Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^^ Boo-urns, Boo-urns

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All Ireland hurling final tomorrow between Limerick and Galway

Going for Limerick by 4

Think Galway will have the experience to see it out, Cork are bottlers and don't think either Clare or Galway would have blown the lead Cork have.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Was nearly 1994 all over again for Limerick

Think Galway will have the experience to see it out, Cork are bottlers and don't think either Clare or Galway would have blown the lead Cork have.

Quiet the game it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Congrats to all the Limerick lads here, hard luck Galway

Waterford going on 60 years and besides Dublin are waiting the longest for the holy grail

• Advertisement

I genuinely thought Galway were going to come back and cruelly snatch it from Limerick's grasp, just wasn't to be. All in all it's been a pretty good year for Galway GAA, and this is coming from someone who doesn't follow the GAA religiously.

Hopefully the senior footballers can go one better next year and bring Sam back West for the first time in 18 years. Keyword being hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Quiet the game it was.

Just about ha. If we didn't see that game out yesterday then I don't think we'd ever have won an all Ireland again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Got home at 6AM, yurt. Didn't drink the sh*t out of it as much as I'd have liked but be grand.

Alter Bridge releasing another track from their Live At The Royal Albert Hall gig with the Parallax Orchestra in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Alter Bridge releasing another track from their Live At The Royal Albert Hall gig with the Parallax Orchestra in a few hours.

The End is Here.

Was hoping for Waters Rising, would lend itself very well to an Orchestral backing.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The End is Here.

Was hoping for Waters Rising, would lend itself very well to an Orchestral backing.

I was hoping for Fortress or Blackbird, two tracks that'd definitely be upped by having an orchestra behind it...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

To save those interested in searching!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone here willing to provide a reference for me to confirm that I am not a robot? I'm beginning to doubt whether it's true or not since captcha seems to think I'm a robot. They look like storefronts/cars/buses/street signs to me.
    I'll get my revenge when we take over

Lads, what is Dab radio?

Lads, what is Dab radio?

I think it's another name for Internet radio

Lads, what is Dab radio?

Digital radio. It hasn't taken off here at all. Been more successful in other countries.

Pretty cool of the guys in Metallica to do this.
    WorldWired returns to North America this Sunday and as we like to do, all shows will be recorded and available in a variety of downloadable formats, as well as on CD, within a few days of us walking off the stage. Each show is mixed and mastered by the team behind Hardwired…To Self-Destruct to bring you the best possible audio quality. And now, even better, every 2018/19 North American ticket includes a FREE MP3 DOWNLOAD of the show(s) you and attend. Hold onto that ticket stub after the show and head over to LiveMetallica.com/scan 15, to scan or enter the barcode from your ticket to download your show.

Ozzy Osbourne and Judas Priest rolling into Dublin next January :D

Ozzy Osbourne and Judas Priest rolling into Dublin next January :D

Ill be having some of that

Sadly wont make as many gigs as i usually go to as money is a tight but hoping i can see some in 2019. Have nothing else to do with my life tbh:D:D

remaining gigs for 2018 are

Incubus- 11th Sep Board Gais Theate
    Slayer/Lamb of god/Anthrax and Obituary- 1st Nov 3arena
    U2- 6th Nov 3arena

hoping to see Metallica and Slash and Co in 2019, hopefully they both play here

• Advertisement

Went to see BlacKkKlansman, definitely worth a watch lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Went to see BlacKkKlansman, definitely worth a watch lads.
    Went to see it a couple of weeks back up in Galway...ending was truly terrifying.

Went to see it a couple of weeks back up in Galway...ending was truly terrifying.

Yeah really enjoyed the movie and agree about the ending. Americans are ****ed up and it's scary to see how the KKK and all these groups go about there business

Few good docs on Netflix about these cultures. There still going strong in parts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's a good watch for sure, I mistakenly thought it was entirely based on a true story so bits like the
    3 guys getting blown up by their own bomb
    seemed a bit too "movie" but I suppose they just used the story and took a bit of artistic license

Another friend thought that
    Ron would just rock up to the KKK in the white robe and join that way so he was disappointed too when it was all just phone based for Ron Stallworth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Another friend thought that
    Ron would just rock up to the KKK in the white robe and join that way so he was disappointed too when it was all just phone based for Ron Stallworth

Not ashamed to say I thought that too :o From the ad I thought it was going to be
    Ricky Jarrett over the phone, use Kylo Ren to join in person but it would still be the other guy attending rallies under the hood. The lad's real names are escaping me at the moment

Really good film, does a good job at being funny without being an outright comedy too considering how serious & real the topic of the film is.

Not ashamed to say I thought that too :o From the ad I thought it was going to be
    Ricky Jarrett over the phone, use Kylo Ren to join in person but it would still be the other guy attending rallies under the hood. The lad's real names are escaping me at the moment

Really good film, does a good job at being funny without being an outright comedy too considering how serious & real the topic of the film is.

Surely
    they would notice the difference in voices like one of the guys noticed in one scene with so I saying he had allergies

Was it that common back in the day
    to have black staff working at KKK meetings in hotels. Seemed odd a black cop guarding a grand wizard of the KKK ??

Anyone knw
    what stuff was real and what was fiction in the movie ??

Burt Reynolds has passed away at the age of 82.

The whole Live at Royal Albert Hall album by Alter Bridge has dropped on Spotify

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The whole Love at Royal Albert Hall album by Alter Bridge has dropped on Spotify

It's majestic from start to finish :D

• Advertisement

Taking a bit of a nostalgia trip next Tuesday going too see Incubus in the Bord Gais

Can't beat Meglomanic, Drive and Wish you were here. Truly early 2000s

Advertisement