Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Did anybody pick up any good deals for Black Friday? Went a little mad, picked up an Xbox One,PS4 and a Wii U :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Did anybody pick up any good deals for Black Friday? Went a little mad, picked up an Xbox One,PS4 and a Wii U :o

How much was the ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

cena wrote: »
    How much was the ps4

It was €360 with two games so not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm scratching at 25 download so I'd say 42 is pretty good (depending on what you should be getting; I'm supposed to be on about 40...)

Yeah there is, but even if they'd give it to me ("I wanna buy second hand **** and sell it on..." isn't exactly the steadiest of business plans), I'm trying to do this in a manner where I'm not being crippled with loans and such off the bat; expand it naturally rather than land myself in debt before it even begins.

Two things I've learned on Adverts (and Amazon/Ebay) in recent months.

1. Everyone shops late at night. The majority of my sales take place between midnight and 2am. :confused:

2. People. Cannot. Read. The amount of questions I get asked about when the answers are in the descriptions already :(

Are you selling anything and everything, or is there any stuff us nerds would like?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Are you selling anything and everything, or is there any stuff us nerds would like?

Anything I can get that I think I can make some money on :P
    At the risk of shilling my stuff (and mods, remove the line if you want), you can click "Adverts"....
    <
    ....to see my Adverts.ie shop.

Plush toys are the big seller since I started though. People love plush toys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Good luck with it TSC.

Gear like the Captain America T-Shirt could do well for you at Xmas/Valentines/Fathers Day

Anything I can get that I think I can make some money on :P
    At the risk of shilling my stuff (and mods, remove the line if you want), you can click "Adverts"....
    <
    ....to see my Adverts.ie shop.

Plush toys are the big seller since I started though. People love plush toys :pac:
    Yeah, I kinda was a bit weary of asking you where I could see what you have, so I said I'd just lead you into mentioning it. ;) I know there was an issue with someone advertising there recently, so I didn't want to rock the boat. Anyway, I'll take a look at what you have. I am guessing that a plush toy is a teddy bear thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If you want to chat about what he's selling, please take it to PM.

Chat is over.

Horse racing really pisses me off.

• Advertisement

I haven't left the house since Friday. I do not think I will bother to do so again today. I am lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Do you lads bother with fantasy football? Its so head wrecking and for no reward

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Do you lads bother with fantasy football? Its so head wrecking and for no reward

Always start, run for a week or two and then do bad and give up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I set up a league for us here but like TSC I let it slide. I'll more than likely take care of it again over Christmas it can be a lot of hassle for no return

Same here, set it up just befoe the deadline, play wildcard a ciuple of weeks in, then make a few transfers every couple of weeks. Probably forget by xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Didn't even bother this year. The people who's interest in sport is entirely tied to fantasy football are the worst people on Earth. Especially NFL.

Is anyone going to go for Foo Fighters/Kaiser Chiefs/Hozier tickets in the morning? I'm considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is anyone going to go for Foo Fighters/Kaiser Chiefs/Hozier tickets in the morning? I'm considering.

I would love to see foo fighters but not slane.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think im leading the PW Fantasy Football but usually I would be the same as a few here, into it at the start, then miss a few weeks unintentionally before drifting off it around Christmas. This year im finding it helps me keep the fixtures and game times in mind as being abroad I often miss em with alternative plans at the time they air. Think im no.7/8 in Taiwan at the moment ha

tbh though win lose or draw... meh don't let something like FF of all things wreck your head

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got mine on presale last night

• Advertisement

I got a few this morning, mainly as options to give to people as presents. I saw them all before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

voted for her earlier. Hope the footage quality doesen't **** against her as it was unbelievable skill and is imo just as good (I didn't vote for it just cos she's an Irish woman) as anything the bigger names did.

She made the final 3 with Robin van Persie and James Rodriguez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Been quite upset over the death of Philip Hughes over the last few days, probably now I think about it the "celebrity" death that has hit me the hardest ever. What for you, celebrity deaths really stuck with you?

Hope its not to grim of a question. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

James gandolfini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Been quite upset over the death of Philip Hughes over the last few days, probably now I think about it the "celebrity" death that has hit me the hardest ever. What for you, celebrity deaths really stuck with you?

Hope its not to grim of a question. :o

I don't know much about cricket but him dying so young as a result of the game he loved and played makes it even more sad - RIP

The celeb deaths that I remember the most are River Phoenix, Heath Ledger and Princess Diana

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I think the celeb I was most upset about dying was Steve Irwin.

Robin Williams hit me hard. Not just cause I had just finished his recent TV show, but because he was such an integral part of my childhood; Jumanji, Aladdan, Flubber, Hook....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Robin Williams hit me hard. Not just cause I had just finished his recent TV show, but because he was such an integral part of my childhood; Jumanji, Aladdan, Flubber, Hook....

+1 on this. Of all the celeb deaths Williams knocked the wind out of my sales for a couple of days. Especially under the circumstances of his death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

My favourite comedian Patrice Oneal (cameos in Arrested Development, The US Office, Chapelle's Show and actually wrote for WWE for a cup of coffee) died a few years back and it caught me off guard bigtime. I'd really gotten into his material and way of thinking and he was just about to make a personal break into Bill Burr territory before he had a stroke and died.

Gary Speed too because it was that first breakthrough death for mental health IMO in that people really took notice that depression can hit anybody. People were stunned that this gent could be going through such problems and leave behind a young family. Ever since then real progress has been made but that was a real tough one in a similar vein to Robin Williams' death.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Forget Punk to UFC:
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/ray-darcy-leaves-today-fm-to-return-to-rte-30805877.html

So HAPPY as I have been forced to listen to him for years.

Advertisement