Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well done to Katie

Don't know would Katie have the charisma for pro wrestling ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She's way too quiet for it to be a long term thing but I could see them bringing her in for a confrontation with Becky. Or as back up if they've turned her back face by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Katie really is a down to earth inspiration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully now the Kinahan's are on the run and MTK is done and dusted as a compnay Katie will finally be able to fight in Ireland.

I'd like her to have one more massive payday and then retire undefeated champion of the world.

Yeah if she could get a massive crowd in Croke Park and win then that's the dream way to go out. She'd have done it all.

• Advertisement

With the circus around the extra Garth Brooks concerts this Autumn it could be 2023 by the time it's allowed happen but if it did id be delighted to see it. Will Mr Notorious himself get itchy feet and come out of retirement to try be the first in Croker ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,937 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I half wonder if his goading of Jake Paul on twitter was with a view to setting up an angle for them to fight. Another stupid celeb exhibition fight, which would generate stupidly large piles of cash.

I'm not sure the interest and goodwill is there for McGregor to fill it these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,937 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yeah, whatever Mcgregor does, it pretty much needs to be in the US or someplace like Saudi, Qatar, UAE etc to make the max money (which is his only angle these days).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭hynesie08

What circus? sporting events have never been included in any agreement because it's a sporting venue......

• Advertisement

I think in Becky's corner maybe even throw a punch on someone could work but has Katie the look Vince likes, yes she is quiet but everyone is talking about her worldwide for winning the first female boxing match headlining MSG etc.,

A Serrano rematch at Croke Park would be amazing for Katie, her family and fans

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It would also be Katie's first professional fight in Ireland. I'm not a big boxing fan but I'd probably be interested on jumping on the bandwagon if they did a big outdoor event.

If they had MC Gregor on the card that would help boost ticket sales, agreed he's not as much of a draw as he was but I'd still put bums in seats as Jake Paul on this side of the Atlantic is not that well known???

Yes everyone would want to get to CP for that fight

Seriously MU should stop wages, fine the lazy fcekers and refund fans

Those Sunderland lads really don't do things the easy way. Really need to win this time in Wembley against Wycombe or they might never do it

Come on Real Madrid and La Rochelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Liverpool were supposed to win the quadruple but to borrow a phrase from Meltzer; plans changed.

• Advertisement

Yeah an outstanding performance

Reals name was def written on the cup with all the luck they had. Incredible road they took

Congrats to La Rochelle too, the clubs first ever trophy

My ipod touch finally kicked the bucket and got a cheap MP3 player off Amazon

I have to give credit to my younger self and admire the hardship I went through putting songs onto these devices. It's one of the most repetitive things on earth, a simple mistake and you feel the whole thing is ruined

Find its handy to have a separate music player esp If you're travelling long distances with the 4G been so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I remember when I first got an iPod, I had it for about 6 months before I ever got music on it. And then, because I had no internet back then, when I would "rip" a cd to iTunes, I would have to type out individual track titles myself. If I wanted album art, I scanned the CD cover, cropped and inserted. I did that **** for my entire cd collection :)

After watching the prime series about the Maple Leaves I've got a small interest in the sport

Can't for the life of me understand the format of the season. 6 matches for a final is crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've only gotten into it over the last year with following the Seattle Kraken and have been hooked! The playoffs in particular were insane this year. Once it gets to the playoffs each advancement to the next stage becomes a best of 7 which I think is a great way to do it as the teams figure each other out more as it goes on and it becomes a real strategic battle. Got full season tickets for the Kraken next year, not cheap by any means but get 44 home games and it's always a great night out. Helps I'm just across the road from the arena too.

Top Gun box office top movie, Russia at war, Kate Bush top of the music charts, 80s are back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Walking out of Disney Springs in Orlando today. They’ve security barriers up, splitting those going in and those coming out.

As I’m walking out, a guy is walking in. Thought process in my head…

”huh, that guy has a baby strapped to his chest. He’s quite muscley. Hmm. He looks a bit like Johnny Gargano. Same facial hair, and wearing some marvel stuff.. That would be mad. Nah, no way. I mean, the woman with him has purple hair…….OH ****, that IS Gargano and Candice!”

by the time I’d finished the realisation, they’d moved well past me. 😂 Very tempted to jump the barrier and run after them to say hello, but figured I wouldn’t be that guy. Plus, Disney cops would not take kindly to me jumpin security barriers. Still, cool to see them in the wild, and now I know I’m the same height as Gargano 🥰

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm, for some reason my level decreased from 4 to 2 (not even sure what the levels do) and my post count dropped to 137.

Probably good in that it shows I don't spend all my time on boards but also I'm sure I've posted more than that in this part of boards alone.

Edit: post count corrected itself after this post.

And now back up to level 4. Quickest promotion ever.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Caught a bit of Bellator MMA a couple weeks back, and was really impressed with their presentation - they borrow a LOT from pro wrestling.

There was a tournament on the night, and this guy Danny Sabatello won his fight. Another fighter by the name of Raufeon Stots was on commentary (very charismatic guy) - Danny is the type of wrestler that will just hold an opponent down for the whole fight. And he did. Incredibly boring watch. Stots gets in the cage, cos even though hes commentating, he's also up next for Sabatello in the tornie brackets.

Stots was asked what he thought of Danny's performance, and he commenced to cutting an epic promo. Said he thought he absolutely sucked, and the only thing he's done now is earn himself an ass whooping. Very enjoyable stuff, Bellator 282

Advertisement