Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057356767/1/#post93725322

EA sports watch out. Some rant in fairness

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Is...is he trying to sue them cause he thinks the games aren't good..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hope this isn't too wrasslin'-related for the Off-Topic thread, but had to share this weird story: I've got 2 little boys, 1 and 3 years of age. I've always been trying to get the older lad into things I like, and he already has an unhealthy obsession with superheroes. But I had to stop watching wrestling with him as he got crazy rough after watching it about a year ago or so, but before Christmas I spotted these little WWE Rumblers figures in Tesco's Bargain Bin for €2 a pop. http://www.toytown.ie/wp-content/uploads/WWE_Rumblers_Rampage_Figure_Asst.jpg

I thought they'd make a great little stocking filler so I said I'd pick up a couple of them. I rooted through and found Cena (every kids favourite), Mysterio (the kid loves masked heroes) Taker (of course) CM Punk (felt I had to get him as it was at the time of UFC announcement) and then the only other figure was Zack Ryder who I bought as I just felt bad for the guy, ha!

Anyway, Christmas Day comes, the kid loves the Rumblers even though he doesn't know who is who, plays with them for a good bit and weirdly, with no prompting, John Cena becomes his favourite. That's not the maddest thing though, a little while later we are going to another house for Christmas dinner, he wants to bring the Rumblers with him to show his little cousins and Taker is nowhere to be found. I rush around trying to find him, no luck. I figure he is just lost amongst all the other toys under the tree, no biggie, I'll get him later.

I have looked everywhere for that Taker Rumbler every day since Christmas and no joy. Took down the tree yesterday and was sure I'd find him amongst the branches or something, but no. The only plausible explanation we could come up with, was that the 1 yo picked him up, but him in the coal bucket next to the fire and he got tossed in on an open fire on Stephen's Day. Something poetic about that I feel. :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

All fun and games until you're sitting watching tv and the power and lights go and you hear a gong.

When the lights come back on the taker tumbler figure is in the middle of the floor staring at you and you've just noticed just how cold the room has gotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I thought it be more poetic if Zack Ryder got buried in the coal bucket.... seeing how hes always buried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I can't help but look at Ryder and think... it should have been you... :pac:

Anyway, I know the OT discussion was child-related before Christmas, just my 2 cents, but it's the toughest thing I've ever done. I think it was you beakerjoe who has the little one in a routine now? The 'routine' is a life saver! :)

Just about. Gettin more sleep now which makes all the difference

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow horrid scenes in Paris. Two hostage situations and a third being reported as I type....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's all over Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

James Rodriguez beat Stephanie Roche for best goal, she was 2nd with 33% to his 41%, still a great achievement for her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

In all fairness, James Rodriguez scored the goal of the tournament. So it was bound to win the FIFA Puskas Award. Stephanie Roche's goal was superb as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Any good apps to download youtube vids?

1421785293-b5e4d564a90adce8db62948838b7374a-600x900.jpg

Since when was Bret Hart a Scouser ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Does anyone have any advice for getting the best out of a fibre connection using wifi it's coming in at 80mb but getting 40 a few feet away from the router and 10 or less further down in the bedrooms 40-45 ft away, looking to get it a bit faster and more consistent everywhere

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Does paul heyman not tweet about wrestling. Every time I check his feed it seems to be tweets about women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

cena wrote: »
    Does paul heyman not tweet about wrestling. Every time I check his feed it seems to be tweets about women.

#hustlebootytemptats

basically his twitter uploads a lot of what is on his Heyman Hustle site.

he very rarely says much though wih regards wrestling apart from brock and his own stuff shilling raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey all I don't usually post on here but said i might aswell start as i post in all the other threads lol,

and my non wrestling related post is my bloody right ear is blocked last few days and its a right pain in the hole not being able to hear people properly , Especially today at work (i work in a shop)

Lads looking a tablet for facebook, twitter, boards, netflix and watching some football. Is the Ipad the best bet or can I get away with something cheaper??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

and my non wrestling related post is my bloody right ear is blocked last few days and its a right pain in the hole not being able to hear people properly , Especially today at work (i work in a shop)

Was at the docs today giving out about the same with my ears (among other things) so I can sympathize. ****ing sucks...

Yeah was at Docs today for it hoping for a good old syringing lol ,but alas he got out some of it gave me drops and said come back monday...So yeah **** you and bye bye hearing anything for the weekend :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Yeah was at Docs today for it hoping for a good old syringing lol ,but alas he got out some of it gave me drops and said come back monday...So yeah **** you and bye bye hearing anything for the weekend :/

The drops soften everything up so if it hasn't cleared its an easier syringe job at the end of it

Yeah that's true , Just frustrating oh well, At least I won't be able to hear myself shout at the tv on Sunday when Arsenal are struggling to beat Brighton and when Daniel Bryan inevitably gets eliminated out of the rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lads looking a tablet for facebook, twitter, boards, netflix and watching some football. Is the Ipad the best bet or can I get away with something cheaper??

Samsung Galaxy tab 3 or tab 4, pick a decent one up for about 250. Excellent tablets!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Samsung galaxy are indeed very good. I have the cheapest one and it works well with things like sky go, rte player, watch wrestling or the network.

I have heard good things about the nexus as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yes something like that.

I have not owned or used an ipad or other than the Samsung(s) used other android tablet models so couldn;t talk them down. Its worth having a look around and maybe looking at them in a shop to see what you like. Affordability would be a big selling point for me.

Lots of threads here with similar questions that you would have http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1580

So I'd planned to do my 1st footy accumalator today and was going to pick West Brom, City, Chelsea Spurs and Southampton

My missus says you should just pick all the teams playing the top premier sides for the laugh......

Why the **** didn't I listen to her !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was working today so I didn't get to see any of the games, I was pretty shocked at all the big names dumped out. Good day for the giant killers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I have my first interview in 8 years tomorrow morning. I've been lucky and gone from job to job in that time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have my first interview in 8 years tomorrow morning. I've been lucky and gone from job to job in that time.

Best of luck with it!

Advertisement