Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

BH is the latest in a seemingly long line proving that Wrestling fans can actually communicate with women. A pretty bizarre trend I am sure you agree.

Fair play BH.

No doubt a PW forum baby boom will start soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Mick Foley would be well and truly chuffed. He has often said that if you know a lot of things about professional wrestling then you probably aren't talking to women that often, or successfully. Does anyone here listen to The Afghan Whigs? They're playing in Whelan's in February.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

*HIC* he he my names in the thread... PS 5 years modding PW wooooo!

Jays us that's a like ng time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,274 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can we get a mod in here to remove this drunk poster?

:pac:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can we get a mod in here to remove this drunk poster?

:pac:

I'm on it don't worry :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I'm on it don't worry :cool:

We know your 'on it'

Thats the problem :P

DM_7 wrote: »
    We know your 'on it'

Thats the problem :P

so what your saying is...

It's Flah's fault, I agree 100%

sorry flah

BH banned for being drunk and having fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Congrats Bh.

Anyone know how safe stub hub is to buy tickets for a hockey game.

Didn't want anyone get my card number

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Walked into Tesco this afternoon just as a guy came out with a massive trolley of One Direction stuff ready for mark down. Dropping stuff by 80%.

Jaysus, it was some battle. A dozen middle aged women grabbing pencil cases, notebooks, pens....

Managed to grab 5 notebooks to try and sell but you'd swear someone had dropped millions of Euro. Was rabid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What would any sensible man be doing with a trolley full of One Direction stuff, it boggles the mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A man looking to turn a profit. Don't be fooled by how popular yer 1D merch is. They're an industry pretty much.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A man looking to turn a profit. Don't be fooled by how popular yer 1D merch is. They're an industry pretty much.

They are like the new Kiss when it comes to putting their name on anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lads anyone know a site where I can test my broadband speed before I go complaining to Eircom

Yeap. Not turning my nose up at anything right now as I'm trying to launch a proper job out of buying/selling :P
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lads anyone know a site where I can test my broadband speed before I go complaining to Eircom

speedtest.net

So how does that actually work, do you register with someone if you're making it your business? Ah, another evening next to the radio with Paul McLoone. It's the little things in life.

I will have to, in time. At the moment, it's more in a "Business Plan" stage....in that I'm down money since I started. Still very small scale.

Trying to draw up a case at the moment to get put on Entrepreneurial Allowance.

Isn't there some initiative where banks will give money to people trying to start up businesses? I am not sure if that would apply to something like this. Perhaps it's just for premises.

Im clueless about this but this is my speed results
    Ping 14ms
    Download 42.90
    Upload 15.70

Is this good or bad for efibre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Im clueless about this but this is my speed results
    Ping 14ms
    Download 42.90
    Upload 15.70

Is this good or bad for efibre?

I'm on efibre and barely getting 10mb download. That's pretty good! Then again I'm in the country so if you're in a more built up area you could check to see with neighbours what kind of speeds they're getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Messi has beaten Raul's record of 71 goals in the Champions League, something tells me there will be a new record to reach by the time Cristiano Ronaldo & Messi hang up their boots.

I'm scratching at 25 download so I'd say 42 is pretty good (depending on what you should be getting; I'm supposed to be on about 40...)
    Isn't there some initiative where banks will give money to people trying to start up businesses? I am not sure if that would apply to something like this. Perhaps it's just for premises.

Yeah there is, but even if they'd give it to me ("I wanna buy second hand **** and sell it on..." isn't exactly the steadiest of business plans), I'm trying to do this in a manner where I'm not being crippled with loans and such off the bat; expand it naturally rather than land myself in debt before it even begins.

Two things I've learned on Adverts (and Amazon/Ebay) in recent months.

1. Everyone shops late at night. The majority of my sales take place between midnight and 2am. :confused:

2. People. Cannot. Read. The amount of questions I get asked about when the answers are in the descriptions already :(

is there such a cable where you can connect an iPad to a Samsung TV, or do Apple have that restricted as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,444 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy thanksgiving to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

cena wrote: »
    Happy thanksgiving to all

boo boo thanksgiving (wouldnt mind a turkey dinner though)

Anyone know how much custom would be to get a 50 inches TV from the states. Best buy selling for $199 (€160)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

cena wrote: »
    Anyone know how much custom would be to get a 50 inches TV from the states. Best buy selling for $199 (€160)

Not sure but try here - http://www.dutycalculator.com/

• Advertisement

Why is BBC2 not on Skygo? Any legal way of watching BBC2 online?

Advertisement