Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    Joe.ie literally just posted up an article pretty much confirming Bruce WON'T be playing Croke Park.

Well who else is “a well-known American musician whose songs include ‘Born in the USA’ and who appeals to all ages”.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well who else is “a well-known American musician whose songs include ‘Born in the USA’ and who appeals to all ages”.

Since when does a source means confirmation?
    A source has told the Herald that the act due to be announced for the Dublin stadium this Friday is “a well-known American musician whose songs include ‘Born in the USA’ and who appeals to all ages”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joe.ie literally just posted up an article pretty much confirming Bruce WON'T be playing Croke Park.

Peter Aiken saying no too

How can the papers, radio stations and websites etc., report it :confused:

Since when does a source means confirmation?

Sorry, just used to watching Sky Sports News, and when they're sources have a story that's developing, they usually end up being spot on.

Just used Sky Sports News sources as an example

Papers, Radios, websites etc have been played me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Guys never been to the olympia

what is seated ticking like, obviously better than standing?:o

Never been in the circle (first level seating) but the upper circle in the nose bleeds is crap. Better than nothing but tickets tend to only be like a fiver cheaper.

I saw Interpol play The Village in 2003. Good gig, they only had one album of songs and iirc they played ine or twi twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I'm giving away two prints of semi-nudie ladies if anyone's interested.
    Link

I got asked to shoot a load of stuff for Suicide Girls, so I thought I'd see if I could make a few bob off the print end. It's a weird business. Especially when you're engaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone know what is the best way to get to passport office from heuston station

cena wrote: »
    Anyone know what is the best way to get to passport office from heuston station

25a up to the back of trinity. Get off before it goes up to the National Gallery. You can walk it from there!

Does anyone know any good websites for buying Batman and Marvel shirts?

Or even any shops in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Forbidden Planet? I know it may be obvious but they do have some t-shirts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Thinkgeek are good but they nail you on the shipping!

In Dublin there's Forbidden Planet, Sub City comics and sometimes Penneys will have them around the release of a film.

So no one was announced for Croke Park last Friday, maybe Conor McGregor will get his fight there :p

Just looking at the bands confirmed (on their own websites) for Electric Picnic this year. Still no sign of a headliner - normally there's a way to guess, but it's difficult this year. Anyway, these lot are confirmed:

Belle & Sebastian
    George Ezra
    Jon Hopkins
    Roisin Murphy
    The War on Drugs

Forbidden Fruit is gone all Electronic, so there's loads more scope for bands than the past few years. Other than Hozier, Chemical Brothers and Alt J (playing Longitude), the rest of current touring bands are up for grabs.

Coldplay are a lock for Glasto, but may be too big for EP. Ride are the other name, but I don't think they're *that* big. Anyone hear anything yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,270 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just on Paddypower there since got a mail asking to verify identity. I only noticed before logging in that it doesn't seem to be a secure site, going by the fact there's no https and no padlock. And this was entering the address manually and not clicking on the link in a mail since wouldn't trust those.

Anyone else notice this? Or am I just being paranoid, since I've used the site before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Well I'll be the first to say it in the thread so

Happy Birthday Moneymaker, the most referenced boardsie on WWE today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Well I'll be the first to say it in the thread so

Happy Birthday Moneymaker, the most referenced boardsie on WWE today!

Cheers man :)

Few spliffs, NXT. Pretty much perfection tbh :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Happy birthday good sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I buy all mine (I own about 20 of them) from Superherostuff.com.

They always have great sales on and about once every two months the sale will be discounts on international shipping :)

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Cheers man :)

Few spliffs, NXT. Pretty much perfection tbh :cool:

Happy Birthday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Today is one of those magnificent days that I desperately want to discuss, but have to wait till Tuesday before I can. :D:P:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,270 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Belated Happy Birthday MoneyMaker
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Today is one of those magnificent days that I desperately want to discuss, but have to wait till Tuesday before I can. :D:P:(

They're giving you the title on Monday's Raw?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Put it in the title but yeah happy birthday mm!

Started a new job 4 days ago... Holidays start today! Woo, Chinese new year for the win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They're giving you the title on Monday's Raw?

You think Reigns is being pushed down your throat, just you wait. :P

Lemmy guess what's happening, your changing your username from Lord TSC to King TSC?

Have a great Valentine's weekend all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Lemmy guess what's happening, your changing your username from Lord TSC to King TSC?

LOOOORD TSC! PITT THE ELDER!

I buy all mine (I own about 20 of them) from Superherostuff.com.

They always have great sales on and about once every two months the sale will be discounts on international shipping :)

Thanks for the reply.

Do you go up a size when buying the shirts or stick to your normal size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

How do you turn off email notifications for this site? my email inbox is flooded with notifications for threads that I follow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

mxph3 wrote: »
    How do you turn off email notifications for this site? my email inbox is flooded with notifications for threads that I follow.
    Control panel -> options -> Default thread subscription mode, then change to no e-mail notification. Dunno if that'll stop you getting e-mails for threads you're already subbed to though.

Advertisement