Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh man.

Bought 3 boxes of books and DVDs on Adverts yesterday. €55. As I walked out, the woman said she had another box of junk I could take too if I wanted, and I thought "Sure, why not. Free stuff, right!"

Just going through the "junk" box there, and there's a super-rare My Chemical Romance CD that's going for anywhere between 40-100 quid on Ebay and Amazon :pac::D Result.....

Round of drinks on me tonight, lads :P

IF RTE/TV3/UTV Ireland ever did an Irish version of storage wars/baggage battles/storage hunters etc., I'd expect you on it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Used shin guards, a photo album, a Torres Liverpool wallet, a black leather purse (which Mom took), some weird card game (which my bro took), some fake blood capsules (!?!), a fake mustache and some mugs.

Cheaper than getting a skip I guess :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

72.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    IF RTE/TV3/UTV Ireland ever did an Irish version of storage wars/baggage battles/storage hunters etc., I'd expect you on it :p

tumblr_mvllm3bDAq1sv9b4yo1_400.gif

****, instant karma; just kicked a chair by mistake, and my small toe now hurts like a *****. Worry it's broken. Starting to bruise a bit and swollen... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

MCR, Avenged Sevenfold and Paramore fans are the best. Used to make a killing selling their stuff on ebay a few years back. Got €100 for some magazine clippings of MCR once!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Love storage wars! I watch it just to zone out and laugh at some of the gimmicks they have!

Straight up anyone here who have kids. I dunnow how you do it. Just minded my niece and nephew for the full day now I am waiting for one or the other to wake up. I have learnt a valuable lesson today I ain't ready for kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Straight up anyone here who have kids. I dunnow how you do it. Just minded my niece and nephew for the full day now I am waiting for one or the other to wake up. I have learnt a valuable lesson today I ain't ready for kids

I do that on a daily basis. Looking after kids. It's hard work

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Normally you don't have two starting off so its not so bad!

DM_7 wrote: »
    Normally you don't have two starting off so its not so bad!

Ha ha true. 4 years and 10 months busy out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I agree. Have been minding my baby niece here and there over the last few months and it's a lot of work. Especially single mothers, how do they do it, it's hard enough with two parents! Where's Beaker Joe! Not relaxing and posting on boards, that's what :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It's Daddy Joe now. Easily the hardest thing I've done. It's an endurance test of the highest kind. I'm nine weeks in with my little girl and its so hard some days. Sleep deprivation is the toughest part but it's the best thing I've ever done. Anything worth doing in this world is going to be tough and its getting easier.

It's made Me respect my parents more and made me appreciate everything they did for me. I looked at my single mother sister and think she's super woman.

If sleep is low i am guessing its natural feeding?

My advice is use formula for the last feed in the evening, will get you a double size sleep.

Enjoy it though, if you can its good to nap at the same time. Although i found that hard as when the kid is asleep you want to do your own thing.

My young lad is over a year old now and you do notice it get easier generally and only the odd tough day.

Also try to get some exercise, its great for the brain to destress and get good vibes going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah the sleep deprivation is less now, she's starting to stretch out her night sleep. It's been formula all the way since birth but she's only getting into a proper pattern the last 10 days or so. Last night she slept from 2 til 9 which has been her longest sleep.

7 hours probably felt like 20 :)

Routine is great, the missus got our lad into a routine and it made life really easy compared to what it was those first few weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Q6hnRb9.gif

Happy New Years

HJlHnzn.png

Just sayin...... This an WWE in general

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

According to Real Madrid's mouthpiece newspaper Marca, Man United are set to sign Falcao for €40 million euros in the coming days.

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/12/31/en/football/international_football/1420042627.html
    In fact, Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev recently met up with super-agent Jorge Mendes in Dubai to set the wheels in motion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Happy New Year lads. Here we are in 2015 and it is nothing like Back To The Future II. So disappointed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thanks to Spurs I'm feeling a lot better about United just drawing with Stoke. Hopefully they don't balls up the last half hour now.

Edit: And then, just as I say that, they concede a goal. Damn it.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Thanks to Spurs I'm feeling a lot better about United just drawing with Stoke. Hopefully they don't balls up the last half hour now.

Edit: And then, just as I say that, they concede a goal. Damn it.

Spurs will cock it up, just wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Huzzah, after it looking like they were going to concede again, Spurs get a fifth :D

Won't be a Happy New Year for Chelsea & José Mourinho.

Being a Spurs fan must be terrible at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

A friend of mine is an avid supporter and I always remind him that John Cena supports them also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

A friend of mine is an avid supporter and I always remind him that John Cena supports them also.

yet another reason for us to hate Cena

Devitt is a Spurs fan though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

On that form Spurs serious contenders for top 4. I don't think Southampton will last the pace and I do think Chelsea and City in whatever order should get the top 2 spots. That means, Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Spurs for the other two spots. Should be an interesting few months.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Southampton have a better chance for 4th than Liverpool. You can't drop points to Leicesters of the world. That said it may be the lowest quality race for 4th in a long time. Think United will win the League, Chelsea, City and Arsenal for CL.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Southampton have a better chance for 4th than Liverpool. You can't drop points to Leicesters of the world. That said it may be the lowest quality race for 4th in a long time. Think United will win the League, Chelsea, City and Arsenal for CL.

tumblr_mzg1ynul7E1s36aafo1_500.gif

Advertisement