Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

My love of this forum has outlived my actual love of wrestling. I just watch a few things here and there but I'm gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I have to say since the birth of my girl, ive watch most of the WWE programing live and I've been disappointed with most of what I've seen lately. It's very hard to enjoy Raw these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Only for this forum and the overall soundness in here I'd probably have no interest in PW anymore. If something is recommended here I'll go check it on the WWE Youtube channel because I don't have SS and never stream stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone any advice as to what to do when a drone crashes into a tree in your back garden :confused:

Just noticed a flashing green light in a tree out the back, and it would appear to be one of those toy drones which has crashed and jammed into the tree. It's flashing like mad and every now and again makes a noise as if its trying to break free :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I guess you could just **** stones at it until it breaks. Or if there's a camera on the thing you could just go out there and start cutting the Harley Race promo from 1983 where he puts out the hit on Ric Flair. If it's really bothering you though, just call the boys in blue man.

• Advertisement

Woke up to my local cop neighbour scaling the walls to yank it down. Was an expensive looking one. Wonder who was buzzing round in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I am immediately calling shenanigans on this, no way would Gareth Bale leave Real Madrid, as much as i'd love to see Bale in the red of United, Van Gaal has the defence to sort out first.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/548082/Gareth-Bale-Premiership-Return-Manchester-United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I am immediately calling shenanigans on this, no way would Gareth Bale leave Real Madrid, as much as i'd love to see Bale in the red of United, Van Gaal has the defence to sort out first.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/548082/Gareth-Bale-Premiership-Return-Manchester-United

Its the express, a total rag of a paper, tbh best to ignore all tabloid stuff, it will break your heart if you get invested in their "exclusives":pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I'd be happy if they picked up someone like Vlaar.

Angron wrote: »
    I'd be happy if they picked up someone like Vlaar.

Yeah solid signing he would be. Evans is poor, and not hugely impressed with Rojo, Smalling is the pick of the current lot but always injured.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah solid signing he would be. Evans is poor, and not hugely impressed with Rojo, Smalling is the pick of the current lot but always injured.
    True, the fecker kept getting injured in Football Manager for me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyone any advice as to what to do when a drone crashes into a tree in your back garden :confused:

Just noticed a flashing green light in a tree out the back, and it would appear to be one of those toy drones which has crashed and jammed into the tree. It's flashing like mad and every now and again makes a noise as if its trying to break free :pac:

Reminds of this drama a few months ago. Though this TSCs issue is not quite as pressing :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91816379

The OP closed his account a day or so afterwards presumably because he didnt like the ridicule he received.

Its my thread of the year by a distance.

Merry Christmas and be safe lads. Closing off a great year so hopefully more of the same.

Manchester United should've killed off Tottenham in the first half today, so many good chances gone begging, United should've won 5-0 or more if they converted their chances.

What's the final score so I know which supporters to text and taunt about "their" loss? Ha ha.

Tottenham & United finished 0-0

What's the final score so I know which supporters to text and taunt about "their" loss? Ha ha.

I'd be texting City fans, great chance to close the lead and a home draw with Burnley. Unforgivable really.

Its been said before, but United getting rid of Wellbeck and bringing in Falcao is proving to be one of the stupidest footy decisions of the last few years.

To be honest, I stopped watching football on a weekly basis after the end of the 1998/99 season. I realised, what business had a teenager from Kilkenny wearing the colours of Manchester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I'd be texting City fans, great chance to close the lead and a home draw with Burnley. Unforgivable really.

Its been said before, but United getting rid of Wellbeck and bringing in Falcao is proving to be one of the stupidest footy decisions of the last few years.
    Lol no it's not. We off-loaded a striker we had no use for. We needed someone like Falcao who can put away chances. He has been injured but looked very good against Newcastle. We've just been unlucky with him.

Falcao will come good for United, IF they splash the cash for him in the Summer.

• Advertisement

latest?cb=20140507180254

Seriously? Welbeck didn't offer much, if anything, more than Falcao does right now. because he was young and English, people seem to think he's better than what he is. Was happy to see the Bambi-in-headlights-on-ice go....

United didn't need a developing player to pull them out of their slump. They needed an established player who wasn't contaminated by the Moyes disaster and although he's been a slow starter Falcao will have a decent season. He's just lucky that Di Maria turned up and that Rooney can still win games on his own. That said, to be carrying a knock for so long is not good.

Think United are very much in the title race. They'll at minimum be back in the Champions League next season which is a great start to LVG. And tbf he did give us our laughs at the start of the season by losing to MK Dons and Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Christmas tv is dire isn't it? In for the night and nothing on

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Christmas tv is dire isn't it? In for the night and nothing on

The Snapper and Senna are on later on irish telly, both good films especially Senna. A Prophet is also on in the early hours which is probably one of the best crime films of the last decade.

The Snapper and Senna are on later on irish telly, both good films especially Senna. A Prophet is also on in the early hours which is probably one of the best crime films of the last decade.

Saw both and agree Senna is excellent for anyone who has yet to see it here. Might sky plus A Prophet and browse Netflix

Roddy Doyle is such an amazing writer. The Commitments and The Van are just such great Irish stories. If anyone here hasn't seen the movies of either of these, set aside some time now.

Oh man.

Bought 3 boxes of books and DVDs on Adverts yesterday. €55. As I walked out, the woman said she had another box of junk I could take too if I wanted, and I thought "Sure, why not. Free stuff, right!"

Just going through the "junk" box there, and there's a super-rare My Chemical Romance CD that's going for anywhere between 40-100 quid on Ebay and Amazon :pac::D Result.....

Round of drinks on me tonight, lads :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

I noticed today that my runners match my jersey.

Didn't realise it when I got the runners.
    http://instagram.com/p/xPuCsClPWC/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh man.

Bought 3 boxes of books and DVDs on Adverts yesterday. €55. As I walked out, the woman said she had another box of junk I could take too if I wanted, and I thought "Sure, why not. Free stuff, right!"

Just going through the "junk" box there, and there's a super-rare My Chemical Romance CD that's going for anywhere between 40-100 quid on Ebay and Amazon :pac::D Result.....

Round of drinks on me tonight, lads :P

What else was in the box??

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    What else was in the box??

Used shin guards, a photo album, a Torres Liverpool wallet, a black leather purse (which Mom took), some weird card game (which my bro took), some fake blood capsules (!?!), a fake mustache and some mugs.

Advertisement