Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sorry to hear about your loss Jay. Keep yourself well dude

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Phantom Menace this 20 years old this week

I remember being first in line to see it in Galway with about a dozen mates.

Where does time go.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Phantom Menace this 20 years old this week

I remember being first in line to see it in Galway with about a dozen mates.

Where does time go.

I remember seeing it in cinemas as a 5 year old. Christ I feel old now thinking back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.rev.com/freelancers/transcription

Anyone ever do this here ???.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

PTH2009 wrote: »

Nope but a cursory glance on reddit indicates to avoid like the plague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

''To get started, you'll need strong English skills, a computer, and a dependable Internet connection.''

Counts a few out from here anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Vodka tasting in Krakow. Six shots of vodka for less than a tenner. What could possibly go wrong?

Actually not full shots but still potent..

What's up with the touch site ???

Cant access it on my phone only the legacy site shows up. Doing my bloody head in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What's up with the touch site ???

Cant access it on my phone only the legacy site shows up. Doing my bloody head in

I'm using the legacy on mobile the whole time, and find it way better

Would deleting your cookies maybe put things back the way they were for you?

I'm using the legacy on mobile the whole time, and find it way better

Would deleting your cookies maybe put things back the way they were for you?

That worked

Cant get used too the legacy site much prefer The touch version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hope it's all right but if anyone about Kilkenny for cat laughs, I'm running a two comedy shows with Owen Colgan from hardy bucks!, gimme a shout if you would like ticket info!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Omackeral wrote: »
    Jay Hunter we love you and thank you for everything you've done. Thinking of you tonight brother.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Just to clear up your confusion, this is what Omackeral is referring to.

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/1129458407537336322
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My condolences
    sky88 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear jay condolences to you and your family
    Sorry to hear about your loss Jay. Keep yourself well dude

Hey everyone, thanks so much for your kind words. Just back into Dublin. Put through the ringer over the last 2 weeks. Instead of performing at Starrcast (which would be OSW's biggest thing ever) I was burying my mom. She should've lived for at least another decade. However I'm v lucky in that there were no unsaid feelings - she knew we loved her and we knew she loved us and said it regularly. Hopefully it gets better, the world feels so much more empty. Can't really think straight but on the plus side, I can physically do things! Like go to the supermarket. Staying at my bros for the next few days at least.

Been working on things that require less input from me. Really glad we've the next podcast taped already so I don't have to perform. I don't know how Bret Hart did it - he wrestled at Survivor Series 1990 the day after his brother Dean passed away. And it was a rando 8 man tag! Anywoo, it's a bit mind-blowing to see the outpouring of support :) Thank you for thinking of me, knowing you guys have my back does give me some strength. All the best, J

Things will get easier jay plenty of help out there. All the best of luck to you and ur family

Think Liverpool 3-1 but would love spurs to do it. Big match Sunday with Waterford vs Limerick. Win badly needed for Waterford or its game over for this season.

Concert season starts for me next Sat, Metallica slane castle

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it Liverpool and Katie Taylor's night, have both backed to win

That Joshua result is a bit fishy but fair play to the guy. Massive win for him

Shows muscle and good looks aren't everything

That Joshua result is a bit fishy but fair play to the guy. Massive win for him

Shows muscle and good looks aren't everything

He was absolutely boxed around, from bell too bell. All went south for him in the third round when he was knocked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How is it fishy? He was knocked down 4 times by a guy with a very respectable record.

He's had 34 bouts, winning 33 of them. With a 65% knockout ratio.

Andy Ruiz Jr, the 1 in 22-1. And like Gerry said above, his record speaks for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I haven’t seen it but by the sounds of things Katie Taylor’s result was the fishy one if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1135592211540787200

Honestly thought this was a Waterford Whispers article at first.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it Liverpool and Katie Taylor's night, have both backed to win

Good shout

Anyone else here, besides myself and PTH2009 heading to Metallica on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Would love to see them again but I just couldn’t do Slane again absolutely hate the place for getting home great at the gig itself but just everything around it is too much for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Heading up on the Friday and staying at the campsite. For €30 it's a bargain and less hassle than travelling up and home again on the day. Can chill out drinking a few bottles and BBQ some food before heading down to the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Enjoy metal heads :p hope the weather is good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

just wanted to share some good news, i received the Man of the Year award at Slimming World!

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByTHwBZC6tg/

it was a lovely thing to come back to. also happened to drop 0.5lbs on my time away (which is mental as i ate a lot!) so i'm around 107lbs down since Mania last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jaykhunter wrote: »
    just wanted to share some good news, i received the Man of the Year award at Slimming World!

So this rules you out of being in anyone's Boys Club.
    Some loss in weight tho, fair play to you. I'm jelly :o

jaykhunter wrote: »

Wait a minute, how did you get it if I got it two weeks ago?!?!? Also didn't help that I was the only bloke in my group so kind of a default award for me!

Well done Jay, that's savage work. Keep it up good brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just gonna leave this here for Jay

Advertisement