Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No sleeves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,823 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmm.

Bout 2 months ago, I sent in a Pokemon deck box to sell on Amazon. Just one.

I noticed that my seller dashboard a few days back was saying I had 60 available to sell.

Got on to Amazon, explained that had to be wrong, and they must have made a mistake. They responded that no, they checked my inventory in their warehouse, and there's 60 of them sitting in my section. I did repeat myself they weren't mine, but their attitude is no one else has come looking for them, they don't want them, so I've got 60 of them to sell now.

Like, I'm not complaining, but somewhere out there, there's a guy who lost 59 Pokemon deck boxes and doesn't know where they went....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

cena wrote: »
    Long or short sleeved shirt for a wedding on friday

Long. It’s a formal occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

My 2,000th post so I’ll mark it with a quote:

‘We battered them, we hit the crossbar’ - Stephen Bradley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My 2,000th post so I’ll mark it with a quote:

‘We battered them, we hit the crossbar’ - Stephen Bradley.

Pathetic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

You forgot to mention "the project"

You forgot to mention "the project"
    Another brilliant quote from him not too long ago when he was on about the prospect of signing Dylan Watts he said something along the lines of how he has ‘done well with a struggling team’.
    That struggling team has gotten 7 points off of Rovers.

I don’t actually hate Rovers, I like them and posted on the LOI thread about how they’re the biggest club around in my eyes, but Bradley is just comedic gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Conor McGregor had his day in court in Brooklyn.

Per Ariel Helwani.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1022476451742982147

A bad loss to Rovers for us in Waterford last weekend bridging the gap between us in 3rd and Rovers in 4th to 4pts with 10 league games remaining

Big game tomorrow night away to Limerick

Be great for Waterford to get to Europe and we could still do it in 4th if we win the FAI Cup or one of the top 3 win it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So Conor McGregor had his day in court in Brooklyn.

Per Ariel Helwani.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1022476451742982147

So now they can finally book his next fight.

UFC 229 Oct 6th in Vegas the mooted date. Nurmagomedov's has a UFC Q&A scheduled for tomorrow so you can bet that will be (would have been anyway) the talking point and I would not be surprised if they finally admit that talks are at least on going

So now they can finally book his next fight.

UFC 229 Oct 6th in Vegas the mooted date. Nurmagomedov's has a UFC Q&A scheduled for tomorrow so you can bet that will be (would have been anyway) the talking point and I would not be surprised if they finally admit that talks are at least on going

Well apparently talks seem to happening, if you believe Conor's manager, again via Ariel Helwani

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1022500720224940034

So UFC 229 in October could be possible..

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A bad loss to Rovers for us in Waterford last weekend bridging the gap between us in 3rd and Rovers in 4th to 4pts with 10 league games remaining

Big game tomorrow night away to Limerick

Be great for Waterford to get to Europe and we could still do it in 4th if we win the FAI Cup or one of the top 3 win it

Shams only a point behind after tonight and Derry just four points off, gonna be a tight one for the European places this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How to tell when there'll be crap weather in the evening/night: There will be a rare event taking place in the night sky.

Shams only a point behind after tonight and Derry just four points off, gonna be a tight one for the European places this season.

Yeah not happy with tonights result. Really should be winning against Limerick

Rovers right back in it now and they face Dundalk next but won't be next weekend as Dundalk play in Europe. We are at home to Cork City with Derry facing Sligo. If results go there way St Pats could end up back in it and it will be a tight finish for 3rd/4th/5th and 6th

Waterfords hope is finish 4th and one of the top 3 wins the Cup or we win it and we get a European spot

Derry vs Waterford on the 17th Aug will be huge

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah not happy with tonights result. Really should be winning against Limerick

Rovers right back in it now and they face Dundalk next but won't be next weekend as Dundalk play in Europe. We are at home to Cork City with Derry facing Sligo. If results go there way St Pats could end up back in it and it will be a tight finish for 3rd/4th/5th and 6th

Waterfords hope is finish 4th and one of the top 3 wins the Cup or we win it and we get a European spot

Derry vs Waterford on the 17th Aug will be huge

Think Waterford have been found out a bit. They've dropped points against us, Rovers, Bohs and Bray in the last month or so in games you'd expect them to win. Think Reynolds needs to change up the way they play and develop another game plan for when the diamond isn't working. Also failed to strengthen in the window imo and not replacing Vigouroux was a massive mistake which will see Rovers take 3rd.

