Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TMZ are reporting that Stan Lee has died :(

Another legend gone

What a genius up there with the great creators

Will miss his movie camoes

Avengers infinity war part 2 will hopefully do him justice and I hope he saw it or found out what happened before he passed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Apparently he had at least the next 3 cameos (Captain Marvel, Infinity War#2 & Spidey#2) done already.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:D

Just noticed the thread title change, thanks mods :)

Was just coming here to mention the annual PW Draft... not long now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy birthday Necro!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Happy birthday man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

A belated Happy Birthday Necro. Hopefully no one gives you an early bullet between the eyes in the upcoming WW game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whos this Necro fella and what did he do to Necrominus? And why is his name slanty?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whos this Necro fella and what did he do to Necrominus? And why is his name slanty?

:o He may have sold out and subscribed.

image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F03%2F27%2F635947105575773540404480959_200.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=490&h=b5b72dd509c850630f0e5508c4f1c42da204293ed8961a799fa294c9d0995e0e&size=980x&c=905940098

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Apparently he had at least the next 3 cameos (Captain Marvel, Infinity War#2 & Spidey#2) done already.

Fitting he'll be seen on screen for the last time in Spider-Man: Far From Home.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    :D

Just noticed the thread title change, thanks mods :)

Was just coming here to mention the annual PW Draft... not long now :)

Happy Birthday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I watched the film Face/Off yesterday for the first time and now I know how PW Boardsie CastorTroy got his name :D

great weekend of sport just gone

Finally Beat the All Blacks at home. What a performance by Ireland and what a night. We still have 1 more Autumn International to go with the USA on Sat 24th which will feature a few new squad players no doubt. Really in a good place and next focus is on retaining the Grand Slam/6N starting with England at home on the 2nd Feb 2019

In Hurling great to see Ballygunner of Waterford win the Munster senior club title and hoping they can go all the way now and win the AI on paddys day. Tough ask as they have to face the winners of the Leinster final (Ballyhale or Ballyboden). That fenway cup thing was a load of Bollocks tbh

Back to misery tonight with the Soccer team facing Denmark. Really bad on and off the field atm and MON needs to go

I watched the film Face/Off yesterday for the first time and now I know how PW Boardsie CastorTroy got his name :D

Never heard of it. :P

Haven't seen the film in years. Must rewatch soon. Besides, who doesn't like a nice peach? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Never heard of it. :P

Haven't seen the film in years. Must rewatch soon. Besides, who doesn't like a nice peach? :pac:

Everytime i see you post i do this in my head

https://youtu.be/KRspGG9mDsQ

So i recently got a new job and was delighted as most would be but basically found out my old manager after agreeing to be a reference for me absolute destroyed me to them. Thankfully they ignored it and all is good but hell just been so down how he didnt just say it to me or just refuse me asking him.

Dont know what to do to say something or just ignore it and move on.

Sorry just needed to vent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Aw, so sorry to hear that mate. I imagine you must've trusted/liked your manager enough to use as a reference, it's sad to find out that someone is an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel, petty scumbag. That's bang out of order. Well, the good thing is you'll never work for him again! One less muppet in your life. But bigger news, congrats on the new job!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Don't want to get too political, but in a tutorial on the housing crisis in college today some fella said that having a home should be a privilege.

I've never wanted to beat the sh*t out of someone in a classroom before, until today.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Aw, so sorry to hear that mate. I imagine you must've trusted/liked your manager enough to use as a reference, it's sad to find out that someone is an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel, petty scumbag. That's bang out of order. Well, the good thing is you'll never work for him again! One less muppet in your life. But bigger news, congrats on the new job!! :)

much appreciated Jay yea we were on great terms when he we worked together never a bad word spoken but as you say hes absolute gone from the life now as theirs no point in dragging it along thinking about it

sky88 wrote: »
    So i recently got a new job and was delighted as most would be but basically found out my old manager after agreeing to be a reference for me absolute destroyed me to them. Thankfully they ignored it and all is good but hell just been so down how he didnt just say it to me or just refuse me asking him.

Congrats on the new job

I would just leave it and move on, karma always comes around ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

sky88 wrote: »

I believe this could be illegal. Worth looking into.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I believe this could be illegal. Worth looking into.

Yea i always thought the same

Congrats sky on the new job, but also the even greater honour of making it into the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Kill his entire family, he won't do it again.

Or use his work email to sign him up for dubious websites. But do it from an internet café..

Surprised human rights etc groups have not come out and complained about the 'Black Friday' name as it could be considered racist and not very PC ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Surprised human rights etc groups have not come out and complained about the 'Black Friday' name as it could be considered racist and not very PC ha
    I'm more annoyed with it being another Yank export with a dumb name. I mean, Black Friday? Why does it have to sound like the name of a tragic event? At least I see the likes of Currys going with a "Black Tag" event. Especially considering this whole nonsense lasts way beyond a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Most Black Friday 'deals' cheaper at other times, says Which?

Consumer group Which? tracked the prices of 94 popular products, including TVs, cameras and fitness trackers, on offer over Black Friday 2017 from six months before until six months afterwards. It found 87% of the items were cheaper at other times of year and nearly half were cheaper in the six months after Black Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/20/black-friday-cheaper-which-best-bargains

I'm going be broke, so many concert tickets on sale before Christmas :( and Irish prices pretty high

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm going be broke, so many concert tickets on sale before Christmas :( and Irish prices pretty high

knw the feeling bought so many concert tickets for 2019 the last few weeks. Metallica in Slane, Eagles in 3arena, Bon Jovi and Foos in the RDS. Really hate how they put all the tickets out around the same time and then some shows clash :mad::mad:

Started my ECDL opptional module exams today and passed Online Collerbartion but failed Image Editing, ****ing GIMP :D:D. Have the Standard ECDL award since 2 weeks ago. Starting Web Editing Module soon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm generally lucky enough that the shows I go to aren't that expensive.

• Advertisement

December already where is the time going

Advertisement