Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I don't mind who wins it, but would like Croatia to win mostly if pushed.

I do find at times people in Ireland can be very small time regarding England, yep they get carried away, but every nation does in these scenarios.

We will probably be unbearable if were ever to win a world cup. :o

Also what a tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Rjd2 wrote: »

I do find at times people in Ireland can be very small time regarding England, yep they get carried away, but every nation does in these scenarios.

Also what a tune.

And the same people will be cheering for United, Liverpool, City or Spurs come August, which makes you laugh really. Before I laughed when England got knocked out but it was more because they thought they had a God given right to just show up and win, had the superstar players and highly paid foreign managers.

There's something likeable about this England side in that apart from Harry Kane I don't think any other player would make one of the top European teams and Southgate seems like a nice chap whose there because he loves his country and probably not on mega money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I love that song. There, I said it.

We should relate to it as well. It's about being miserable because the team is crap and everyone badmouths them but you still hold on to the that little bit of hope that they will do something great.

Belgium is my first choice but I wouldn't mind England doing it. Belgium or England ahead of that Griezmann anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm just apathetic towards the English national team..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Belgium for Lukaku and a Fellaini
    France for Pogba
    England for Lingard, Young and Jones.

Other than Crotatia, I'm happy with any of the three :)

• Advertisement

Myles Kennedy covering Iron Maiden from his gig in Dublin on Thursday..

I hope he comes back for another solo gig, had to miss the one on Thursday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone but England, anyone shouting for them would want to have a look at themselves and be happy for one of the three other countries instead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone but England, anyone shouting for them would want to have a look at themselves

Just had a look at myself and

16c2dm0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rjd2 wrote: »

Also what a tune.

Does England have any WC song this year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Anyone but England, anyone shouting for them would want to have a look at themselves and be happy for one of the three other countries instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Find them fairly likeable this time around. No primadonnas, no WAGs, good guy manager. After the Sweden game, Kane said ''we're taking this one match at a time.'' Harry Maguire was asked ''Is football coming home?'' and he sheepishly said ''I hope so.'' There's been no acting the bollox over there with their fans, the media has been pretty tongue in cheek with the #ItsComingHome stuff and all in all they're just more palateable.

Also, France literally cheated to deny us a spot at the World Cup, why be happy for them?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Find them fairly likeable this time around. No primadonnas, no WAGs, good guy manager. After the Sweden game, Kane said ''we're taking this one match at a time.'' Harry Maguire was asked ''Is football coming home?'' and he sheepishly said ''I hope so.'' There's been no acting the bollox over there with their fans, the media has been pretty tongue in cheek with the #ItsComingHome stuff and all in all they're just more palateable.

Also, France literally cheated to deny us a spot at the World Cup, why be happy for them?

It's been 9 years, are people still holding onto that ghost?

And Karma dealt with France when they imploded and subsequently eliminated at the group stages of the 2010 World Cup.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's been 9 years, are people still holding onto that ghost?

Not really but it's far more relevant than anything England have done this century to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On the way back home from Marlay Park

Great day with the Darkness, Boomtown rats and Queen+Adam Lambert playing

Only know of Boomtown rats cause of Bob Geldolf and I don't like Mondays but my god they were great and Bob is actually a better and a more energetic front man than I imagined

Spend a fortune the last 2 years on events but I work for hard for it. Next up is Goldberg in the Tivoli next Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder are Skinner & Baddiel and the Lightning Seeds recording another version right now for the semi final.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wonder are Skinner & Baddiel and the Lightning Seeds recording another version right now for the semi final.

Why bother the royalities they must be getting from the original must be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Has V1 tried Wreckfest yet? Love to see him have a go at streaming that game.

Anyone reading the current AMA??

Anyone reading the current AMA??

Yeah very interesting and Simon seems like a decent guy

Thinking today 2018 is going to be sum Reeling in the years episode and there will deff be a lengthy segment about the crazy weather this year. From storms to Snow to a heatwave. I wonder what 2018 song will be the soundtrack

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder what 2018 song will be the soundtrack

Obviously...

• Advertisement

It's probably being asked already, but has anyone got good websites for wrestling t-shirts, besides prowrestlingtees.com.

France deserved it and it's nice for them to have something to cheer for after the terror attacks a few years ago (nice for Belgium too getting to the semis)

England too do it 2morrow I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ill never forgive France for Henrys shenanigans.

Croatia or bust for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    France deserved it and it's nice for them to have something to cheer for after the terrior attacks a few years ago (nice for Belgium too getting to the semis)

England too do it 2morrow I feel

I might end up in hell for this but that's now my favourite typo ever.

France were excellent tonight it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

beakerjoe wrote: »

Croatia or bust for me

Well at least Henry got knocked out tonight.

Would love Croatia to take the English on penos tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

beakerjoe wrote: »

Croatia or bust for me

Never forgive, never forget.

I might end up in hell for this but that's now my favourite typo ever.

France were excellent tonight it must be said.

https://goo.gl/images/rkeHaX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Croatia on spotters be great tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's probably being asked already, but has anyone got good websites for wrestling t-shirts, besides prowrestlingtees.com.

Wondering the same myself, sick of expensive wwe t shirts with stupid writing on the back of them

• Advertisement

Wondering the same myself, sick of expensive wwe t shirts with stupid writing on the back of them

I only ever had 2 WWE t-shirts, and that was a decade ago, have a Bullet Club one, but the total price on prowrestlingtees.com kinda put me off, wait and see if I can find a website based in England or Ireland.

Advertisement