Think Waterford have been found out a bit. They've dropped points against us, Rovers, Bohs and Bray in the last month or so in games you'd expect them to win. Think Reynolds needs to change up the way they play and develop another game plan for when the diamond isn't working. Also failed to strengthen in the window imo and not replacing Vigouroux was a massive mistake which will see Rovers take 3rd.
    Should’ve thrown the Cheque book at Clarke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just looking at the money Facebook dropped in the stock market last week the €120B that is pretty much 2/3's of this Countries National debt.

Fcuking nuts really and that was only 20% of its total worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have been looking at OSW Review's V1 play the Arkham Series the last week on Twitch.

Really reminded me just how amazing they are. I think there isn't a work of fiction with better, more interesting characters than the Batman universe.

99% of the villains are awesome. Even the lame badguys were made super cool in Arkham be that by their character design or presentation.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Have been looking at OSW Review's V1 play the Arkham Series the last week on Twitch.

Really reminded me just how amazing they are. I think there isn't a work of fiction with better, more interesting characters than the Batman universe.

99% of the villains are awesome. Even the lame badguys were made super cool in Arkham be that by their character design or presentation.

I loved the Arkham Series, probably the best trilogy I've played.

And apparently the studio behind the Arkham trilogy are working on an open world Superman game similar to the Arkham games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

A Superman "Arkham" style series would be an instabuy.

Spider-man is next one up to the plate. If that is even half as good as it looks it will be another winner.

And apparently the studio behind the Arkham trilogy are working on an open world Superman game similar to the Arkham games.

6gRCnAr.gif

Poor Origins. Always ignored.

Unfortunately the Superman is still just a rumour with a Justice League and Batman of the Future also rumoured. They're taking their time announcing it anyway. 3 Years since Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Spider-man is next one up to the plate. If that is even half as good as it looks it will be another winner.

I sure hope so, I've got the Collector's Edition & the special edition PS4 Pro ordered :o I'll only go through with the Pro order if there's a good trade-in deal when it comes out though.

I only played the first Arkham game, keep meaning to go back and get the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Superman is too OP for a modern AAA videogame.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Superman is too OP for a modern AAA videogame.

I always hoped the Arkham games would get a Justice League spin off, rather than a pure Superman one, mainly for that reason. Have some levels, and a late game unlock when you're pretty much just mopping up side quests, with Superman, but then let us flick between Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Lantern.

And have their rogue galleries too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I always hoped the Arkham games would get a Justice League spin off, rather than a pure Superman one, mainly for that reason. Have some levels, and a late game unlock when you're pretty much just mopping up side quests, with Superman, but then let us flick between Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Lantern.

And have their rogue galleries too.

Memory serves, there was a Flash game in development until the studio behind it went bust.

https://nerdist.com/racing-through-the-flash-open-world-video-game-that-almost-happened/

To be honest, I'd kinda prefer the option you proposed flicking between characters from the Justice League, with maybe each choice you'd make as any character having an impact on the main story - For example The Flash messing with time like he does/did on the show/comics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've set up a fantasy football league for the forum on the FPL site. Here's the code to join:

1474132-410880

Last season's one was won by the Fantasy Feckbags team. Not sure who had that one. Deadline for this season's game is August 10th.

Since talking about the Arkham games, I just see on the PC bargains thread Arkham Origins for those interested
    Moon54 wrote: »
    Batman Arkham Origins Complete Pack - €3.59 if you use the new Fanatical browser extension.
    It's €3.99 without it. Keys selling fast.

Browser extension discount applies to all Star Deals during the Best of Star Deals Week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah cheers man! That's awesome. I absolutely adore Nolan's vision of Batman, I just wish Scarecrow got film representations of the Arkham nightmare hallucinations, was in awe playing through it - thoroughly successfully creepy!

Advertisement