Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ireland will pull it back yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Too many errors. Sexton wasn't at the races and we needed him to be. Thought the ref had a poor game as well.

Still the chance of retaining the championship though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

disappointing but Wales were very good especially defensively today. Ireland should have taken the points a few times today before the welsh try I thought and it wasn't Sextons best match but Scotland havent been great this year so a pts difference championship is still very possible although The Welsh will fancy their chances too vs Italy.

BBC are bigging up 3 teams in it but unless they hammer Scotland, France shouldnt really let them rack up enough pts on the last day

edit: now looking at the pts difference and its v positive for Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Line outs were shocking today. If we'd got the try early in the second half when we had them on the rack we would have won. Ah a few pints tonight will ease the pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Some of the worst finishing I've seen in any sport. Barnes was strange but the chances to win it were there and there are bigger sources of Ireland's downfall than a referee. I had a feeling it would be the 2011 WC all over again the way some of the rugby forum boys were confident of a big win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Is it true that Netflix bans your account if you use US VPN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Irish ladies rugby team destroyed Wales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

mxph3 wrote: »
    Is it true that Netflix bans your account if you use US VPN?

I've used Unblock-us for the past year and haven't been blocked. Some people use "free DNS codes" or Hola so I dunno bout them.

Netflix just made it handier recently by allowing the 'My List' feature across all regions. Before it was limited to your native region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I use Hola top access the U.S version of Netflix, but I haven't been on it in a while. I've been making my way through Pretty Little Liars on the Irish one with my girlfriend. Poor me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

So in a little over 24 hours I leave for Malaysia to get married. I've already found somewhere to watch Ireland Scotland and United-Pool. Just gotta find a place for Mania and I'm sorted.

Starting wedded life as I mean to go on :)

• Advertisement

Kankan14 wrote: »
    So in a little over 24 hours I leave for Malaysia to get married. I've aready found somewhere to watch Ireland Scotland and United-Pool. Just gotta find a place for Mania and I'm sorted.

ha reminds me of myself (except i had a second dealy in Ireland a month or so later)... got married here in taiwan on the weekend, back in work on the monday and watched a WWE ppv that evening iirc although i suppose i probably only got away with that cos the misses was passed out after an exhausting weekend and work.

Congrats!

enjoy it man. people always say it but they sure do fly by

So in a little over 24 hours I leave for Malaysia to get married. I've already found somewhere to watch Ireland Scotland and United-Pool. Just gotta find a place for Mania and I'm sorted.

Congrats and Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mozel Tov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Happy Birthday to Billy Corgan, leader of The Smashing Pumpkins and pro wrestling promoter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Congrats Kankan14!

I was listening to The Place To Be from 2011 Jay and they were talking about you on an episode!

Hope ye all had a good Paddy's day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was listening to The Place To Be from 2011 Jay and they were talking about you on an episode!

Sweet! What did they say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

jaykhunter wrote: »

Dude! What did they say?

Hoping you get the reference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Dude! What did they say?

Hoping you get the reference.
    SWEET! What did they say?!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Surely you heard it? Justin was saying that your video reviews are good and funny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Steam have all three Bioshocks for €10

Well, there goes my weekend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Steam have all three Bioshocks for €10

Well, there goes my weekend...
    Probably in response to Infinity being free on Xbox Live for the next few days I'd say!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Probably in response to Infinity being free on Xbox Live for the next few days I'd say!

Awesome! Brother has the Xbox tied up with the new Final Fantasy game for a few days though, so I'll go via PC. Might record as well and see if anything fun can be made :pac:

Loved B:I, so looking forward to trying it out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Awesome! Brother has the Xbox tied up with the new Final Fantasy game for a few days though, so I'll go via PC. Might record as well and see if anything fun can be made :pac:

Loved B:I, so looking forward to trying it out again.
    Ah yeah, it's a fun game. Not of the quality of the original Bioshock but the Buried at Sea DLC was awesome!

Oh, bugger. That doesnt seem to come with the Steam version :( Any chance its going free with the Xbox version?

Don't think it will be Wales now (nor did I beforehand tbh) but what do people think of Irelands chances today?
    edit: and the second I post they start racking up the tries

Will be interesting to see if France show up as they have been terrible recently, as have scotland and with Ireland not exactly scoring tries left right and center (though im confident they will win) the points difference could be close esp with England playing last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Odd watchin this in Kuala Lumpur so late at night. Did find an Irish bar near the embassy though. C'mon Ireland.

Advertisement