Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So I briefly referred to this last week, but it was made official today.

This is my last week being labeled as "Unemployed"; I've transferred off the dole onto an Entrepreneurial scheme, registered the business name, registering for tax, etc, registering a proper website, having to open a business bank account, the whole shebang. After weeks and weeks of market research and learning the ins and outs of Amazon, Ebay and other websites, it's time to take the plunge. Officially, Sunday is my last day, and on Monday, I'm officially a sole trader.

After a few years of getting more and more down about how things were turning out, I decided "**** it, let's build an empire". And as such, the empire begins now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Good luck with it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Good luck building the empire :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm in the empire business

Best of luck TSC! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So I briefly referred to this last week, but it was made official today.

This is my last week being labeled as "Unemployed"; I've transferred off the dole onto an Entrepreneurial scheme, registered the business name, registering for tax, etc, registering a proper website, having to open a business bank account, the whole shebang. After weeks and weeks of market research and learning the ins and outs of Amazon, Ebay and other websites, it's time to take the plunge. Officially, Sunday is my last day, and on Monday, I'm officially a sole trader.

After a few years of getting more and more down about how things were turning out, I decided "**** it, let's build an empire". And as such, the empire begins now :D

Best of luck with it all, Lord Sugar TSC :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Lord TSC is in the Empire business now?! Best of luck mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Good luck TSC an remember

resized_del-boy-shut-up-meme-generator-don-t-worry-this-time-next-year-we-ll-be-millionaires-a45d7d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,270 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good luck with your empire.

Just remember the open exhaust pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Best of luck TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Best of luck TSC! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Good luck TSC and happy D.Bryan year all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Good luck tsc. When your ready with the site share the link so we can have a look or buy something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Good luck TSC, hope it goes well for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone know if this place is near the shopping center? Need to be there tomorrow

Irish Sport HQ,
    National Sports Campus,
    Blanchardstown,
    Dublin 15,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fecking hell, when I saw "punches girl on stage" I wasn't expecting that big right hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ed Sheeran announced today for Croke Park

Mastodon in The Olympia Theatre June 26th :D, definitely going this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,270 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Mastodon in The Olympia Theatre June 26th :D, definitely going this time around.

Why is it every time I see "Mastadon" I just want to shout it Power Rangers style?!

Hope people don't mind me using this topic to discuss business things. Want to share a bit, cause I'm super excited by how it's going. (though, and I said this to BH, I won't be linking to it publicly when it does start going properly, simply cause I'd worry some people might want to cause me problems if I mod them or something on the soccer forum :P I also don't want to break rules about advertising the business or whatever.). I also hope people don't think it's bragging or anything, cause I don't mean it that way; it's simply that I like the community on the wrestling board and enjoy talking with ye about these things. :)

Ahead of the official launch on Monday, just after sending in a shipment to Amazon. Am using Amazon as my main base to sell from starting off. But it's really surreal to me at the moment; the four boxes I just sent in had a total value of €1,300 if everything sells. Considering only a few weeks back, I was testing the markets with a few quids worth of stuff, it's hard to get my head round the idea that I've finally gotten to this stage I'm at. Seeing the 4 boxes, taped up and ready to go, has me so happy.

I think people know I was a teacher, or trained as one anyway. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, but there certainly was a crazy amount of stress. A lot of good stuff, when things were going well, but just a crazy amount of stress with whats expected from you. But it's only now, when I'm so happy doing this, that I realise I probably didn't love teaching in the way someone probably should love their job. I know that this is only something new, but I feel so content doing it at the moment :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hey guys , Just wondering id anyone has a spare euro or 2 would they mind donating towards my shave or dye for the Irish Cancer Society. I know one or two of ye were very generous last year :)

https://www.justgiving.com/domhnall-hurley/

Heads will have to roll at Arsenal and Liverpool if this rubbish Manchester United team somehow pip them for a top 4 position.

So bad really, Di Maria a complete and utter passenger and in Falcao and Van Persie you have 2 strikers who are past it and totally wasteful.

Van Gaal could be gone in the Summer and nobody would have any pity for him.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Heads will have to roll at Arsenal and Liverpool if this rubbish Manchester United team somehow pip them for a top 4 position.

