Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gonna try and flirt my way in to a lockin for it because boxing is too boring to watch on your own or sober.
    This didn't work. Streaming it is.

Anybody else up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'l be up for it.

Sorry but I can't understand how anyone can root for a guy with so many cases of domestic violence on his cv.

Lets go Manny.:)

Do expect Mayweather to win though in what will probably be a dull fight.:(

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I'l be up for it.

Sorry but I can't understand how anyone can root for a guy with so many cases of domestic violence on his cv.

Lets go Manny.:)

Do expect Mayweather to win though in what will probably be a dull fight.:(

Pac hates gays or at least "disputes gay marriage". The both have personality flaws in fairness.

Pac hates gays or at least "disputes gay marriage". The both have personality flaws in fairness.

Yeah he is not perfect either, but much lesser of 2 evils I think.

For sure.

Reckon Mayweather but can see it going the distance.

• Advertisement

For sure.

Reckon Mayweather but can see it going the distance.

Yeah think that to, the bookies have Mayweather by points very short, 1/1 top price, no thanks. :(

Saw somewhere you could get odds on Pac at 8/1 if you were a first time better. Crazy.

Saw somewhere you could get odds on Pac at 8/1 if you were a first time better. Crazy.

Probably only allowed to win 50 quid, which I suppose is fair enough. They'd be fooked if they allowed you to win more.:P

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/floyd-mayweather-jr-v-manny-pacquiao/dionesia-pacquiao-to-be-seen-on-tv-putting-a-curse-on-mayweather-during-fight

I'l have this bet though. :P

Proper heel heat hate for Floyd. :p

People pretending it was a tactical thriller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well given what I read about it on Entertainment and Twitter, I don't think I'll bother watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thoughts on Mayweather/Pacquiao:
    I thought Manny took the fight to Floyd, but yer man's like the Chelsea of boxing, just a tight defence so there wasn't much action; but he did get a few blisters of punching; Manny had more 'important' landing punches (highlighted by the between-round replays). Mayweather boxed a winning game according to how Boxing is scored; throwing/landing more punches overall. Really cautious and reserved match, didn't like Money's Randy Orton headlocks to píss off Pacquiao. Overall quite disappointing but hey. The Showtime guy said it correctly, there wouldn't be any desire for a rematch. Would've liked Manny to win after Mayweather made them wait for Pacquaio to be out of his prime and with his huge list of demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chelesa the PL champs again, nice touch too of John Terry offering his and the team's condolences to Rio Ferdinard on the death of his wife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Chelesa the PL champs again, nice touch too of John Terry offering his and the team's condolences to Rio Ferdinard on the death of his wife

Indeed, real top guy and class act is John Terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It totally makes up for calling Rios brother something naughty a few years back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heading over to England next month to meet some internet friends and watch some rasslin', should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Happy May 19th folks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Happy May 19th folks
    Well, at least it isn't the 4th, because...*shudder* Worst pun ever!

Angron wrote: »
    Heading over to England next month to meet some internet friends and watch some rasslin', should be fun!

What shows you going to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Brought the dog a ice cream cone this evening after a visit to the vets. He really enjoyed it. Not something I would normally buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

cena wrote: »
    Brought the dog a ice cream cone this evening after a visit to the vets. He really enjoyed it. Not something I would normally buy

On a hot day, it may be tempting to share your ice cream cone with your dog. But if he could, he'd thank you for not doing so. Milk and milk-based products can cause diarrhea and other digestive upset, as well as set up food allergies (which often show up as itchiness).

My dog loves milk. I dont give it to him that often mind. But he shows no bad effects afterwards that i notice.

Plus he loves the occasional Loop da Loop ice lolly.

gimmick wrote: »
    My dog loves milk. I dont give it to him that often mind. But he shows no bad effects afterwards that i notice.

Probably does depend on the dog, but any time my dog has any milk he gets the runs.

It should also be known that dogs are superior to cats in every way.

cats are assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

My dog loves loads of stuff apparently bad for her (Milk, biscuits, taytos...or anything anyone is eating) but is spoilt rotten. Last night she had pork steak for tea & she has blankets/cushions in her basket. Lol :o

It should also be known that dogs are superior to cats in every way.

cats are assholes.

What about Catdog!

latest?cb=20120611125556

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh damn it, now I have the catdog theme stuck in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Since the topic is on dogs, how do people feel about getting a dog neutered? Does it drastically alter the pet's personality?

It's been suggested for our family dog and I have been arguing against it (to be honest that episode of Family Guy where it was suggested for Brian has come to mind :pac:), but I've had a few people tell me I'm stupid to make it into a big deal as it settles down dogs and makes them less frantic etc.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Made no difference to my fellas personality. He was wild beforehand and is still afterwards.

Benfits imo are
    1. One less area where your dog can get a disease or infection causing vet visits or worse

2. No surprises ie if its a boy yuo can leave him off the lead so he can run wild free from the fear he humps some precious pedigree and you have an angry owner shouting at you for their dog being defiled. Same if you have a girl dog, you can let her run free on the beach or where ever knowing that even if some randy pup decides to have a go, you wont have 10 new family members in a few months,

Negatives
    1 - sending you poor dog to have his balls chopped off :o

There are neutering nazis out there as well though who would say you are satan for even considering no neutering your pet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

My dog is an absolute pain when she's in season so this has reminded me I must get her neutered. I don't think neutering is that big a deal for a male dog as long as he's not allowed to go off roaming on his own but for a female I don't think I could put up with her trying to hump my arm off for 3 weeks every year.

Advertisement