Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its all over the place my hours. The place I live in is normally warm enough most of the year so at this moment in time its unbearable.

I like how the hot weather seems to improve the mood of so many and it can be fun when out in it, eating some ice cream chatting, but overall I'd like it to be over soon.

Life and soul of the party me:)

England win tonight btw lads.

It can mess with people's minds too lol

Yeah England will scrape through tonight and sky/bbc will lose there minds

Interesting that 4 teams from the Euro qualifers playoffs have made it through to the last 16 with 2 of them getting to the QFs. To think many of us here thought we would beat Denmark last Nov.

We of course have to play Denmark and Wales in this nations league thing in Sep/Oct/Nov before the euro 2020 qualifers draw (which is taking place in Dublin in Dec)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think England are looking beyond Colombia and will lose tonight as a result.

God help us if they win. 3 Lines on They Shahts will be blaring

why do i buy so many tshirts at events and jerseys lol

going through all my stuff today and have so many but i cant stop myself buying a shirt at stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    why do i buy so many tshirts at events and jerseys lol

going through all my stuff today and have so many but i cant stop myself buying a shirt at stuff

I bought a mystery bag at LCD soundsystem this summer so I know where you're coming from.

My strangest jersey is definitely the St Mirren one I bought for €8 on sports direct just so I could get free delivery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have a Sapiens tshirt that I can't really wear out. Got it as a mystery tee from Qwertee

sapiens.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gareth Southgate over his penalty hell as England progress after beating Colombia on penalties

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gareth Southgate over his penalty hell as England progress after beating Colombia on penalties

Actually glad they won

Columbia were a bunch of fouling bastards

Think this could be the makings of this England team. Hard too knw how Sweden will play against them the next day, I'd say Ibram is going mad hes not out there with them

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

That last kick was dodgy, think they deserved it over the whole game. Columbia were some shower 2nd half. Be amazed if England get to the final, but jaysus they have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

nazmoalex wrote: »
    That last kick was dodgy, think they deserved it over the whole game. Columbia were some shower 2nd half. Be amazed if England get to the final, but jaysus they have a chance.

I don't mind this England team to be honest. Southgate is likeable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had dinner tonight sitting beside one of the lads from Culture Club. Not sure which one. But Boy George and them were preforming next door in Orlando, and he popped in for dinner before hand. Utterly wasted on me, but Mom was excited :P

• Advertisement

Don't let B.A. Baracus hear you say that. Everyone knows he loves Boy George and do you really want to hurt him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't let B.A. Baracus hear you say that. Everyone knows he loves Boy George and do you really want to hurt him?

not as much as he loves his momma

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I find it funny the whole calling the Colombian players a shower etc etc yet the English players get away with being completely worse with their diving and play acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I find it funny the whole calling the Colombian players a shower etc etc yet the English players get away with being completely worse with their diving and play acting.

Dele Ali should have been shown red for absolutely taking the piss when he got subbed off. Was it really necessary for him to *slowly walk around the pitch, high fiving everyone of his team mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lingard and Maguire did blatant dives in the box. Maguire then got praised by plenty since he told the ref "No foul" when he only did that because his dive was so pathetically bad in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Henderson was headbutted in the chest and went down like he was shot and he wasn't headbutted that hard although that was a red card card offence not a yellow so the Colombian player was lucky.

However when he actually headbutted a Colombian player later in the game there was no mention of it.

Maguire just didn't want to get booked for his dive.

Young went in two footed and should have gone yet won the free because of his play acting pretending he was tackled.

The ref gave everything to England in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've noticed people struggling with these a lot on this forum. Here is a handy guide if you ever find yourself getting mixed up.

[IMG][/img]there-their-theyre-difference.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What about dare?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mix that one up and dare's no help for you.

Oh... wait. :pac:

DM_7 wrote: »
    What about dare?

0518b7ca0f94fc07747d7215f9b68469.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah, your making a big deal out of it. Dunno what you're point is.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've noticed people struggling with these a lot on this forum. Here is a handy guide if you ever find yourself getting mixed up.

Yep! What really gets up my nose is "Would of" and "could of" which don't exist. It's would've (would have) and could've (could have).

I wish they would've beaten these common grammatical errors out of us as children!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yep! What really gets up my nose is "Would of" and "could of" which don't exist. It's would've (would have) and could've (could have).

I wish they would've beaten these common grammatical errors out of us as children!

You're right. I should of put a picture up with that on it also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Omackeral wrote: »
    You're right. I should of put a picture up with that on it also.

Yes, you should ov.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

jaykhunter wrote: »

Must of is another one from the same family. I saw a guy use that in an email at work and I was very surprised given his education and professional background.

Which reminds me, “I seen” and “I done”...grr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

People who say they did something "on accident" is the one that gets me

Also, this is why Weird Al is a genius:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Unless it's a student of mine none of these bother me tbh

On here or similar places I'll probably make lots of little mistakes but half the time that's because of auto complete/ fill and typing too fast. If I'm writing something for work or whilst trying to make a good impression I will take more time, avoid using my phone and avoid such mistakes.

Don't think any of you are but grammar natzis (especially online) are far more annoying than people making stupid mistakes imo. If I spend my time making a cogent point in a post and someone responds only to tell my I typed their instead of there my opinion of them may drop a little while it won't if I were the one to spot a similar mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll go out on a limb & guess Belgium/Columbia final.

Well I'm ALMOST half right..

England are getting to the final I feel and it would not surprise me if they win it

It's prob the closest someone from the Irish and British isles that will get to the final in this day and age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Only for I'll win €300 if France win, I would love to see any of England, Belguim or Croatia win. One of the most enjoyable world cups in a long while.

Advertisement