Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Since talking about the Arkham games, I just see on the PC bargains thread Arkham Origins for those interested

Origins is actually the one I've never played; I read the ending by mistake, and I worried bout the fact the voice actors werent the same (Conroy IS Batman to me). I probably should get round to it some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

The only problem with Origins is that it's basically a re-skinned version of City. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, but it doesn't really do anything else wrong either IMO. So long as you know that going in, I think you'd enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2nd single from Alter Bridge's Live At The Royal Albert Hall live album featuring The Parallax Orchestra, released on Spotify at midnight this morning. And eventually uploaded to the Alter Bridge YouTube Channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    2nd single from Alter Bridge's Live At The Royal Albert Hall live album featuring The Parallax Orchestra, released on Spotify at midnight this morning. And eventually uploaded to the Alter Bridge YouTube Channel.

the albums out? Holy Shít, my drive home just got class!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    the albums out? Holy Shít, my drive home just got class!

Unfortunately it's not out yet, comes out September 7th..

• Advertisement

So now they can finally book his next fight.

UFC 229 Oct 6th in Vegas the mooted date. Nurmagomedov's has a UFC Q&A scheduled for tomorrow so you can bet that will be (would have been anyway) the talking point and I would not be surprised if they finally admit that talks are at least on going
    Well apparently talks seem to happening, if you believe Conor's manager, again via Ariel Helwani

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1022500720224940034

So UFC 229 in October could be possible..

It's been confirmed tonight.

https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/1025494161863200771

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope he gets battered.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hope he gets battered.

Connor getting the heat Vonce wishes Brock could get :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ireland are in the World Cup final! Thread name change maybe?

Well done to the hockey girls, great achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Seeing as he was way before my time, started listening to a little bit of Gary Glitter lately but I feel bad knowing he’s getting royalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Seeing as he was way before my time, started listening to a little bit of Gary Glitter lately but I feel bad knowing he’s getting royalties.

Funny thing is he never really cared if you were before your time.

Barry Chuckle has passed away at the age of 73.

I quite literally only Googled them last night to see what they were up to. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

3 great AI Hurling semi finals, Galway vs Limerick will be some final but still feels weird being on in the middle of August.

Anyone buy a pope tshirt in dunnes ?? Lol. They also have those really scary pope lollipops

Is the All Ireland Hurling Final only to be played in August this year due to the Pope coming to Ireland? Or is it going to be an August finale from now on, instead of the usual 1st week of September?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Is the All Ireland Hurling Final only to be played in August this year due to the Pope coming to Ireland? Or is it going to be an August finale from now on, instead of the usual 1st week of September?

It's in August from now on. Football final is now supposed to be last sunday in August, but got pushed back a week this year because of the Pope.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pentecost wrote: »
    Ireland are in the World Cup final! Thread name change maybe?

Well done to the hockey girls, great achievement.

Aye, they might have lost, but there's no shame in losing to a team as strong as the Netherlands, and it's still one hell of an achievement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hey folks, me again with another cheap plug :D

The next game of Werewolf is taking place on August 26th, and is Stephen King themed :D

We have a decent PW influence over on Forum Games, with minimally 6 regular posters here taking part in a good few games.

Always looking for new players so if you wanted to give it a whirl and had a few free days around the end of August, why not sign up and give it a whirl!

Thanks for your time :)

Thinking of doing an online ECDL course to get the qualification on my CV. I'm very efficient on computers but don't have the certs. Anyone here do the course ???

https://www.ecdl.ie/workforce/#certifications

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thinking of doing an online ECDL course to get the qualification on my CV. I'm very efficient on computers but don't have the certs. Anyone here do the course ???

https://www.ecdl.ie/workforce/#certifications

I did it years ago. Don't know if it counted towards any of my jobs / promotions but it can't hurt to have it on the cv all the same

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I did one of those years ago, go for it! Or just write it on your CV, don't think I have ever gotten a question about it, just highlights I can handle a computer to them. Depends on the job you go for though, No harm either way

• Advertisement

I did one of those years ago, go for it! Or just write it on your CV, don't think I have ever gotten a question about it, just highlights I can handle a computer to them. Depends on the job you go for though, No harm either way

Prefer to do it Online than do it on a social welfare type thing in some community centre with a bunch of beginners

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Prefer to do it Online than do it on a social welfare type thing in some community centre with a bunch of beginners

Think I did mine in school but yeah now i'd go the online route for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What kind of cost would you be looking at for doing it online?

What kind of cost would you be looking at for doing it online?

€400 for all the modules and the exam which you have to do in person in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thanks for that.

That’s got me interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I see Paddy Power has paid out on Celtic winning the Scottish Premiership already after one round of games :pac:

Thanks for that.

That’s got me interested.

I'm on the social part time (x and os) and going to enquire about doing an online version through them all funded. Turas Nua prob refuse it though

https://www.ecollege.ie/moodle/enrol/index.php?id=77

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

football fans OTT has a fans and wrestlers etc dream team league, don marnell has released the code on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've set up a fantasy football league for the forum on the FPL site. Here's the code to join:

1474132-410880

Last season's one was won by the Fantasy Feckbags team. Not sure who had that one. Deadline for this season's game is August 10th.

Bump. Deadline is tomorrow at 7pm if you fancy taking part.

• Advertisement

Bump. Deadline is tomorrow at 7pm if you fancy taking part.

I'm in for this..

Advertisement