So bad really, Di Maria a complete and utter passenger and in Falcao and Van Persie you have 2 strikers who are past it and totally wasteful.

Van Gaal could be gone in the Summer and nobody would have any pity for him.

Van Gaal won't be gone in the summer, Van Persie - time to put him out to pasture, he is past it, maybe get Alex Lacazette from Lyon in the summer, Falcao definitely won't be back, ****ing glad it was a loan. Wilson should've started in RVP's place, Di Maria was as well have been non-existent after setting up Herrera's goal.

Then again it isn't all bad, United are 4th in the table, a point behind Arsenal.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Van Gaal won't be gone in the summer, Van Persie - time to put him out to pasture, he is past it, maybe get Alex Lacazette from Lyon in the summer, Falcao definitely won't be back, ****ing glad it was a loan. Wilson should've started in RVP's place, Di Maria was as well have been non-existent after setting up Herrera's goal.

Then again it isn't all bad, United are 4th in the table, a point behind Arsenal.

Yeah LVG probably gets one more season, but if they were to finish outside the top six and lose a lot of the remaining matches he could be at risk, they have a pretty brutal fixture list as well.

RVP has been lucky that all the focus has been on Falco been awful as he hasn't been much better at all, he looks so slow and seems to have zero confidence in front of goal.

I'd try and get in Wilson for the next few games, but I reckon RVP is untouchable no matter how bad the performances.

Not sure what they can do with Di Maria, we all know he is quality, but he has been a passenger since Christmas and seems to be contributing less and less as the season is going on.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah LVG probably gets one more season, but if they were to finish outside the top six and lose a lot of the remaining matches he could be at risk, they have a pretty brutal fixture list as well.

RVP has been lucky that all the focus has been on Falco been awful as he hasn't been much better at all, he looks so slow and seems to have zero confidence in front of goal.

I'd try and get in Wilson for the next few games, but I reckon RVP is untouchable no matter how bad the performances.

Not sure what they can do with Di Maria, we all know he is quality, but he has been a passenger since Christmas and seems to be contributing less and less as the season is going on.

Van Gaal will remain at United for the duration of his contract, can't see United's higher up chopping him now and bringing in someone else, next 8 league games are crucial, some tough tests in those 8, some winnable one's as well.

RVP, as much as i hate to say it, he was a one season wonder, dreadful under Moyes, you'd think with his ex national team manager now being his club boss he'd be firing them in apparently not, Falcao hasn't been the same since his knee injury, Wilson needs a run, drop RVP altogether, and for the money spent on Di Maria you'd think he'd be ripping up lower opposition teams, Van Gaal's philosophy hasn't caught on yet i think, but he'll get it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I haven't warmed to LVG at all.

I feel more and more disillusioned with club football by the day tbh. I think Ferguson's departure is a big factor in this but the club just doesn't seem the same as the one I was crazy about as a boy. The whole ethos just seems different and the amount of money getting sloshed about is mental.

Rooting for Ireland is the one thing that I feel truly emotionally invested in when it comes to this sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Not a hope Van Gaal will be sacked. Nor should he, he stated several times he has a three year plan I hope to feck it works. I'm not too enamoured with his team selection at times. Also he seems to be a good 50-60 mins into a game before he realises his best set up for a game. I know it isn't all that simple as opposition change tactics too. Hope we can wrangle a way out of signing Falcao full time and sign a CM along with two defenders and a striker from our summer war chest.

CL football would help of course, I have a feeling that will go to the last day of the season for two from UTD,Spurs,Liverpool and Arsenal.

LVG still has plenty of faith from me, short of a dramatic falling down the table; there's still too many deadwood players on the team who need to be shifted on. Another shift in manager will do more damage to the team at this stage; would rather we simply try and move on the likes of RVP and Valencia, and use the massive money available to continue the rebuilding process.

I think and anyone feel free to disagree with me, but Man United supporters are still attached to the dominance of the Ferguson era, and are unwilling to let go. Once Van Gaal has cleared out the deadwood in the summer, and brings in the players he wants (read somewhere that he has/or been promised a £200 million pound warchest to play with for the summer window), and said players bedded in, things will click into place, the philosophy will catch on and Van Gaal will eventually bring United back to where they belong @ the top of the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How are United getting around financial fair play rules by spending 200m every year?

Advertisement