Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

dreams-vs-reality-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy New Year Everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Some cool .gifs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Back to work tomorrow :( Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

steven gerrard to leave Liverpool when his contract ends, announcement on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

yet another reason for us to hate Cena
    I was feeling down the other day, then saw a person with a disability in a Cena hat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Back to work tomorrow :( Anyone else?

Yep me too, I am very depressed about it! Thank feck the weekend isnt too far away! I couldn't handle going back on a Monday!!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep me too, I am very depressed about it! Thank feck the weekend isnt too far away! I couldn't handle going back on a Monday!!!

Definitely depressed going back but its a short day and hopefully not much happening. And I'm getting sick of eating roses watching crap tv

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Definitely depressed going back but its a short day and hopefully not much happening. And I'm getting sick of eating roses watching crap tv

I have a jammed pack day, esentially have to get two days worth of work into one for reporting purposes. I am also sick of eating ****e will be good to get back into a routine where breakfast isn't chocolates lying around haha.

cena wrote: »
    steven gerrard to leave Liverpool when his contract ends, announcement on Friday

Off to the USA so

He is a tremendous player and is a big loss to Liverpool who he was so loyal too for many years which is rare these days

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Off to the USA so

He is a tremendous player and is a big loss to Liverpool who he was so loyal too for many years which is rare these days

What makes you think he well go to the u.s

What makes you think he well go to the u.s

He is mid 30s and isn't that where most players go now to presumably LA Galaxy to "end their careers"

He is mid 30s and isn't that where most players go now to presumably LA Galaxy to "end their careers"

New York Red Bulls are favourites to sign him to replace previous marquee signing Henry.

New York Red Bulls are favourites to sign him to replace previous marquee signing Henry.

He might get loaned back to PL like Lampard, is this the same team Lampard signed to?

He might get loaned back to PL like Lampard, is this the same team Lampard signed to?

No he's signed to New York City. Different club completely. If he does get loaned back will it be to Liverpool or somewhere else?

No he's signed to New York City. Different club completely. If he does get loaned back will it be to Liverpool or somewhere else?

Then again maybe he wouldn't want to play against Liverpool

My birthday is next weekend of a significant age. I don't want to do anything for it but the brothers wife has taken it over in booking a meal etc.

I just don't like celebrating my birthdays.

My birthday is next weekend of a significant age. I don't want to do anything for it but the brothers wife has taken it over in booking a meal etc.

Same here. The less people that know the better

Same here. The less people that know the better

Ya the less that know. Just cause she is into the whole birthday thing cause there family is doesn't mean I have to. I deserve the my wishes to be respected if I don't want to do anything

Ya the less that know. Just cause she is into the whole birthday thing cause there family is doesn't mean I have to. I deserve the my wishes to be respected if I don't want to do anything

I'd be telling the brothers wife to butt out. Tell her you've made plans to go out with mates. None of her business. I've been out on birthdays before and not told anyone its my birthday. I also don't tell my work colleagues

• Advertisement

I'd be telling the brothers wife to butt out. Tell her you've made plans to go out with mates. None of her business. I've been out on birthdays before and not told anyone its my birthday. I also don't tell my work colleagues

I could but than I was be the worlds worst. She rang my mother to say what she is doing Even down to the cake and the place she is getting the cake they put too much icing on the cakes.

You can still say no and not look like a dick. Just be honest and say what you feel in a nice way appreciating the effort she's making etc. Try and do it before it's too late.

You can still say no and not look like a dick. Just be honest and say what you feel in a nice way appreciating the effort she's making etc. Try and do it before it's too late.

I have said it arlready. Just wasting my time. They never
    Listen to me. I get thick with my mother when she asks what I want to do after I have said nothing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I know the feeling of people pushing things on you that you would rather not do around times like a birthday, I would hate a party (I don't drink and after couple of hours don't want o be around those who were drinking).

I have found a meal to work as a good compromise in the past, you go for food, family come together and a couple of hours later its over without any real hassle.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I know the feeling of people pushing things on you that you would rather not do around times like a birthday, I would hate a party (I don't drink and after couple of hours don't want o be around those who were drinking).

I have found a meal to work as a good compromise in the past, you go for food, family come together and a couple of hours later its over without any real hassle.

I don't drink either while the rest well be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Madrid beaten...so does that make Valencia the 1 in 22 and 1?!?

Happy Birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Madrid beaten...so does that make Valencia the 1 in 22 and 1?!?

I am now expecting Valencia's manager to go on a Heymanesque rant about how he ended Real Madrid's 22 game streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Fantastic darts final, very pleased for Anderson.

Lets hope we can get the same quality in the BDO next week.:p

• Advertisement

The best final I've seen in ages in any sport. The mental strength to come back from losing a 180 for nothing is unreal.

Advertisement