Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Omackeral wrote: »
    Wait a minute, how did you get it if I got it two weeks ago?!?!?

giphy.gif

Ha ha! cheers brah brah, and congratulations! What swag did u get with your award?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Congrats. Finn Balor would be jealous of that grin. If only you had the hands by your side

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Absolutely incredible day.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fair play to Metallica donating to Irish charities

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Absolutely incredible day.

Haha these are great. Did you take them? Really captures the scale of the production. Monstrous.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Haha these are great. Did you take them? Really captures the scale of the production. Monstrous.

Nope not mine, I was somewhere further down..

And of course this.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A sliding doors moment and Hogan could have been on that stage ;)

A sliding doors moment and Hogan could have been on that stage ;)

That attention seeking hack bull****ter, wouldn't have been worthy of carrying Cliff Burton's bass, let alone replacing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Slane wouldn’t work for him brothers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

A sliding doors moment and Hogan could have been on that stage

You mean Metallica would have been on stage with Hogan; Hulk plays second to nobody brother

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Metallica were unbelievable in slane. Had a great time there but venue is not for me and I doubt I'll ever go back

Next up is Bon Jovi in the RDS on Sat

23rd June- Liam Gallagher Cork
    3rd July- Eddie Vedder 3arena
    14th July- Bob Dylan/Neil Young Kilkenny (got a cheap ticket, might as well go never see them and there both legends even if Dylan sounds **** now)
    21st Aug- Foo Fighters RDS

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looking at getting the new Samsung Galxay s10e anyone have any experience with them? My ould HTC m8 is on its last legs(got a good 4 years out of it) so need a new phone soon:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Looking at getting the new Samsung Galxay s10e anyone have any experience with them? My ould HTC m8 is on its last legs(got a good 4 years out of it) so need a new phone soon:pac:

i cant comment on the s10 but i had terrible luck with samsung batteries with the s6 and s8 the s8 but others havent had much problems as ive had and switched back to the darkside of apple with the XR and its been very good

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Metallica were unbelievable in slane. Had a great time there but venue is not for me and I doubt I'll ever go back

Dude amazing run of shows there! What didn't u like about Slane?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Dude amazing run of shows there! What didn't u like about Slane?

found it very irratating esp with all the drunks around and the weather. Felt the golden circle was away from the bars and toliets and not a fan of the step hill. Was grand when the place was half full but when the crowd came in it was very frustrating. Area needs more temp lights put in for people walking back too buses and cars after the show

anyway happy i done a Slane concert and we move onto the next one. A fortune Ticketmaster is costing me. Green Day/Garth Brooks :P the only acts on the bucket list ive yet too see come the end of the year. Oasis may be added if they ever get back together

The temp lights going back to the buses and cars I will agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

found it very irratating esp with all the drunks around and the weather. Felt the golden circle was away from the bars and toliets and not a fan of the step hill. Was grand when the place was half full but when the crowd came in it was very frustrating. Area needs more temp lights put in for people walking back too buses and cars after the show

anyway happy i done a Slane concert and we move onto the next one. A fortune Ticketmaster is costing me. Green Day/Garth Brooks :P the only acts on the bucket list ive yet too see come the end of the year. Oasis may be added if they ever get back together

Only way to do Slane really is camping. Especially for after the concert if you've got a fair distance to travel after the show like Limerick, Galway, Cork etc. Lads I know travelled up from Limerick and it was 6am by the time they got home after trying to get out of the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Next up is Bon Jovi in the RDS on Sat

23rd June- Liam Gallagher Cork
    3rd July- Eddie Vedder 3arena
    14th July- Bob Dylan/Neil Young Kilkenny (got a cheap ticket, might as well go never see them and there both legends even if Dylan sounds **** now)
    21st Aug- Foo Fighters RDS

Impressive, Enjoy

Metallica: One (Slane Castle - Meath, Ireland - June 8, 2019)

ah dude, great video! Dammit, ONE is still one of the greatest songs ever written. I noticed that YT vid was unlisted. Any more of these Slane vids?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

ah dude, great video! Dammit, ONE is still one of the greatest songs ever written. I noticed that YT vid was unlisted. Any more of these Slane vids?

Whiskey is up on the official channel too

Go search Chromeboy2003 on YouTube, great quality, or if you love your multi cam shot videos, this channel.

Darn no irish date on Alter Bridges euro tour at the end of the year

And it looks like a great tour especially with having Shinedown as support :(

They'll come dude relax, this is just the start of the Walk The Sky Tour...
    And it looks like a great tour especially with having Shinedown as support :(

Are Shinedown any good live? Heard mostly negative feedback from when they opened for Iron Maiden a few years ago.

They'll come dude relax, this is just the start of the Walk The Sky Tour...

Are Shinedown any good live? Heard mostly negative feedback from when they opened for Iron Maiden a few years ago.

I havent seen them since Rock Im Park in 2009 and i thought they were good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

In Supermacs in O'Connell Street Dublin, when who should walk in only Angel Cruz.

In Supermacs in O'Connell Street Dublin, when who should walk in only Angel Cruz.

who ???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs smashed Shamrock Rovers again last night. They haven't beaten us in over two years... in 8 attempts. Look at this thunder b*astard of a strike to win it too. Unreal.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1139665163735449601

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

What's Mandroiu like week to week? He's looked good the few games I've seen him this year

Advertisement