Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If that's what you're into I guess. But I could buy some new equipment for the band with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

€140 for a pair of Beats headphones, that's bloody extortionate.

I could buy a lot of music to listen to on my cheap earbuds for that amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    €140 for a pair of Beats headphones, that's bloody extortionate.

You know when i think on it no it's not, this is though. :pac:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2300526/Trail/searchtext%3EBEATS.htm

Me I use a €12 pair of Panasonic bought a couple of months ago in the tesco fire sale.

Jesus those are expensive, my Panasonics only cost €15 - I know this because the sticker was left on the band that sits on the head

• Advertisement

Generally I am able to acquire them off of people I know (regular headphones, not Beats) eventually.

I'll take a pair of regular headphones over Beats anyday, I think Beats are just gimmicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I forgot to add if you are near a tesco pop in and scan some of the older looking sets I got 20 pairs for family and friends in September for a little over €120, they had Skullcandy Hesh for €5, didn't get any off them, best set I got was a wireless Sony one for €10 down from €110, it was all up on the bargain alerts page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Is it possible to access a router's admin settings using the browser on an Android device? ie. via http://192.168.1.1

Manchester United are really being ****ed by players getting injured, Daley Blind the lastest casualty

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daley-blind-injured-holland-duty-8118308#rlabs=1

Now i know what Arsenal supporters feel like when a player gets injured.

• Advertisement

Does anyone here listen to Paul McLoone on Today FM in the evenings? He plays some pretty good stuff and always has giveaways. I have gotten to see a lot of shows for free through e-mailing in to his show. If anyone's into alternative/indie kind of stuff it's worth trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not bothered with Radio in ages is Donal Dineen still going?

Also when here, does anybody remember a latenight tv3 show music show from about 10-12 years ago? It was kind of indie and the presenter sneered at anything which cracked the top 10?

Not much info i know.:o

Donal Dineen is no longer on Today FM, but he is knocking around somewhere. I think he is on one of RTÉ's stations. I can't remember what show it is that you're talking about on TV3 though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone know if Gamestop do a standard flat-rate if you try and trade in DVDs? Or will they do each DVD individually and scan it to check what it's worth?

I'm pretty sure they will check the discs and then try to find the tiniest possible thing to give less.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Even if I bring 60 in at once :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

as this is the off topic thread it seemed like the place to say hello i've been lurking for a while :D

I've got back into watching wrestling recently, used to love it when I was younger.

It feels all new and exciting, so far I'm really loving bray Watts characterit just works so well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Are Gamestop still taking in DVDs? Their shops seem to have fewer and fewer DVDs these days.

At the most I would imagine they will check that there are discs in the box however, they don't even keep them behind the. counter anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Congratulations to the new Mr & Mrs Bounty Hunter!! He mentioned it in the ATH thread but I'm posting here so everyone can see :)

Mazel Tov to the newly weds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ha cheers fellas (was a few weeks ago), it's actually a 2 parter. Will be back In Ireland next month to make it official there too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well happy double wedding then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Congrats BH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Welcome to married life good sir! Congratulations to you both!

Congratulations Bounty Hunter! Happy hunting to the both of you, and "see you at the matches." :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,444 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Congrats Mr and Mrs BH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Well done BH, Congrats to you both

Did anyone go to see Big Business, Mastodon & Krokodil last night? My ears still aren't right here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,274 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Congrats BH. Giving up the hunting now you've caught your woman?

• Advertisement

Anybody know if RTE will be showing highlights or the full test match of this year's International Rules match

Advertisement