to be fair many nations do go over the top when doing well at world cups. We got quite cocky in the rugby world cup in 2015 and in 2011 also iirc.

Guessing you work nights hence wanting the sunshine to F right off?
    Have done nights before, it's not pleasant coming home to sleep when it's getting nice outside.

Virtanen wrote: »
    If it weren't for the insufferable fans and pundits, I honestly would like to see England do well, so I'm a bit conflicted on whether to support them or not

I went to university in England so have loads of English mates on social media and it's interesting how their tone has changed since playing themselves down early on. Most posts now (despite them having only beating the mighty Tunisia & Panama so far) seem to be all the big teams are out... maybe football is coming home.

Personally I think Columbia will knock them out. They could get through though and they are on the better side of the draw as they would have probably as much of a chance again vs Croatia/Russia. Best I could see them doing is the Semi final.

I actually predicted the last two world cup winning teams, Spain after they lost their opening game and Germany before the competition (I was living there at the time) but couldn't call this one. Now I'd be leaning towards France but it's not one for the favourites

oh and feck off with yer annoyance at the sun. Even on the days when they think it'll rain here atm it's expected to be hotter than Ireland ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I have 20 quid on Colombia knocking England out. There's a fair few in that England side that I wouldn't trust under pressure, especially at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Guessing you work nights hence wanting the sunshine to F right off?
    Have done nights before, it's not pleasant coming home to sleep when it's getting nice outside.

Its all over the place my hours. The place I live in is normally warm enough most of the year so at this moment in time its unbearable.

I like how the hot weather seems to improve the mood of so many and it can be fun when out in it, eating some ice cream chatting, but overall I'd like it to be over soon.

Life and soul of the party me:)

England win tonight btw lads.

Advertisement