Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So this has come and gone, and I'm still on a proverbial Cloud 9.

fair play lithium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So this has come and gone, and I'm still on a proverbial Cloud 9.

Fair play dude. I graduated from there too a good while ago.

It's all downhill from here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Philips Hue White and Colour Ambiance Starter Kit: Smart Bulb 3x Pack LED [E27 Edison Screw] Includes, Bridge (Works with Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K1WP7Z4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CjZ1DbS5DDFNV

Can anyone explain the concept of smart bulbs like these ??

Do they just work by connecting these bulbs to the bulb socket and using the app. Do u need a receiver plugged in to a power socket

Do they have anything to do with houses power sockets and the switches for non smart bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Philips Hue White and Colour Ambiance Starter Kit: Smart Bulb 3x Pack LED [E27 Edison Screw] Includes, Bridge (Works with Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K1WP7Z4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CjZ1DbS5DDFNV

Can anyone explain the concept of smart bulbs like these ??

Do they just work by connecting these bulbs to the bulb socket and using the app. Do u need a receiver plugged in to a power socket

Do they have anything to do with houses power sockets and the switches for non smart bulbs

They work over wifi you need a hub you plug in and it connects to all the bulbs which when connected work as smart bulbs and if not connected just work at bulbs.

I have them all over the house I find them great for creating atmosphere via changing colours, dimming or even a simple thing like connecting to them away from the house so I can turn them on or off via the app if I'm away and it looks like someone is in the house

They work over wifi you need a hub you plug in and it connects to all the bulbs which when connected work as smart bulbs and if not connected just work at bulbs.

I have them all over the house I find them great for creating atmosphere via changing colours, dimming or even a simple thing like connecting to them away from the house so I can turn them on or off via the app if I'm away and it looks like someone is in the house

I'm thinking of taking up that black friday offer but unsure of what style too buy (I have attached pics of my current bulb)

Would having the light switch on the whole time be dangerous??. Obv use alexa or the app to turn off the actual bulb ??

Edit Went with this one which doesn't include a hub but cost a lot less and hopefully a good way to start. Got it on a lightning deal for just under €30 delivered

Smart LED Light Bulb WiFi B22 Bayonet Dimmable and Multicolor Works with Phone, Google Home and IFTTT, No Hub Required, TECKIN A19 60W Equivalent RGB Bulb 7.5W, with Schedule Function, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K1J1RDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_h901Db7TNZE14

• Advertisement

10 years ago tonight is when Tiger Woods ex found out he was cheating chased him down the road and he crashed his car under the influence and his career when down the tubes for the guts of those 10 years.

10 years ago tonight is when Tiger Woods ex found out he was cheating chased him down the road and he crashed his car under the influence and his career when down the tubes for the guts of those 10 years.

Jesus having a wife looking like that

The one he done was dirt with must be of been something else

Jesus having a wife looking like that

The one he done was dirt with must be of been something else

There was a lot more than one more like one in every town, city and Country he played in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And his shenanigans wound up being used/mentioned by Steel Panther in their song Just Like Tiger Woods off their 2011 album Balls Out.

ET returns to Elliot

• Advertisement

Am i the only one who thinks ET is one of the most overrated movies of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Preparing an answer for an exam around doing business ethically, lecturer is mad for us to use our own examples so I'll be using WWE in Saudi Arabia as an example of how not to do business :pac:

Between that and the Stephanie quote about how philanthropy is the future of marketing, my paper will be distinct at least

Preparing an answer for an exam around doing business ethically, lecturer is mad for us to use our own examples so I'll be using WWE in Saudi Arabia as an example of how not to do business :pac:

Between that and the Stephanie quote about how philanthropy is the future of marketing, my paper will be distinct at least

That would be an interesting read, at least from the lecturers point of view...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That would be an interesting read, at least from the lecturers point of view...

It should differentiate my script from the other 120 anyway. Another good point to be made on the independent contractor situation as well

Following the boxing on my phone

Is this a revival of sorts for the sport or just the usual hype when theres a big fight on ???

It's time for Die Hard!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's time for Die Hard!

Great Christmas movie

• Registered Users Posts: 86,715 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's time for Die Hard!

yippee-ki-yay.jpg

Hope ye all have a great Christmas

tenor.gif?itemid=10612911

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

If you want REAL Christmas movies, might I suggest Eyes Wide Shut?

Happy Christmas to all here

https://youtu.be/aV-eP8K6bhw

Has to be the most cringy song ever and written by a grown man

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Happy Christmas to you too Liz.

The Big 30 today

Jesus time is flying and I just can't get my head around I lived my 20s and now its onto the next chapter. Hopefully more successful and lucky in some of lifes tough aspects. My gig bucket list was emptied almost entirely during my 20s but for whomever I didnt see it will surely be carried over to the 30s+ lol

The Big 30 today

Jesus time is flying and I just can't get my head around I lived my 20s and now its onto the next chapter. Hopefully more successful and lucky in some of lifes tough aspects. My gig bucket list was emptied almost entirely during my 20s but for whomever I didnt see it will surely be carried over to the 30s+ lol

Happy birthday good sir

It’s mad I’m 31 now and I’m still feel like 22 was yesterday and when I hear people say there 33 or something I’m like there way older than me but then I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Turn 32 in a little over a week and 2020 is gonna be a great one hopefully!

Moving to the US at the start of Feb, releasing an album with my band just before I go also and we signed a nice deal with a Netflix show where a main character will be wearing our shirt, should be interesting to see how that drums up some interest for us when it launches :D

The Big 30 today

Happy Birthday

The Big 30 today

Happy birthday man. You don’t look a day over 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

sky88 wrote: »
    Happy birthday good sir

It’s mad I’m 31 now and I’m still feel like 22 was yesterday and when I hear people say there 33 or something I’m like there way older than me but then I remember

I'm rapidly heading for 40 so I keep telling myself there's no major difference between 30 and 40. Except you start to get fatter and slower despite your best efforts :p

Pentecost wrote: »
    I'm rapidly heading for 40 so I keep telling myself there's no major difference between 30 and 40. Except you start to get fatter and slower despite your best efforts :p

Life begins at 40 or so I've been told over the years.

But then it's all ahead of me, might as well make the most of what's left of my 20's :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching The Longest Yard. Weird seeing Khali running and just moving in general

Advertisement