Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That Wales game is going to be just as epic. I hope the players are okay for it as there were a few walking wounded today.

My favourite moment (besides the try and final whistle) was Sexton doing a Bill Goldberg on Ford:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Wouldnt be suprised should Sexton not recover in time to see Keatley go straight back in at 10 ahead of Madigan. We seemed rudderless across the backline without Sexton outside Murray was looking increasingly frail as it went into the final quarter of the game. Similar to the french game madigans decision making can be poor. When hes on he is unplayable but he isnt even playing 10 for Leinster whereas Keatley is first choice ten at Munster(why not hanrahan I dont know).

Bad results for United today I was hoping Pool or Arsenal would have dropped points today. Sign of the times that Im looking down the table instead of up :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Ireland team and set up is very like the England team that won the world cup. But not as dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Best Sunday ever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

DM_7 wrote: »
    The Ireland team and set up is very like the England team that won the world cup. But not as dirty.

Bit ahead of ourselves there, that English team won down in New Zealand. We are in with the French in our WC pool which helps, they have been a total mess for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Everyone knows who Robbie Henshaw is now :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bit ahead of ourselves there, that English team won down in New Zealand. We are in with the French in our WC pool which helps, they have been a total mess for so long.

Very like in set up. How they approach the game. I don't think Ireland are as good as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This might be a controversial opinion to hold, but i couldn't really give a damn. But i honestly hope Jose Aldo knocks Conor McGregor the **** out in Vegas on July 11th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't like the whole LAD culture that McGregor seems to be at the forefront of but watching his fights have been a lot of fun. Regardless of what happens I'll be happy. Quickly turning the Chael Sonnen corner in terms of meh though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm serving a two week ban in the soccer forum (deservedly, I guess...) so I can't really vent on Boards about United so I'll use this catch-all thread.

Angel Di Maria....Christ, give me strength.

• Advertisement

Cheltenham kicks off tomorrow

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm serving a two week ban in the soccer forum (deservedly, I guess...) so I can't really vent on Boards about United so I'll use this catch-all thread.

Angel Di Maria....Christ, give me strength.

Got a 3 month one for calling Mourinho a prick or a **** I forget. Not that I miss it. Tbf United haven't been playing great if they hadn't De Gea they wouldn't be near a CL place. Think Van Gaal hasn't improved them much when you consider that a few teams around them got worse this season & they had no Europe.
    Di Maria & Özil look fair half arsed since leaving Real.

Regarding McGregor I'm surprised rte got a series out of him. Talking about the fightin Irish & other paddy cliches.
    Find the UFC fad fading a bit anyway, so many events & so little live long in the memory

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    This might be a controversial opinion to hold, but i couldn't really give a damn. But i honestly hope Jose Aldo knocks Conor McGregor the **** out in Vegas on July 11th.

Im kinda in the same boat , Especially after his comments about the RTE Sports Awards saying they need to pay for him to be there , even though he has not even won "the big one yet" while you had people like Katie Taylor and BOD who actually win championships in their fields

Im kinda in the same boat , Especially after his comments about the RTE Sports Awards saying they need to pay for him to be there , even though he has not even won "the big one yet" while you had people like Katie Taylor and BOD who actually win championships in their fields

McGregor just comes across as too cocky for his own good, case in point his RTE Sports Awards comment, he needs to be taken down a few pegs in July.

Katie Taylor + Bryan O' Driscoll > Conor McGregor, by a country mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The humble Irish sportsperson is so boring though and the RTE Sports Awards mean ****all. Jockeys win it ffs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

While it's true that the humble thing can get boring, I find McGregor goes too far the other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I didn't like Conor McGregor at all when I first saw him but he has really grown on me this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ecstasy and Meth are currently legal for the day in Ireland, until the government fix a constitutional mess up. Let's hp get hiiiiiiigh laaaaads. :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ecstasy and Meth are currently legal for the day in Ireland, until the government fix a constitutional mess up. Let's hp get hiiiiiiigh laaaaads. :P

Ketamine and Magic Mushrooms too, how did the Government f*ck this up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gutted for Schalke, would have loved to see them knock out Madrid.

• Advertisement

No such luck for Jose tonight. The cuñt.
    Back to the halting site for you Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Strange tactics from Jose. Considering the talent at his disposal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Games like that one just chip away at my enjoyment of the sport. Really hope in the near future football follows the example of other sports and gives refs the benefit of technology. There was way too much acting the maggot antics for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Got a new laptop today. 8gb ram and 1tb hard drive

cena wrote: »
    Got a new laptop today. 8gb ram and 1tb hard drive
    My laptop is 3 years old now & sounds like it took up smoking. Its just my media & internet machine now really.
    Games like that one just chip away at my enjoyment of the sport. Really hope in the near future football follows the example of other sports and gives refs the benefit of technology. There was way too much acting the maggot antics for my liking.
    Honestly less cheating than United vs. Arsenal but more scumbaggery. I think it was 'good for the sport' that the right team went through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

ERG89 wrote: »
    My laptop is 3 years old now & sounds like it took up smoking. Its just my media & internet machine now really.

Honestly less cheating than United vs. Arsenal but more scumbaggery. I think it was 'good for the sport' that the right team went through

My charger broke on the other charger and I have an exam to start for level 2 ice hockey coaching cert, so I really needs one was 300 euro for the laptop

Tony Fenton (2FM and Today FM - DJ) has died RIP

Tony Fenton & Terry Pratchett, today absolutely sucks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wales have done to Ireland what we did to England to weeks ago in that first half but the deficit was reduced to 6 points and I think Ireland can def improve in the 2nd half.

Barnes is consistent but I hope this game isn't all penalties (although Ireland could use a few early now)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ireland have def improved since the first half but Wales have lost very little momentum . Cant see Ireland winning this sadly although those 2 massive plays in Welsh 10m was brilliant.

And now wales have a try :(

Advertisement